• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

And your team is who?

Am I missing something here, or is this just a blatantly racist statement? It seems too dumb even for Sam. I must be missing something.

No, it isn't a racist comment. I just prefer to watch white men play the game.

Remember the Pirates in the late 70s? The entire field was all black players and or some Dominicans. Would that be considered racist?

No, it isn't a racist comment. I just prefer to watch white men play the game.

Remember the Pirates in the late 70s? The entire field was all black players and or some Dominicans. Would that be considered racist?

The fact that they built a team by choosing players that they thought were best, and they happened to be Black or Dominican?

In all honesty, I have no knowledge of the sport, but your comment makes my skin crawl. Sorry if that bothers you, but the fact that you dislike watching non-Caucasian people play is deeply troubling. Do you believe you have this preference because you are fundamentally a racist person?

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Obviously, my fave sport is soccer.

And I root for the team of FC St. Pauli (Hamburg)

Here is an amateur vid of the team marching onto the field (Yeah, they use AC/DC's Hell's Bells for that, that's how we roll)

The fact that they built a team by choosing players that they thought were best, and they happened to be Black or Dominican?

In all honesty, I have no knowledge of the sport, but your comment makes my skin crawl. Sorry if that bothers you, but the fact that you dislike watching non-Caucasian people play is deeply troubling. Do you believe you have this preference because you are fundamentally a racist person?

Once a world class douche bag always a world class douche bag....

I'm relatively certain that thieves is the correct plural, Scooter.

And Harry Caray went from the Cardinals to the A's (the Cardinals fired him by the way) to the White Sox and then to the Cubs. To say the Cubs stole him from St. Louis is fucking retarded in addition to being completely erroneous. And Harry only gained national recognition after he started broadcasting for the Cubs. Fact.

Any other bright ideas you'd like to share?

Gee, I didn't know we were being graded on our spelling here. I'll try to do better next time, Mr. Kotter.

Since you played the retarded card it made me think that it was pretty retarded when the northside gang gave up Lou Brock to us for Ernie Broglio, dontcha think?. If pointing out spelling errors is all you've got in your Chicago Flubs arsenal I think maybe you oughta quit while you're ahead perhaps? Just sayin' :dunno:

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Gee, I didn't know we were being graded on our spelling here. I'll try to do better next time, Mr. Kotter.

Since you played the retarded card it made me think that it was pretty retarded when the northside gang gave up Lou Brock to us for Ernie Broglio, dontcha think?. If pointing out spelling errors is all you've got in your Chicago Flubs arsenal I think maybe you oughta quit while you're ahead perhaps? Just sayin' :dunno:

Hey, fucktard, I didn't trade Lou Brock, did I? No, I don't make any management decisions for the team. I just watch the games.

I also like how you glossed over the whole part where I disproved your little theory about the Cubs stealing Harry Caray. And as it relates to arguing with you, I'm always going to be ahead, you fucking dipshit. You, like your little fuck buddy Sam, don't have the capacity to sustain an argument, let alone make any interesting comments. So why don't you shut the fuck up and let the grown-ups play here. That would free you up to do something more suited to your intellectual capabilities, like drawing stick figures with sidewalk chalk or building houses out of Legos. Christ, does every new member here have to be a fucking moron? Dishing out verbal beat downs does eventually get quite tiresome.

Sam, I hate glory hunters, just so you know. I always believe that if you don't stick with the same team every year then you're not a real sports fan, just following the best team every year is ridiculous. You can pull whatever facts you want off the internet, if you change your allegiance every year, you can't call yourself a real fan and don't deserve any celebrations that may come the teams way. You don't know what if feels like to be a real sports fan, going through pain, is all part and parcel of being a fan. If You change every year to the team that always wins, what kind of enjoyment is that.

However, the team I support are my boyhood heroes, I always have supported them and always will do.

If we are going by Wiki articles here you go

Celtic Football Club (pronounced /ˈsɛltɪk/) (LSE: CCP) is a Scottish football club based in Parkhead, Glasgow, which plays in the Scottish Premier League. The club was established in 1887, and played its first game in 1888. Celtic have won the Scottish League Championship on 43 occasions, most recently in the 2011–12 season, the Scottish Cup 35 times and the Scottish League Cup 14 times. Celtic's home stadium is Celtic Park, the biggest football stadium in Scotland, with a capacity of 60,832.

After reaching the 1967 European Cup Final, Celtic became the first British team, and only Scottish team, to win the European Cup: the players, subsequently became known as the Lisbon Lions. Celtic won every competition they entered that season: the Scottish League Championship, the Scottish Cup, the Scottish League Cup, the European Cup and the Glasgow Cup. Celtic also reached the 1970 European Cup Final, but were beaten by Feyenoord. In 2003, Celtic reached the UEFA Cup Final, where they lost 3–2 to Porto.

Celtic have a fierce rivalry with their cross-city opponents Rangers; the two are collectively known as the Old Firm.

Celtic Football Club was formally constituted at a meeting in St. Mary's church hall in East Rose Street (now Forbes Street), Calton, Glasgow, by Irish Marist Brother Walfrid[6] on 6 November 1887, with the purpose of alleviating poverty in the East End of Glasgow by raising money for the charity Walfrid had instituted, the Poor Children's Dinner Table. Walfrid's move to establish the club as a means of fund-raising was largely inspired by the example of Hibernian who were formed out of the immigrant Irish population a few years earlier in Edinburgh. Walfrid's own suggestion of the name 'Celtic' (pronounced Seltik), was intended to reflect the club's Irish and Scottish roots, and was adopted at the same meeting. The club has the official nickname, "The Bhoys". However, according to the Celtic press office, the newly established club was known to many as "the bold boys". A postcard from the early 20th century that pictured the team, and read "The Bould Bhoys", is the first known example of the unique spelling. The extra 'h' imitates the spelling system of Gaelic, where the letter B is often accompanied by the letter H.
Brother Walfrid, founder of Celtic FC

Celtic's first kit consisted of a white shirt with a green collar, black shorts, and [[|Emerald (color)|emerald green]] socks. The original club crest was a simple green cross on a red oval background.

In 1889 Celtic reached the final of the Scottish Cup, this was their first season in the competition, but lost 2-1 in the final. Celtic again reached the final of the Scottish Cup in 1892, but this time were victorious after defeating Queen's Park 5-2 in the final. Several months later the club moved to its new ground, Celtic Park, and in the following season won the Scottish League Championship for the first ever time.[8] In 1895, Celtic set the League record for the highest home score when they beat Dundee 11-0.
In 1897 the club became a Private limited company and Willie Maley was appointed as the first 'secretary-manager'. Between 1905 and 1910, Celtic won the Scottish League Championship six times in a row.[8] In both 1907 and 1908 Celtic also won the Scottish Cup, this was the first time a Scottish club had ever won the Double.[8] During World War I, Celtic won the league four times in a row.[8]

Ex-player and captain Jimmy McGrory took over in 1945. Under McGrory, Celtic defeated Arsenal, Manchester United and Hibernian to win the Coronation Cup, a one-off tournament held in May 1953 to commemorate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.

On 19 October 1957, Celtic trounced Rangers a record 7–1 in the final of the Scottish League Cup at Hampden Park in Glasgow, retaining the trophy they had won for only the first time the previous year. The scoreline remains a record win in a British domestic cup final.

Former Celtic captain Jock Stein succeeded McGrory in 1965. Stein guided Celtic to nine straight Scottish League wins from 1966 to 1974, establishing a world record which was not equalled until 1997.

1967 was Celtic's annus mirabilis. The club won every competition they entered: the Scottish League, the Scottish Cup, the Scottish League Cup, the Glasgow Cup, and the European Cup. Under the leadership of Stein, the club defeated Internazionale 2–1 at the Estádio Nacional in Lisbon, on 25 May 1967. Celtic thus became the first British team, and the first from outside Spain, Portugal and Italy to win the competition. They remain the only Scottish team to have reached the final. The players that day subsequently became known as the 'Lisbon Lions'. Jimmy Johnstone, Bobby Lennox and Bobby Murdoch formed part of that famous team, and now rank among the greatest ever Celtic players. The following year Celtic lost to Racing Club of Argentina in the Intercontinental Cup.

Celtic reached the European Cup Final again in 1970, but were beaten 2–1 by Feyenoord at the San Siro in Milan.

Despite further domestic success in the 1980s, the Bank of Scotland informed Celtic that it was calling in the receivers on 3 March 1994 as a result of the club exceeding a £5 million overdraft. However, expatriate businessman Fergus McCann wrested control of the club, and ousted the family dynasties which had controlled Celtic since its foundation. According to media reports, McCann took over the club minutes before it was to be declared bankrupt.[10] McCann reconstituted the club business as a public limited company - Celtic PLC - and oversaw the redevelopment of Celtic Park into a 60,832 all-seater stadium. In 1998, under Dutchman Wim Jansen Celtic won the title again and prevented Rangers from beating Celtic's 9-in-a-row record.[11]

Martin O'Neill, a former European Cup winner with Nottingham Forest, took charge of the club in June 2000.[12] Under his leadership, Celtic won three SPL championships out of five[13] and in his first season in charge, the club also won the domestic treble,[14] making O'Neill only the second Celtic manager to do so after Jock Stein.[15]

In 2003, around 80,000 Celtic fans travelled to watch the club compete in the UEFA Cup Final in Seville.[16][17] Celtic lost 3–2 to FC Porto after extra time, despite two goals from Henrik Larsson during normal time.[18] The exemplary conduct of the thousands of travelling Celtic supporters received widespread praise from the people of Seville (not one supporter was arrested) and the fans were awarded prestigious Fair Play Awards from both FIFA and UEFA "for their extraordinarily loyal and sporting behaviour".[3][4]

Gordon Strachan was announced as O'Neill's replacement in June 2005 and after winning the SPL title in his first year in charge, he became only the third Celtic manager to win three titles in a row. He also guided Celtic to their first UEFA Champions League knockout stage in 2006-07[20] and repeated the feat in 2007-08[21] before departing the club in May 2009, after failing to win the SPL title. Tony Mowbray took charge of the club in June 2009,[23] and he was succeeded a year later by Neil Lennon. In November 2010, Celtic set a Scottish Premier League record for the biggest win in SPL history defeating Aberdeen 9-0 at Celtic Park.[25]
Supporters
Main article: Celtic F.C. supporters

In 2003 Celtic were estimated to have a fan base of nine million people, including one million in the USA and Canada.[58] There are over 160 Celtic Supporters Clubs in over 20 countries around the world.[59] In 2009 marketing agency, Sports Revolution estimated that there were 7 million Celtic fans in Japan, mainly due to the influence of Shunsuke Nakamura.[60]

In 2003, an estimated 80,000 Celtic supporters, many without match tickets, travelled to Seville in Spain for the UEFA Cup Final,[3][4][5] The club's fans subsequently received awards from UEFA and FIFA for their behaviour at the match.[3][4][16][17]

In the 2010–11 season, Celtic had the highest average home attendance of any Scottish club.[61] They also had the 12th highest average attendance out of all the football clubs in Europe.

Old Firm rivalry
Celtic's traditional rivals are Rangers; collectively, the two clubs are known as the Old Firm. The two have dominated Scottish football's history; between them, they have won the Scottish league championship 96 times since its inception in 1890 – all other clubs combined have won 19 championships. The two clubs are also by far the most supported in Scotland, with Celtic having the third highest home attendance in the UK.[62] Celtic have a historic association with the people of Ireland and Scots of Irish descent, who are both mainly Roman Catholic. Traditionally fans of rivals Rangers came from Scottish or Northern Ireland Protestant backgrounds and support British Unionism.

The clubs have attracted the support of opposing factions in the political difficulties of Northern Ireland, which intensified the rivalry in Scotland.[63] Anti-sectarian charity Nil by Mouth notes that some supporters use songs, chants and banners on match days to express abuse or support towards the Protestant or Catholic faiths and proclaim support for Northern Irish based paramilitary groups such as the IRA and UVF.[64] A study in 2008 by the University of Strathclyde found that the Old Firm rivalry was "strongly linked to the conflict in Northern Ireland".[63]

There have been nearly 400 Old Firm matches played as of 2011. The games have been described as having an "atmosphere of hatred, religious tension and intimidation which continues to lead to violence in communities across Scotland."[64] The rivalry has fuelled many assaults and even deaths on Old Firm Derby days. Admissions to hospital emergency rooms have been reported to increase ninefold over normal levels[65] and journalist Franklin Foer noted that in the period from 1996 to 2003, eight deaths in Glasgow were directly linked to Old Firm matches, and hundreds of assaults.[65][66] Rangers fans' singing of the Famine song has also caused controversy.[67][68][69][70]

Obviously, my fave sport is soccer.

And I root for the team of FC St. Pauli (Hamburg)

Here is an amateur vid of the team marching onto the field (Yeah, they use AC/DC's Hell's Bells for that, that's how we roll)

I went to see a St Pauli game when I was in Germany, due to the affiliation between Celtic and St Pauli. The atmosphere was incredible, ans the fans were amazing

Hey, fucktard, I didn't trade Lou Brock, did I? No, I don't make any management decisions for the team. I just watch the games.

I also like how you glossed over the whole part where I disproved your little theory about the Cubs stealing Harry Caray. And as it relates to arguing with you, I'm always going to be ahead, you fucking dipshit. You, like your little fuck buddy Sam, don't have the capacity to sustain an argument, let alone make any interesting comments. So why don't you shut the fuck up and let the grown-ups play here. That would free you up to do something more suited to your intellectual capabilities, like drawing stick figures with sidewalk chalk or building houses out of Legos. Christ, does every new member here have to be a fucking moron?

Ha ha I just love you keyboard badasses. What a tough guy you are! Considering you are a Drub fan and would therefore qualify as damaged goods, I'll give you a pass, bubba. I'd be blowing off steam too if my loser of a baseball team was already in last place.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
that's ok, My Teams: Houston Astros, Rockets, and the Texans. The Astros and Texans haven't won shit either, but they still my team. I also follow Real Madrid, and Inter Milan

We're in the same boat, for my teams are the Canucks, Raptors, Blue Jays and Dolphins.

Team Futility!

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Ha ha I just love you keyboard badasses. What a tough guy you are! Considering you are a Drub fan and would therefore qualify as damaged goods, I'll give you a pass, bubba. I'd be blowing off steam too if my loser of a baseball team was already in last place.

Oh, the Sam Fisher defense. :facepalm: How original. I can't refute any of your arguments or create an intelligent thought of my own so I'll insult your favorite baseball team instead. That's a little played out, but it's still fun to relive the classics occasionally.

I'm still not sure of the intended result of this argument. I've watched the Cubs lose my entire life. Their futility is not a source of anger or hostility for me. Pointing out their flaws or continued lack of success does not bother me.

I forgot to mention I will probably now be following the 49'ers. I will then find the right basketball team and then perhaps a baseball team and hockey team

Sam, I hate glory hunters, just so you know. I always believe that if you don't stick with the same team every year then you're not a real sports fan, just following the best team every year is ridiculous. You can pull whatever facts you want off the internet, if you change your allegiance every year, you can't call yourself a real fan and don't deserve any celebrations that may come the teams way. You don't know what if feels like to be a real sports fan, going through pain, is all part and parcel of being a fan. If You change every year to the team that always wins, what kind of enjoyment is that.

First of all, you don't know me. Second... I have a daughter that's older than you by one year. So, don't lecture me on team loyalty. I was rooting for the Broncos before you were ever born. Yeah, that's right... 1968, when they were the laughing stock of football. Stayed with 'em all the way up until a month ago.

Baseball: St. Louis Cardinals. Followed them all my life.
Football: St. Louis Cardinals. Followed them all my life, until they moved to Phoenix.
Hockey: St; Louis Blues. Been following them since 1967/68.
Football: Denver Broncos. Since 1968
Hockey: Colorado Rockies. Followed them when they started, and stopped when they moved to New Jersey.
Hockey: Colorado Avalanche. Followed them from the beginning.
Baseball: Colorado Rockies. Had season tickets for the first three years of the franchise. Still follow them.

Change my allegiance? Pffft. And, I have NEVER changed teams every year to the "winning" team. I'm just super pissed and very disappointed with the Broncos. I could give a rat's ass what the Jets do this year. My only "allegiance" to them this year is hoping that Tebow has a great year and continues to improve.

I've never been a fair-weather fan. And, I've NEVER jumped on a bandwagon for other teams who have suddenly "won".

Football: St. Louis Cardinals. Followed them all my life, until they moved to Phoenix.
This is one thing I will never understand about US sports : how can a team just move from one city to another. Off course, I totally understand how you, Sam, can stop cheering the Cardinals when they moved but I can't understand how can guys from Phoenix start to cheer for a team they didn't care about last year, just because they move to Phoenix ?! Do they ?
In Europe, this is impossible, teams just can break-up wit their cities. Machester United will NEVER become London United, Birmingham United or whatever...
This (and the simple concept of closed league, without promotions and relegations each year) is why I much prefer the european club system to the US franchise system

Oh, the Sam Fisher defense. :facepalm: How original. I can't refute any of your arguments or create an intelligent thought of my own so I'll insult your favorite baseball team instead. That's a little played out, but it's still fun to relive the classics occasionally.

I'm still not sure of the intended result of this argument. I've watched the Cubs lose my entire life. Their futility is not a source of anger or hostility for me. Pointing out their flaws or continued lack of success does not bother me.

I have no idea what a "Sam Fisher defense" is supposed to be (sounds like a chess move :1orglaugh) but all I know is that you seem to think that you are some sort of debate genius compared to the rest of us "fucking morons" and the first time you responded to one of my posts it was full of insults, namecalling and f-bombs so it seems to me that you're the one who can't refute things intelligently.

Whatever dude. Glad to hear you take the Drubs losing as a given in your life. Smartest thing you've posted in the whole thread. Thanks for the bad rep.

I have no idea what a "Sam Fisher defense" is supposed to be (sounds like a chess move :1orglaugh) but all I know is that you seem to think that you are some sort of debate genius compared to the rest of us "fucking morons" and the first time you responded to one of my posts it was full of insults, namecalling and f-bombs so it seems to me that you're the one who can't refute things intelligently.

Whatever dude. Glad to hear you take the Drubs losing as a given in your life. Smartest thing you've posted in the whole thread. Thanks for the bad rep.

You should probably move on. You're beat in this instance.

:2 cents:

First of all, you don't know me. Second... I have a daughter that's older than you by one year. So, don't lecture me on team loyalty. I was rooting for the Broncos before you were ever born. Yeah, that's right... 1968, when they were the laughing stock of football. Stayed with 'em all the way up until a month ago.

Baseball: St. Louis Cardinals. Followed them all my life.
Hockey: St; Louis Blues. Been following them since 1967/68.
Football: Denver Broncos. Since 1968
Hockey: Colorado Rockies. Followed them when they started, and stopped when they moved to New Jersey.
Hockey: Colorado Avalanche. Followed them from the beginning.
Baseball: Colorado Rockies. Had season tickets for the first three years of the franchise. Still follow them.

Change my allegiance? Pffft. And, I have NEVER changed teams every year to the "winning" team. I'm just super pissed and very disappointed with the Broncos. I could give a rat's ass what the Jets do this year. My only "allegiance" to them this year is hoping that Tebow has a great year and continues to improve.

I've never been a fair-weather fan. And, I've NEVER jumped on a bandwagon for other teams who have suddenly "won".

Really? First of all I don't get why you posted the part about you're daughter, was that needed?. You seem to mention you're age a lot, like it gives you some kind of wisdom over other members

Now in fairness I ignore the vast majoruty of what you post, as I've never heard so much drivel in my life. I can't tell if you are a gloryhunter/bandwagon fan or not, but if members such as the ones below think you are. Then, without having read into it, I would estimate that you are

As I say, I am going to listen to the views of these members, before I listen to your's
Bandwagon fans ftw

I can't wait to revisit this post in January. Enjoy another ride on the bandwagon. I know how fond of them you are.

:1orglaugh

. I look forward to watching you switch teams (as you did with the Broncos) this year once the playoffs roll around.

:hatsoff:

You should probably move on. You're beat in this instance.

:2 cents:

I don't know who you are sir other than to see you have a shitload of posts here so I guess you are some sort of high llama here or something. Are you the official referee of this site? I'm "beat"? By this guy? In what fashion?

Please elaborate. Was really ready to move on anyway but now you have my curiosity up. Serious questions by the way and no disrespect intended. Sorry if I'm making noob mistakes but just trying to figure out the power structure here. Weird board but sort of interesting. The Scrub fan guy was easy to push over the edge for obvious reasons so I won't take him as typical. Or should I? Please advise oh wise one.