• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

XM - Sirius Merger

Facetious

Moderated
XM-Sirius merger approved by DOJ

Justice Department finally gives thumbs up to satellite radio merger. But deal still faces another regulatory hurdle and questions from consumers.
March 24, 2008: 5:39 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The U.S. Justice Department approved the merger between satellite radio companies Sirius and XM Monday, more than a year after the two companies first announced their deal.

But for fans of Howard Stern, Opie & Anthony and other Sirius and XM on-air personalities, there are still many questions about how much a combined Sirius-XM service will cost and what programs they'll be able to hear. Plus, Sirius and XM face one more regulatory hurdle before the deal can officially be completed.

Justice Department says merger won't hurt consumers

Despite cries from some politicians and traditional broadcast companies calling the pending deal harmful to consumers, the Department of Justice determined that an XM-Sirius merger was not anti-competitive. The Justice Department argued that other media companies such as Clear Channel (CCU, Fortune 500), CBS (CBS, Fortune 500), or even Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) with its iTunes.
more

Justice Department says merger won't hurt consumers

How's the justice dept the ultimate arbitor in a "free market economy" ? :confused: :WTF: :spin:

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
I just hope they don't raise the prices for the internet radio or give me a bunch of crap I don't want just so I can listen to Opie and Anthony.

Although, in a way it'll be interesting to see O&A and Stern work for the same company again. :1orglaugh

sure, if you like monopolies. why don't we just merge everything into mcwalbucks.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
It will be another monopoly and the merger will hurt consumers in the long run.

What would keep them from raising prices?

It's about time. Finally, all of the sports on one radio service :). I hope that they don't get rid of too many good channels and shows. As long as O&A are still there I will be pretty happy.

:hammer: Where is Teddy the Trustbuster when we need him?!

I can see them jacking up the prices....no competition. will most likely equal higher prices....its going to be a monopoly..can prices be regulated?.....Just wonder how its going to work out....It is good to have all options and stations on one network