• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Wow, I'm at a loss for words at what this board has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an exception between no exceptions and blind idiocy. If it is clearly demonstrated that someone has a duplicate account, not just by IP searches, but by posting history, log in times, and so forth, why should that be tolerated?

:2 cents:

MissHybrid

Head Of Ministry Of Tarts And Tart Team Commander
Official Checked Star Member
There's an exception between no exceptions and blind idiocy. If it is clearly demonstrated that someone has a duplicate account, not just by IP searches, but by posting history, log in times, and so forth, why should that be tolerated?

:2 cents:

Suppose a person has an an account, then logs out and logs in on another account, to make some statement to validate the point he / she made previously, while logged in on the other account, or to attack someone else, as though he / she is now just another member.
It is not about being logged in on the same IP from costa, AOL etc. This is about malicious deception. What are the thoughts that go through someone's mind as they log out, then re log in and take on the new persona?

What should happen if this was proven ?

Miss Hybrid.

You know something? For as shitty as this place seems to be run sometimes, I realize after reading Miss H's post that I would be far too lazy/frustrated to do any better. I would have poured beer all over the servers a looooooooong time ago.

GodsEmbryo

Closed Account
I don't know why multiple accounts are allowed now since I had been away from the board for a while. I'm sure it's for a good reason. However, multiple accounts can be used and abused: a second account can be used to start a flame war with someone to get him or her banned, you could rep the shit out of eachothers posts to get extra credits to buy galleries (not a bad thing per se), you could have more vote weight during the Miss FreeOnes contest, etc. And I'm not sure if the possible benefits of multiple accounts outweigh the downside of it.

But to try being constructive: if the people from FreeOnes really want multiple accounts integrated, maybe they could have some kind of 'registration' as well so that it is known that someone has multiple accounts (without having to look it up in the databases). If somzone didn't register it, it means something fishy and could lead to a ban if... 'irregularities' are noticed. T could make what happens on the board more controlable (but it wouldn't tackle the above problems).

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
OH-WELL-EXCUSE.jpg

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
I'm going to leave this with a few words of wisdom then lock it because this has become pretty unproductive.

#1: http://board.freeones.com/faq.php?faq=ww#faq_ban

If you ban me, I'll just make another account!

That's fine, but then you will be permanently banned from the board. Don't forget, if you received a ban from an Infraction, most of those bans are temporary. If you make another account to argue your cause or to come back and cause trouble, you will be banned from the board forever.

It got moved out of the guidelines and into the FAQs last year because I didn't want a 3 mile long guideline. So it never got removed. BUT keep reading.....

#2: http://board.freeones.com/announcement.php?f=5&a=30

All Administrator decisions are final.

Sometimes we KNOW someone has a second account. My theory is everyone deserves a second chance. So if they come back, behave, and never hit our radar then fantastic. If they come back, be an ass, they'll end up with not only a permanent ban but with every single way we can prevent them from coming back put in place. This doesn't mean we're rid of them permanently, but eventually they'll get bored and go away like BaconSalt did.

#3: IF you know someone has a dupe account and is using it to cause problems, then REPORT THEM. If we don't know about it, then we can't do anything about it. You're welcome to send myself or Anders a PM and whisper the offenders names in our ear so we can go check it out.

Now, I hope all the frustration has been vented and we can get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.