• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2005-2006 FOOTBALL Season Official Thread

I think United will beat Chelsea. However I can't see Chelsea losing all 3 remaining games. Just glad it hasn't been a procession.

On a sadder note it looks like Alan Shearer's career has come to a premature end with his injury picked up against Sunderland. At least he can say he went out scoring in his last game against the local rivals after winning 4-1.

yeah it's a shame about Alan Shearer, such a great play but unfortunately not nearly enough silverware.
Premiership with Blackburn, that's it isn't it?

He had his choice to win trophies with Man United or play for Newcastle. I understand the lure of his hometown club who he supproted was to good for him to turn down but surely he could have went to United for a couple of seasons just so he could get a bit more silverware.

On a different note I hope Pompey go down and Birmingham stay up. Like less of the Pompey players and don't like Harry Redknapp at all despite him being a good manager.

F.A. Premiership - Result

Arsenal 1 - 1 Tottenham
Henry...........Keane

This keeps Spurs 4 points in front of the Gunners for the final CL place. But have played a match more, as they only have 2 left to play and the Gunners 3 left.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
FA Cup Semi-final Latest
Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

Damn! Come on Liverpool!!!!

Well done the Blues !...

Carlisle Utd !

and yah-boo to the other blues......Chelski, of course

Oh poor Chelsea no double, I'm heart broken (NOT):D :1orglaugh :rofl: :laugh: :rofl2:

F.A. Cup Semi-Final Result

Chelsea 1 - 2 Liverpool

Re: 2005-2006 Soccer Season Official Thread

Baal said:
Chelsea lost...im surprised!!!!

It's like I've been saying all season. They have some great players, but can't play as a team. If the other side attacks them, they haven't got a clue and thats just what Liverpool did for the first 60mins. We was holding on a bit at the end though as legs tired and a couple of injuries we couldn't take off. But was so nice to see Jose's face at the end :1orglaugh He really had the sulks on and didn't even shake Rafa's hand at the end of the game!

poggy1 said:
It's like I've been saying all season. They have some great players, but can't play as a team. If the other side attacks them, they haven't got a clue and thats just what Liverpool did for the first 60mins. We was holding on a bit at the end though as legs tired and a couple of injuries we couldn't take off. But was so nice to see Jose's face at the end :1orglaugh He really had the sulks on and didn't even shake Rafa's hand at the end of the game!

Wow...Crazy....

Portsmith and Sunderland are now tied! Its a lively game ...I live in the states so I dont know if its live...

Baal said:
Wow...Crazy....

Portsmith and Sunderland are now tied! Its a lively game ...I live in the states so I dont know if its live...

It's not, thats from this afternoon and it 10pm here.

Man, i've just watched the highlights of the Liverpool / Chelsea game, and what I saw was certainly not indicative of the scoreline. Liverpool played actually as a team, and ran rings round chelsea. Their style reminds me of Arsenal in Europe, as they're a very quick, passing team - Arsenal have been winning in Europe as they're probably the only team in the Champions League who don't rely on the long ball method of scoring, and I saw that in Liverpool today. On a related note, all you Scots should be aware it's Celtic / Rangers tomorrow. rumble in the jungle, and it will probably decide whether Rangers or Hearts will go into the Champions League. 12pm, be there, Setanta TV!

yeah, Liverpool were without a doubt the better team, but Jose is still saying "the better team didn't win"... what a sore loser.

i was actually supporting Liverpool last night and i have my reasons.
ok lets look at the 4 main teams in England
Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man Utd

Arsenal 2004-2005 season
FA Cup Winners
Arsenal 2005-2006 season
nothing (assuming that Barca will win the CL)
worse season than last year

Chelsea 2004-2005 season
Premiership Winners
Carling Cup Winners
Chelsea 2005-2006 season
Premiership Winners (almost certain)
worse season that last year

Liverpool 2004-2005 season
Champions League Winners
Liverpool 2005-2006 season
FA Cup Winners or nothing
worse season that last year, lets face it the CL is bigger than the FA Cup

Man Utd 2004-2005 season
nothing
Man Utd 2005-2006
Premiership Winners (very unlikely)
Carling Cup Winners
better season than last year

so basically, Man Utd will be the only team to improve from last season as all the other major teams have been worse.

i'm such a bitter red.

So far, tis 0-0 with the old firm game (20 mins left) - not really exciting - chris boyd for rangers missed an absolute sitter, and celtic are currently pounding the rangers goal.

stek1983 said:
yeah, Liverpool were without a doubt the better team, but Jose is still saying "the better team didn't win"... what a sore loser.

i was actually supporting Liverpool last night and i have my reasons.
ok lets look at the 4 main teams in England
Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man Utd

Arsenal 2004-2005 season
FA Cup Winners
Arsenal 2005-2006 season
nothing (assuming that Barca will win the CL)
worse season than last year

Chelsea 2004-2005 season
Premiership Winners
Carling Cup Winners
Chelsea 2005-2006 season
Premiership Winners (almost certain)
worse season that last year

Liverpool 2004-2005 season
Champions League Winners
Liverpool 2005-2006 season
FA Cup Winners or nothing
worse season that last year, lets face it the CL is bigger than the FA Cup

Man Utd 2004-2005 season
nothing
Man Utd 2005-2006
Premiership Winners (very unlikely)
Carling Cup Winners
better season than last year

so basically, Man Utd will be the only team to improve from last season as all the other major teams have been worse.

i'm such a bitter red.

What you didn't take into account with Liverpool though Stek is this. Premiership finish, last year 5th, this year 3rd at worst and 24 points better off than last year with 3 matches still to play. So how can you say thats worse than last year:confused:

Old Firm game was crap. Rangers will still finish second as they will beat Killie next week, Hibs the Tuesday after that then beat Hearts on the last day of the season, where as Hearts will lose against Celtic next week draw with Aberdeen and be beat by Rangers.

There was an ex-ref on the radio saying that ref's are told not to book players in the old firm game early in the match. That must be the reason Mcmanus didn't get booked for a shocking tackle after only 90 secs, which would have meant he was sent off later. And as a knock on effect he now wont be suspended for the game with Hearts next week.