• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2016 Olympics

georges

Staff member
And not to add fuel to the fire but Daddy O was the former Illinois senator, see how shitty Chicago went during the time he was a senator.

And not to add fuel to the fire but Daddy O was the former Illinois senator, see how shitty Chicago went during the time he was a senator.

Yeah....you never know. I'm sure Chicago could have done much worse if he was in a position to actually affect the city's policies like a mayor or city councilman (or alderman or whatever they call it).:rolleyes:

Congrats Brazil - Rio de Janeiro 2016!!!!!. :glugglug::nanner:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I think that Rio is a great choice but for Chicago to be rejected so soundly? It's anti-Americanism plain and simple. One German voter on the IOC said he had already made up his mind against Chicago before he even heard their presentation.

Not seeming to taste sour grapes here but the IOC is an elitist, Eurocentric and corrupt organization. Lots of anti-American sentiment in the world these days....a lot of it justifiable I am afraid even though the USA contributes more money to the cause than any other nation (like almost everything).

That said....congrats to Rio! It will be a great place for the games and it's high-time that South America got a chance to host them. Good job, Brazil!! :thumbsup:

I think that Rio is a great choice but for Chicago to be rejected so soundly? It's anti-Americanism plain and simple. One German voter on the IOC said he had already made up his mind against Chicago before he even heard their presentation.

Not seeming to taste sour grapes here but the IOC is an elitist, Eurocentric and corrupt organization. Lots of anti-American sentiment in the world these days....a lot of it justifiable I am afraid even though the USA contributes more money to the cause than any other nation (like almost everything).

That said....congrats to Rio! It will be a great place for the games and it's high-time that South America got a chance to host them. Good job, Brazil!! :thumbsup:

I agree there may be a little push back on the US in this but I take from this...there could only be one winner and Rio won it with a more persuasive case than did any other city lost it.

People criticize Obama for making his pitch....and I believe his pitch did have a negative effect. Only in the Johnny-come-lately sense though. No prominent figure at least not high level individual pitched for Chicago until nearly the last minute.

So while people like Lula da Silva had been lobbying for Rio for quite some time...here come the US heavyweights giving the appearance that they wanted to flare up and steal the show at the last minute. I can understand why that would miff the IOC.

Oh well....just one of those things and I concur....congrats to Rio!!!

Being a Chicagoan,all I can say is that I'm so fucking glad that the Olympics ain't comin' here.I don't think that people really understand how much of a hassle it would have been.There are way too many bullshit under-the-table deals that go on in this city that it would have been totally out of control if we would have gotten it.It would have made the "Licenses For Bribes" scandal look like nothing.

As for the "anti-American" sentiment,I don't really buy that.There was beef between the IOC and the USOC over TV rights,or some bullshit like that,coupled with the shady goings ons of the Salt Lake City Winter Games that the committee said "fuck you" to Chicago,and truthfully,I don't really blame them.

I don't think that they hate the U.S.,they are just still pissed.Besides,people wouldn't even be saying that they are anti-American if they weren't eliminated in the first round of voting.

Congratulations Rio.
Some totemic words to remind us why America is rancid: Iraq, Abu Graib, Afghanistan, Bagram, rendition, George W Bush, Dick Chaney, Karl Rove, Fox News, Guantanamo Bay, CIA, drones at weddings and funerals, guns, assassinations, crazy psychopathic war-mongering evangelical christianity, Republican Party, Sarah Palin, Zionism, Israel, Iran baiting, mass murder and destruction, corrupt dysfunctional expensive wasteful health care that doesn't, Wall Street, deregulation, one percent hold the wealth, thirty percent live in poverty, the war on drugs, death penalty, immigration policy, corrupt unrepresentative swill in Congress, military-industrial complex, F-22 Raptor ... The list goes on but I have made my point. The USA suffers from the moral decay that occurs when empires run out of real enemies to fight. "Yankee go home". Attend to the moat in thine eye. The world voted Chicago fourth out of four. Quel surprise.

There has been corruption in the IOC for decades now. They left making decisions for the betterment and the integrity of the games behind long ago in the pursuit of money.

I can just see the GOP attack ad in 2012..."HE COULDN'T DELIVER YOU THE OLYMPICS! HE EMBARRASSED A NATION....":sleep:

I watched on Rachel Maddow all the footage of republican organizations celebrating Chicago's loss today. Nice patriotism there GOP...:thefinger Fucking aholes.

Chicago or Rio? What would you guys choose? A bunch guys walking around burping up Italian beef sandwich fumes or beaches with hot women walking around almost naked? Tough choice:yinyang:

Obama fucked up again! We need to impeach NOW!

But really I'm glad that it's not being held here. Wouldn't want all that foriegn riffraff here anyway.

jusnelldem

Closed Account
I love Brazilian women absolutely love them, as I'm sure most guys do.
and though I'm a native Chicagoan, I am willing to travel to Brazil for the Olympics (already planning on going anyway, now I have an excuse).
I have to be careful to avoid a Ronaldo situation though.

girk1

Closed Account
For starters:

- Crooked government in Chicago that includes all of Cook County as well.
- Economic debts.
- Violent crimes.
- Oprah Winfrey.

Chicago is like a trip to Disney World compared to Rio. There were 5700(Five ThOUSAND seven Hundred) murders last year in the City of Rio alone:eek: There were about 500 in Chicago(still too may).

I Shouldn't either bother speaking of the economic situation of Rio with Millions in 'shanty towns' of sorts(Favelas).

The gangs have access to rocket grenade launchers & other Military weaponry stolen from Brazilian Military bases.
Saw a documetary once were an Interstate highway had to be temporarily closed as rival gangs were shooting across the Interstate from one Favela to another. Some were even shooting military Tracer rounds that could be easily seen at night.

That being said I am extremely happy Rio got the Olympics & I believe the military shall be able to keep the participants safe. Security costs alone will be massive.