• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Board Rules 2020: YOUR (Our Members) Opinions and Input!

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Bumps aren't going away. You're allowed one every 24 hours. I think that's fair as it is.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
OK guys, this is your last chance to speak up. I'm hearing a lot from our moderator, and not a lot from you guys. Remember, this is in the interest of you, the users, to ensure you have the best experience we can give you. We need to finish drafting the rules so this is now or never!

Ask yourself these questions:

- Is there anything that bothers you when you're on the forum?

- Anything you wish was different?

- Is there anything you would like to see changed or adjusted?

- Is there any rules you think should NOT be changed?

Are there any proposed changes to the infractions and banning rules?

Personally my thoughts are that these rules should remain untouched and if someone is banned permanently it stands.

DrakeM

Elvis is with us
OK guys, this is your last chance to speak up. I'm hearing a lot from our moderator, and not a lot from you guys. Remember, this is in the interest of you, the users, to ensure you have the best experience we can give you. We need to finish drafting the rules so this is now or never!

Ask yourself these questions:
- Is there anything that bothers you when you're on the forum?
- Anything you wish was different?

- Is there anything you would like to see changed or adjusted?

- Is there any rules you think should NOT be changed?

Yes there are things I wish were different. I personally can't stand people that post single pics without links to where they are from over and over and over again. Frankly it insults me that somebody else thinks they can choose what I think is hot instead of sending me to a site where I can decide. It also messes up loading threads because most often these single pics are loading from slow image hosting sites. This behavior also feels like a form of post count spamming. HOWEVER, as much as it pisses me off and I wish it would stop, doing this is within the rules as they currently stand and so I should just shut up and let it happen. This is another example where rules vs. style comes into play. Would it be reasonable to include suggested (non-enforced) rules of behavior? If so, my suggestions:
  • Don't post crap. Ask yourself if someone would find this post's content hot or are you just doing it to add to your post count
  • If you know the name of the model(s), post names
  • If you have a link to where pictures/videos come from, post it
  • When posting new links in a thread that already has content from a set, quote the original post it if possible
  • Where and how to post links and model names seems to be all over the map and hard to follow in some posts. Since these are suggestions, we could suggest a style for that, I'll throw out mine as an example that seems to work well on this new board (and I know this will be very controversial):
    • Post pictures first then model names and links under them
    • If you have both a model name and a link post it in this form: model-name(s): link
    • Double-space between unique posts, post multiple related posts directly under each other using the form: more: link

Last edited:
... Post pictures first then model names and links under them
I have always hated when people post a pic and then a name, or link below it. I think the name/link should be above. Most of the time, people are posting super-large pics and you have to scroll down 3 or 4 times to get past 1 pic. Names/links in these small fonts can easily seem lost.

And, Xenforo can be temperamental. I've had several times where it posts a pic on top of text and I have to fix it.

DrakeM

Elvis is with us
I have always hated when people post a pic and then a name, or link below it. I think the name/link should be above. Most of the time, people are posting super-large pics and you have to scroll down 3 or 4 times to get past 1 pic. Names/links in these small fonts can easily seem lost.

And, Xenforo can be temperamental. I've had several times where it posts a pic on top of text and I have to fix it.
As I said, these are suggestions would be controversial. If the overwhelming opinion is on your side, I'll change (but I still think it looks wrong :unsure:).

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
It also messes up loading threads because most often these single pics are loading from slow image hosting sites. This behavior also feels like a form of post count spamming. HOWEVER, as much as it pisses me off and I wish it would stop, doing this is within the rules as they currently stand and so I should just shut up and let it happen. This is another example where rules vs. style comes into play. Would it be reasonable to include suggested (non-enforced) rules of behavior?

Agree.

• Don't post crap. Ask yourself if someone would find this post's content hot or are you just doing it to add to your post count
  • If you know the name of the model(s), post names
  • If you have a link to where pictures/videos come from, post it
  • When posting new links in a thread that already has content from a set, quote the original post it if possible
  • Where and how to post links and model names seems to be all over the map and hard to follow in some posts. Since these are suggestions, we could suggest a style for that, I'll throw out mine as an example that seems to work well on this new board (and I know this will be very controversial):
    • Post pictures first then model names and links under them
    • If you have both a model name and a link post it in this form: model-name(s): link
    • Double-space between unique posts, post multiple related posts directly under each other using the form: more: link

Agree.

DrakeM, most of the things above I'll give you credit for. The one exception is this ...
Yes there are things I wish were different. I personally can't stand people that post single pics without links to where they are from over and over and over again. Frankly it insults me that somebody else thinks they can choose what I think is hot instead of sending me to a site where I can decide.

If you are a member of an adult paysite, frankly you're not going to be using links from a site for babes, for example FoxHQ or PrimeCurves. Why? Because you've probably downloaded the entire photo gallery to an external harddrive and for me I've taken a select amount of pictures to post. Why deal with a low resolution sample picture when you can have a high resolution picture to use coming from the actual site.The exception being, some babe sites are now using sample sizes of the high definition pictures. Maybe ten, twelve, or fifteen pictures. I give them credit. In the old days, the content owner, the webmaster, or the webmistress who be sending out c & d letters right quick if any of the high quality stuff got uploaded.

The thing is that for most pictures, for me anyway is on the newer sites, is that I have to reduce the pixels. Cut the size of the picture down somewhat so that they can fit my monitor as well as here. I also can't stand a going to a thread here and finding out that the page takes over a minute or two to load because the image host is putting in the actual sizes. Some image hosts should not be allowed here. Like my already mentioned German host, abload.de. I'm finding out that I can't stand them. Because of the delays in opening thread pages. Hey, I'm old school. What's wrong with Imagebam and Pimp&Host? Seriously?

When I post, I post pictures. I'm going to be using a watermarked picture. So if the logo says "Brazzers" or "Naughty America" or "Bang Bros" you know it's from there. If I know the model's name then that always comes first. -- Except in the ID section where I have to post the picture first -- Because I just don't know the lady. I even started putting in the name of her male co-star (on the hardcore stuff.) I never did that before. But hey, like I said I'm changing. Life goes on.

Last edited:

DrakeM

Elvis is with us
Agree.

Agree.

DrakeM, most of the things above I'll give you credit for. The one exception is this ...

If you are a member of an adult paysite, frankly you're not going to be using links from a site for babes, for example FoxHQ or PrimeCurves. Why? Because you've probably downloaded the entire photo gallery to an external harddrive and for me I've taken a select amount of pictures to post. Why deal with a low resolution sample picture when you can have a high resolution picture to use coming from the actual site.The exception being, some babe sites are now using sample sizes of the high definition pictures. Maybe ten, twelve, or fifteen pictures. I give them credit. In the old days, the content owner, the webmaster, or the webmistress who be sending out c & d letters right quick if any of the high quality stuff got uploaded.

The thing is that for most pictures, for me anyway is on the newer sites, is that I have to reduce the pixels. Cut the size of the picture down somewhat so that they can fit my monitor as well as here. I also can't stand a going to a thread here and finding out that the page takes over a minute or two to load because the image host is putting in the actual sizes. Some image hosts should not be allowed here. Like my already mentioned German host, abload.de. I'm finding out that I can't stand them. Because of the delays in opening thread pages. Hey, I'm old school. What's wrong with Imagebam and Pimp&Host? Seriously?

When I post, I post pictures. I'm going to be using a watermarked picture. So if the logo says "Brazzers" or "Naughty America" or "Bang Bros" you know it's from there. If I know the model's name then that always comes first. -- Except in the ID section where I have to post the picture first -- Because I just don't know the lady. I even started putting in the name of her male co-star (on the hardcore stuff.) I never did that before. But hey, like I said I'm changing. Life goes on.
Okay, point taken. Perhaps if the images loaded quickly and didn't mess up thread navigation so badly I wouldn't be as annoyed but they don't and they do. Please please please give me an option to sort threads newest to oldest and the biggest annoyance goes away.

Okay, point taken. Perhaps if the images loaded quickly and didn't mess up thread navigation so badly I wouldn't be as annoyed but they don't and they do. Please please please give me an option to sort threads newest to oldest and the biggest annoyance goes away.
Honestly, that will make the issue worse. Most of the older threads were created when the rules forbid pics (except for the first post).

This issue is actually better now. Under vBulletin, you had the option of displaying 25 or 50 posts at a time, but Xenforo only allows 20 at a time, so that lowers the amount of pics. Of course, that will go out the window when the admins decide what the new pic limit will be, but that's progress for you.

o_O

DrakeM

Elvis is with us
Honestly, that will make the issue worse. Most of the older threads were created when the rules forbid pics (except for the first post).
Nope, it will be just fine, always was with the old board. Since 99.99% of the time, I only want to see the newest posts in a thread, I'm fine to scoll down slightly to see the first one or two marked "new" and then I don't give a damn about the rest since I've already seen them. With the newest at the top, all the old stuff below can load or not, I don't care since I don't want to see them anyway.

The fundamental difference is with my preferred sorting is that I scroll down to see old stuff past new stuff which I rarely want to do. With the current board, I have to scroll past old stuff of indeterminate length and load time to see new stuff. If I want to use "Jump to new" I have to scroll all the way to the top just to have it jump back down to the bottom where new stuff is.

luis1972

Proxima Centauri b

I agree, names first. It would be useful to reinstate the old board automatic links to the babes profile when you write her name.

luis1972

Proxima Centauri b
Does creation of new threads should be supervised by moderators?
Some members especially the newer open new threads without taking the time to use the search if there already is a one about the subject. allowed

With relation there could be the nest options, now all then are allowed.
- Pics in normal size
- Thumbs
- Links

When you use links, sometimes they could be addressing to a whole gallery or set, and we could be violating an old board rule about posting whole sets or trademarked content.

I agree, names first. It would be useful to reinstate the old board automatic links to the babes profile when you write her name.
Yeah, I miss that.
Should creation of new threads be supervised by moderators?
We don't really supervise it. Every post is subject to moderation, but as long as no rules are broken, we do nothing. Less work makes me happy. :)
Some members, especially the newer ones, make new threads without taking the time to use the search if there already is one about the subject.
Some members may be stupid and do this, but it's usually one of two problems:
  1. They don't know how to use the search.
  2. The search failed.
I've had a few cases where a search doesn't work. It was that way under vBulletin and it's the same under Xenforo. Right now, it's worse under Xenforo, but Petra has been saying, she is working on that.
When you use links, sometimes they could be addressing to a whole gallery or set, and we could be violating an old board rule about posting whole sets or trademarked content.
This is one of the things that has always pissed me off. Someone posts 5 links to 5 pics, when they could easily post 1 link to a whole gallery.

But, as for whole sets, I'm pretty sure that rule will NOT change. Someone posting a link to a whole set (usually well over 100 pics) is a liability issue. As long as the mods are doing their "due diligence" and removing these links, FreeOnes can't be seen as "allowing" digital piracy, but rather preventing it.

Prod3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
If sorting by newest isn't possible on Xenforo then tell me and I'll stop asking for it and just get used to useless scrolling on every thread I read and post in.

Yes, this is something I've asked about already too and is my biggest peeve on this board at the moment. I am going to wear my mouse scroller out if I have too keep scrolling to get to the newest post in a thread. I do wish we could see the newest post first...please! :)

I do also agree it should be 5 pictures or links per post as well (although I know I have broken this rule on occasion, but for good reason)...as you already know I don't like scrolling too much so keeping to the old rules might be a good idea

Another thing also to do with the colour theme on here; I use the Deep Seas theme as it is kind on my eyes, but I often use copy and paste quite a bit, and when I do I find the text highlight colour is really hard to see with the Deep Seas theme...any chance of changing the highlight colour to copy text with pretty please (if it is possible)? 😇

I am also looking forward to the day when a models name will linked to her Freeones page/profile too, but I know this is work in progress.

Anything else I'm happy with and can adapt to any changes...I'm mostly easygoing on here ;) :D

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I'm puzzled. I've seen this now about six times. Last in Ace's Ian Holm RIP thread. What's wrong with the word "f_a_n_t_a_s_t_i_c" - why is being asterisked out?

For example, fantastic.

Are you trying to block fantasy? No.That seems to be working. I'm at a loss as to what you're doing in trying to block here.

Help!

Last edited:

Prod3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything

DrakeM

Elvis is with us
With post edit limits (at least for me) surpassing 24 hours, should we state when to edit a post to add a link/pic vs. when to post a new reply? I still go by the rule of thumb of what date a post was created. If I'm adding something to a thread on the same calendar day I edit the post, if it is the next calendar day, I do a new reply. I don't think the new board has any automatic mechanism for enforcing this, the old board tried but it was much less of an issue due to the 10 minute time limit.

DrakeM

Elvis is with us
With post edit limits (at least for me) surpassing 24 hours, should we state when to edit a post to add a link/pic vs. when to post a new reply? I still go by the rule of thumb of what date a post was created. If I'm adding something to a thread on the same calendar day I edit the post, if it is the next calendar day, I do a new reply. I don't think the new board has any automatic mechanism for enforcing this, the old board tried but it was much less of an issue due to the 10 minute time limit.
I just realized that is July 6 today and I'm able to go back and edit posts as far back as June 15. I understand the time limit is a function of how much you post but c'mon, that's ridiculous. Anything over 3 days is excessive and I'd be happy with 48 hours as the maximum limit.

I just realized that is July 6 today and I'm able to go back and edit posts as far back as June 15. I understand the time limit is a function of how much you post but c'mon, that's ridiculous. Anything over 3 days is excessive and I'd be happy with 48 hours as the maximum limit.
The admins probably didn't realize this. For mods and admins, we can edit any post no matter how old.

I did consider there may be some issue(s) that we mods/admins may not see and I considered setting up a another account for myself as a testing platform, but I never got around to it.

This is probably a good job for Adams minion, Steve!