• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Young leaving Longhorns for NFL

Just days after leading the Texas Longhorns to a national championship, quarterback Vince Young declares himself eligible for the NFL draft.... He going for the MONEY....It would more money if he stay another year..but money talks and he is walking

He deserves it big time, he should go at the 1st pick, just cuz he's from Houston and if they get him, they can get alot of merchandise and they can trade i think Carr , for some draft picks or a WR or a o-lineman.

Michelle_Akemi said:
He deserves it big time, he should go at the 1st pick, just cuz he's from Houston and if they get him, they can get alot of merchandise and they can trade i think Carr , for some draft picks or a WR or a o-lineman.

Texans said today they are taking Reggie Bush anyway. Either way Texans fans gotta be pumped about whoever they get with this draft. Its loaded at the top.

Young will probably go 3rd behind leinart to Tennessee. He'll be lucky to stay out of New Orleans.

McRocket

Banned
As great as Bush is; I wouldn't spend a No. 1 overall on the guy. He seems like a fast tweener to me. He's got a thinnish frame(6', 200 lbs.) for a running back. Seems more like a small wide receiver/ I back/kick returner to me.
And surely teams like Denver and Pittsburgh have proven that a great system and good/great line makes great running backs - usually. Never waste a No. 1 overall on a skiny running back/ I back guy. Never.

At least that is what I think.

And as for Young? Good for him. Grab the cash. Like if he blows his knee out bad next year at Texas is he still going to get what he would have made now? I highly doubt it.
He helped them win a national championship and made them millions of dollars. He owes them absolutely nothing imo.

Im not sure if Vince Young is going to enter the draft or not. Matt Leinart screwed up by not entering the draft last year. Instead of being a first round overall pick, this year he is now a possible 3rd round pick. Bad for Leinart. So if I was Vince Young, I would probly enter the draft. Who knows, maybe next year some other Junior will work their way up and become a 1st round overall like Vince Young did.

I hope he goes to the titans....

I think N.O. will get that Offensive tackle everyone's been talkin about...

i also hop matt lienhart drops to Green Bay... perfect fit

A87 said:
Im not sure if Vince Young is going to enter the draft or not. Matt Leinart screwed up by not entering the draft last year. Instead of being a first round overall pick, this year he is now a possible 3rd round pick. Bad for Leinart. So if I was Vince Young, I would probly enter the draft. Who knows, maybe next year some other Junior will work their way up and become a 1st round overall like Vince Young did.

Yes, but at least he got another year where he could have fun, and play on a good team where he would win instead of going somewhere like San Francisco. That might be worth an extra year out of the pros.

Big fucking shock here!!! Better to get out and get the money before people realize you ain’t shit.

This is what cracks me up about the NFL & the NBA. In hockey and baseball, there is a set age you are eligible to be drafted at. Once you’re drafted, you can still play your sport at an amateur level.

Take hockey for example. Sidney Crosby was the top pick. He was good enough to leave Junior, and turn pro this year. But, the two guys taken behind him (Bobby Ryan & Jack Johnson) weren’t. Both players went back to their respective amateur teams (Ryan in Owen Sound, Johnson to Michigan) where they can continue to develop.

Now take the NFL. Because of one good year, Vince Young’s stock has risen. So, of course, he leaves college, because what’s an education good for anyway. Now, some team has to take a chance on him a year before they should. Plus, instead of drafting him this year, and letting him play another year of college to develop a little more, they have to sign him to a huge deal, and go through the pains of trying to develop him in 16 game regular season.

Amazingly, as I sit here watching the highlights of the NFL playoffs, I see that no team with a QB, who plays like Vince Young, is still alive this season. Yet, the QB who has won back to back Superbowls, as well as 3 in 4 years, wasn’t even drafted in the first round.

Go ahead boys, make the same mistake Atlanta made.

Dirty Sanchez said:
Big fucking shock here!!! Better to get out and get the money before people realize you ain’t shit.

This is what cracks me up about the NFL & the NBA. In hockey and baseball, there is a set age you are eligible to be drafted at. Once you’re drafted, you can still play your sport at an amateur level.

Take hockey for example. Sidney Crosby was the top pick. He was good enough to leave Junior, and turn pro this year. But, the two guys taken behind him (Bobby Ryan & Jack Johnson) weren’t. Both players went back to their respective amateur teams (Ryan in Owen Sound, Johnson to Michigan) where they can continue to develop.

Now take the NFL. Because of one good year, Vince Young’s stock has risen. So, of course, he leaves college, because what’s an education good for anyway. Now, some team has to take a chance on him a year before they should. Plus, instead of drafting him this year, and letting him play another year of college to develop a little more, they have to sign him to a huge deal, and go through the pains of trying to develop him in 16 game regular season.

Amazingly, as I sit here watching the highlights of the NFL playoffs, I see that no team with a QB, who plays like Vince Young, is still alive this season. Yet, the QB who has won back to back Superbowls, as well as 3 in 4 years, wasn’t even drafted in the first round.

I agree with most of what you said, except the NFL does HAVE a minimum age requirement. (so to speak) The rule states that to become eligible for the NFL draft, you must have 3 years removed from your graduating H.S. class. Maurice Clarett failed miserably recently to have this rule overturned after he got kicked out of college in his freshman year.

And Young has had more than 1 good year and is (for example) a much better passer now (top efficiency rating in divison I) then Mike Vick ever was, but whoever picks Young is gonna have to gear their offense around him and that is why Leinart is still the top overall quarterback in this draft.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
kungfudude said:
Texans said today they are taking Reggie Bush anyway. Either way Texans fans gotta be pumped about whoever they get with this draft. Its loaded at the top.

Young will probably go 3rd behind leinart to Tennessee. He'll be lucky to stay out of New Orleans.

What's your source for this? I have heard a lot of speculation about what the Texans are going to do, but no announcement from the team. They'd be stupid to do that anyway since they will definitely shop the pick to see what it might be worth to someone for trading down (surely Casserly is smarter than THAT!).

I agree with the spec though....McNair has already stated that they will "likely" pick up Carr's option and pay him his $8 million. If they do that, Young won't be coming to Houston. I hope they trade down to get some more picks because Reggie Bush will get killed running behind that O-line. I also hear that the Saints want a prototypical drop-back passer to replace Brooks, so Leinart is the obvious choice. I see Young going to the Titans at #3. The Jets at #4 are the most likely candidate to sell the farm to trade up and get Bush.

Imagine Reggie in the big apple! Ask for the moon and trade the pick, Charley! And good luck, Vince!!!

:banger:

Jagger69

Dirty Sanchez said:

Good point about the age requirement....I hate players coming out early but hey, if I were them I would probably go for the money as well. It's the American way!

I feel that Young will be successful in the NFL. He's not just another Michael Vick. He is a much better passer than Vick and he's bigger. He can develop a pocket presence (something Vick has never done) with the right coaching (like Norm Chow might be able to give him). I think he's going to be awesome.

Oh, and he had more than just "one good year" at Texas but I do agree that the past season and the Rose Bowl made his stock rise to astronomical heights.

Jagger69 said:
What's your source for this? I have heard a lot of speculation about what the Texans are going to do, but no announcement from the team. They'd be stupid to do that anyway since they will definitely shop the pick to see what it might be worth to someone for trading down (surely Casserly is smarter than THAT!).

You're probably right, it is just speculation. I read it on espn.com yesterday, but I just heard the same thing on PTI a half hour ago. They said, " Texans are turning their back on Young." Sounds solid to me.

Jagger69

Ok no problem. My guess is the rumors are correct. They better make the right decision with Reggie because there is tremendous sentiment in Houston to take Young. I wanna see them trade down for more draft picks. Stay tuned. Should be interesting.

Young should go first. Bush is an average RB when it comes to good defenses. Going to the NFL draft is the best thing for Young. He already completed 4 years in college and got a degree.

They talked yesterday on PrimeTime Sports that the vast majority of high QB picks turn out to be busts.

Looking through the crop of current NFL QB’s. Except for the Manning boys, almost every highly touted college QB has been a flop so far.

So I say again, Vince Young will be the same.

Matt Hasseleback
Tom Brady
Jake Delhome
Rex Grossman
Ben Rothlesberg
Jake Plummer
Payton Manning
Mark Brunell

Those are the starting QB’s who are still alive in the playoffs. Manning, and maybe Plummer, are the only two to be well known when leaving college. And every single one of them has lead their team so far by being a pocket passer.

Again, Vince Young will be a bust.