• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2005-2006 FOOTBALL Season Official Thread

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Last edited:
Arsenal's season certainly hasn't been bad - semi finals of Europe? Damn. Let's see Mourinho's boys match that.

regmcfly said:
Arsenal's season certainly hasn't been bad - semi finals of Europe? Damn. Let's see Mourinho's boys match that.

Hmmm...depends how you look at it, yes great to say their in Semi's of CL. But if they don't win it they don't look like been in it next year, as forth place is going to be hard to get now. If they do I will be interested to see if they have to start in the first qualifer like we did this year. But IMO the Premiership is more important the the CL anyway. As Shankley always said the league is the most important one and thats the one we want:thumbsup:

But I hope Arsenal do win the CL league, be nice to give our title to another English club. But I still think Barca's going to win as when the competion started. But as for Chelsea, how do you think Mourinho's going to feel going out the F.A. Cup to us in the semi's:D

Man Utd 0-0 Sunderland

Man U's title hopes dented, Sunderland earn a stay of execution to the Championship. New Premiership attendance record; 72519.

Sunderland are officially down now. Only 15 points to play for, they can only reach a total of 27, which means not only are they relagated they are last in the league.

Serves Fergie and United right for not going with Saha on the bench.

jumbo_jim said:
Sunderland are officially down now. Only 15 points to play for, they can only reach a total of 27, which means not only are they relagated they are last in the league.

Serves Fergie and United right for not going with Saha on the bench.

They also need another 8 points to stop them going down with the lowest points total in the premiership. They already own this record from the 02/03 season with 19 points.

om3ga

Aston Villa 3-1 Birmingham

Two goals from Milan Baros and a breathtaking strike from Gary Cahill earned Aston Villa victory over troubled rivals Birmingham.

SKY-TV are a bit sadistic though, focusing their cameras on the Brum fans after the match is over....

Full-Time

Blackburn Rovers 0 - 1 Liverpool
Fowler

Liverpool will finish 3rd at worst now with this result. But still a very slim Chance of finishing 2nd if Manchester United slip up. Can't see it though myself.

Lyon is finishing in the first place of the french championship for the fifth time in a row :)

9inch said:
Lyon is finishing in the first place of the french championship for the fifth time in a row :)

Yeah they seem to have that league pretty much tied up at the moment don't they 9inch. Congrats to them!

om3ga

Mon Apr 17 2006
Barclays Premiership

Tottenham 0 - 1 Man Utd (Latest)
Goal by Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)

:D

What a game it has been. could easily be 2-2 at the moment. Hope United beat spurs but only cause Chelsea versus United will be the official title decider despite the league being realistically over already.

om3ga

jumbo_jim said:
What a game it has been. could easily be 2-2 at the moment. Hope United beat spurs but only cause Chelsea versus United will be the official title decider despite the league being realistically over already.

Tottenham 0 - 2 Man Utd
Goal by Wayne Rooney (Man Utd) AGAIN!!!

:D :D

Half Time with United 2 up. Rooney better not complete his Hat-trick as I was so close to betting him to do exactly that. 50-1 was the price in William Hill's window. Decided just to put on a coupon instead.

om3ga

Oh bugger!

Tottenham 1 - 2 Man Utd
Goal by J Jenas (spuds)

:(

PS:

Spurs' King could miss World Cup

Tottenham and England defender Ledley King will miss the rest of the season and is a major doubt for the World Cup after fracturing a bone in his foot (apparently it's the 4th Metatarsal).

Last edited:
from sky sports -
Manchester United delayed Chelsea's coronation as Premiership champions for over a week after a scrappy 2-1 victory over Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane.

Wayne Rooney's first half brace did the damage in North London, with Spurs having only a Jermaine Jenas goal to show for a display which warranted a point.

The result means Chelsea will have to wait at least until a week on Saturday to be confirmed as champions when United travel to Stamford Bridge.

The longer chelsea wait, the happier I am.