• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Bush is not welcomed in Canada...

SovereignAxe said:
I don't think he was joking...unless you're being sarcastic...if so disregard this.

I really don't know where to begin with this. I just don't see how someone can be against protesting, unless, or course, they are communist but I don't think even communists are like that. It's human nature to be individualistic.

There are more civilized ways of expressing one's views. Beating up a cop or setting fire to business is not right.

Agree?

That's what protesting has become, civil unrest, and just plain wrong. I know that protesters will not stop and some people get a thrill from throwing a brick or kicking someone's teeth in.

That's just the way the world is, and I find it very sad that these people are around.

Reguardless, Crime and Violence is often perpretrated by these so-called Peaceful protesters. Jus imagine being a cop in a protest trying to fend for your life.

Horrible, disgusting, sad.

End of my rant.

Can't we ALL get along and stop the violence?

Answer: No, we can't because too many of us act like children.

Update: http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/11/30/bush.canada/index.html

I remember this -- Crazy Carolyn...lol

"Bush had planned to visit Canada in 2003, but the trip was scrubbed after then-Prime Minister Jean Chretien refused to contribute troops to the invasion of Iraq.

Both countries said Iraq was not a factor in the decision to cancel the trip, but it was not rescheduled until Chretien retired in December.

Further aggravating the situation were critical comments from Chretien's spokesman, who called Bush a "moron," and a member of Parliament from the prime minister's center-left Liberal Party, who, referring to what she called "damn Americans," concluded, "I hate those bastards."

The spokesman was fired, but the MP, Carolyn Parrish, was re-elected to her suburban Toronto seat in June. She has continued her criticism, telling reporters after Bush's re-election that the results showed Americans were "completely out of step" with the rest of the world.

The Liberal Party, now led by Martin, kicked Parrish out of its parliamentary caucus this month after she was shown stomping on a Bush doll during a television spoof."

sexmeup said:
All I am saying is that there is no such thing as Peaceful protesting.

The word protest in essence is a violent action.

Every protest is violent and someone always get's hurt, case in point the police officer that was hurt outside the Commons.

I don't believe in protesting, it's a disgusting action that should not be practiced.

Point Finale.

Are you for real? How are you going to argue, stand up for yourself, or question someone's actions? Are we just suppose to go with the flow? Are you just gonna sit there when your mom tells you to eat vegetables? No, you stand up for yourself and cry.

On a more serious note, look what Gandhi did. His, peaceful, nonviolent, non cooperation protest movement was the force that drove the British Empire out of India. Jesus Christ's teachings of "turn the other cheek" is another example of a peaceful, non-violent protest.

Protesting without violence happens all the time. Sure, sometimes it does result in violence, but you can't generalize and say that all do because that's just not true.

"Hurt" and violence are also two different things. When your lady friend says "no sex for you," that hurts. But it isn't a violent action.

Brino

Banned
sexmeup said:
There are more civilized ways of expressing one's views. Beating up a cop or setting fire to business is not right.

Agree?

That's what protesting has become, civil unrest, and just plain wrong. I know that protesters will not stop and some people get a thrill from throwing a brick or kicking someone's teeth in.

That's just the way the world is, and I find it very sad that these people are around.

Reguardless, Crime and Violence is often perpretrated by these so-called Peaceful protesters. Jus imagine being a cop in a protest trying to fend for your life.

Horrible, disgusting, sad.

End of my rant.

Can't we ALL get along and stop the violence?

Answer: No, we can't because too many of us act like children.

Being from Seattle I know a fair amount about protesting and I can tell you that what your describing is not protesting, it's rioting! There is a difference. Protesting is in essence a peaceful way of expressing your opinion but when it gets violent it stops being a protest and becomes a riot. The majority of protests are peaceful, it's only on rare occasions that it turns into a riot.

Bush is not welcome in my house or my suburb! :p
oh and the airspace of my suburb! :D

lol
that is my effort!

I love how out of the total population of Canada, the media decides to show a few amount protesting (hello Liberal media)

The worst thing is, my buddy who lives in Ottawa, said there was a group of people there supporting Bush, but yet the media never covered that.

I would have liked to have gone and show my support for the President, but I have a job, and responsibilities.

Dirty Sanchez said:
I love how out of the total population of Canada, the media decides to show a few amount protesting (hello Liberal media)

The worst thing is, my buddy who lives in Ottawa, said there was a group of people there supporting Bush, but yet the media never covered that.

I would have liked to have gone and show my support for the President, but I have a job, and responsibilities.

Well, you took the words right out of my post. :hatsoff:

They bring it into light more with Bush and protestors because the media dislikes him. Like I said before, it doesn't matter who our president is, whenever they travel anywhere they are met with protestors.

I don't think they were protestors because the media dislike Bush, the were there because THEY dislikes Bush, its not some guy on TV who would tell who's to like and dislike, I can make my own judgement...

Brino

Banned
Dirty Sanchez said:

The reason they do that is because they want ratings and they don't get ratings by showing a bunch of people supporting the president. Liberal Media my ass! :thefinger

Brino said:
The reason they do that is because they want ratings and they don't get ratings by showing a bunch of people supporting the president. Liberal Media my ass!

Sure. Keep telling yourself that. :ban:

Attention pro-Bush Americans,

What do you expect?

The ILLEGAL tarrifs on our softwood lumber exports, and the dragged out banning of our beef are just a few reasons we protest Mr. Bush. Instead of publically addressing these issues, he brought up fuckin missile defence. Now there's some serious bullshit!

Please wake up. I think Bush is a cocksucking, warmongering murderer and all that it implies. It makes no difference in our lives, who is President, who is Prime Minister. Why you people have such President worship is beyond me. Even if I was a Paul Martin supporter(our Prime Minister), I'd give a rats ass about how anyone else felt about him or how other countries citizens thought of him. He's a fucking politician. We are cattle. Half of your country is anti-Bush. What's so surprising about half of Canada being the same? I'm being very, very conservative with 'half'.

Oh and BTW, I heard a radio report about the pro-Bush rally. "About 100 people" were on hand to offer their support. Ya, they should have had 3 news trucks covering that one! :1orglaugh

Attacking "your" President is not an attack on you. Protesting "your" President has nothing to do with you. But I understand, you're either in the Republican gang or the Democrat gang and anyone who steps gets capped, right? That's how it looks to me. A bunch of really great people divided by their gang membership, unable to think properly about the big picture. How "us and them" divides America scares the shit out of me. In Canada, one's political memebership means fuck all in real life. Its the last, last thing on my mind when I meet someone. And it's the last thing on my mind when I meet an American.

Anyway, I'm finding Bush to be quite hilarious these days. I hate him but I accept that I'll be seeing his face for four years more.

Have fun America :glugglug:

Ol-Skool-Perv said:
Attention pro-Bush Americans,

What do you expect?

The ILLEGAL tarrifs on our softwood lumber exports, and the dragged out banning of our beef are just a few reasons we protest Mr. Bush. Instead of publically addressing these issues, he brought up fuckin missile defence. Now there's some serious bullshit!

Please wake up. I think Bush is a cocksucking, warmongering murderer and all that it implies. It makes no difference in our lives, who is President, who is Prime Minister. Why you people have such President worship is beyond me. Even if I was a Paul Martin supporter(our Prime Minister), I'd give a rats ass about how anyone else felt about him or how other countries citizens thought of him. He's a fucking politician. We are cattle. Half of your country is anti-Bush. What's so surprising about half of Canada being the same? I'm being very, very conservative with 'half'.

Oh and BTW, I heard a radio report about the pro-Bush rally. "About 100 people" were on hand to offer their support. Ya, they should have had 3 news trucks covering that one! :1orglaugh

Attacking "your" President is not an attack on you. Protesting "your" President has nothing to do with you. But I understand, you're either in the Republican gang or the Democrat gang and anyone who steps gets capped, right? That's how it looks to me. A bunch of really great people divided by their gang membership, unable to think properly about the big picture. How "us and them" divides America scares the shit out of me. In Canada, one's political memebership means fuck all in real life. Its the last, last thing on my mind when I meet someone. And it's the last thing on my mind when I meet an American.

Anyway, I'm finding Bush to be quite hilarious these days. I hate him but I accept that I'll be seeing his face for four years more.

Have fun America :glugglug:

Amen to that my friend !! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Cheers :glugglug:

Brino

Banned
I have a quote for you DS:

I've gotten balanced coverage, and broad coverage-all we could have asked. For heaven sakes, we kid about the 'liberal media,' but every Republican on earth does that.

That quote was from Patrick Buchanan during his 1996 presidential campaign.

Brino

Banned
Ol-Skool-Perv said:

Precisely! :hatsoff:

Ol-Skool-Perv said:
Oh and BTW, I heard a radio report about the pro-Bush rally. "About 100 people" were on hand to offer their support. Ya, they should have had 3 news trucks covering that one!

A radio report?!?!? You mean a liberal media outlet is saying this!! Well golly geez, it must be true.

Let me say this again for you dimwits. A good friend of mine lives in Ottawa. He was there. He saw first hand with his own eyes how many people were at these "rallies". The pro Bush supporters equaled the anti-Bush supporters.

So eat another dick you stupid fucks.

Brino

Banned
Dirty Sanchez said:
A radio report?!?!? You mean a liberal media outlet is saying this!! Well golly geez, it must be true.

Let me say this again for you dimwits. A good friend of mine lives in Ottawa. He was there. He saw first hand with his own eyes how many people were at these "rallies". The pro Bush supporters equaled the anti-Bush supporters.

Yeah, and were supposed to trust you and your friend. What a joke! :thefinger

McRocket

Banned
Dirty Sanchez said:

You maybe right. But you wouldn't happen to have something a little more scientific or proveable then your friend's word? (right though he may be).

That equality of approval would go against the polls, btw.

According to an Ipsos-Reid poll done earlier this year (as viewed at www.japantoday.com - of all places), more then 8 out of ten Canadians 'harbour a strong dislike for U.S. President George Bush.' And I see little reason why that number will have gone down.
So there were (according to your friend) as many people out for Bush as against him and yet over 80% of Canadians 'harbour a strong dislike' of the man? Interesting.

Last edited:
mcrocket said:
You maybe right. But you wouldn't happen to have something a little more scientific or proveable then your friend's word? (right though he may be).

That equality of approval would go against the polls, btw.

According to an Ipsos-Reid poll done earlier this year (as viewed at www.japantoday.com - of all places), more then 8 out of ten Canadians 'harbour a strong dislike for U.S. President George Bush.' And I see little reason why that number will have gone down.
So there were (according to your friend) as many people out for Bush as against him and yet over 80% of Canadians 'harbour a strong dislike' of the man? Interesting.

Maybe the Bush "friends" were americans in just visiting Ottawa that day... ;)

mcrocket said:

Didn't "polls" leading up to the recent US election show John Kerry as the eventual winner?

Nobody from Ipsos-Reid polled me, my friends, my family, or my co-workers.

Stand beside a Pepsi vending machine and I'm sure atleast 80% of the people you poll prefer Pepsi over Coke.