• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Why isn't Soccer popular in America?

• Too many other sports to watch

Votes: 46 19.8%
  • The best players play in Europe

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • Most American's don't understand the game

Votes: 76 32.8%
  • Most games aren't played during prime time on TV

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other

Votes: 75 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
A draw is no big deal.

It isn't a make-or-break thing like everyone makes it out to be, but I think a draw is important. Way too many matches in the World Cup end in a draw, and whats worse is that they are usually 0-0 or 1-1. When I think of a World Championship, I don't think of hour long matches that end in a tie. :2 cents:

we have alternatives that have caught on in other parts of the world, that are as complicated as any. It is a slow game but actually one of the fastest, there is no clock. It ends, when it ends.... why isn't baseball more popular in the world? I mean.... I know why in Europe, they have soccar

PlasmaTwa2

we have alternatives that have caught on in other parts of the world, that are as complicated as any. It is a slow game but actually one of the fastest, there is no clock. It ends, when it ends.... why isn't baseball more popular in the world? I mean.... I know why in Europe, they have soccar

And the reason soccer isn't popular in North America is because we have football, basketball, baseball, hockey, golf, NASCAR, Canadian football up here in Canada...

So now that we figured this huge mystery out, can we get back to figuring out which movie is better?

I agree. I can sit down and watch a soccer game and be done in two hours. In fact, I could watch two soccer games in their entirety before one baseball game even finishes.

I agree. I can sit down and watch a soccer game and be done in two hours. In fact, I could watch two soccer games in their entirety before one baseball game even finishes.

hell you can probibly watch four, but when i watch baseball (me that is) i'm still awake. I'm looking at the relation between the pitcher-catcher as in is he losing it, im looking at the opposing team and heckling them, when their on the field... Oh? maybee you have never been to a baseball game, it is a cultural thing.

And the reason soccer isn't popular in North America is because we have football, basketball, baseball, hockey, golf, NASCAR, Canadian football up here in Canada...

So now that we figured this huge mystery out, can we get back to figuring out which movie is better?

they are what they are, if we try to figure out what is better it might become the new middle east?

Well, not all baseball games take an eternity. It is not a timed sport, so some games do finish in less than two hours, depending on the pitchers. One of the reasons they do last long though is the time allotted for t.v. commercials between each half-inning.

As for advertising during soccer matches, the World Cup has been televised on the states commercial-free for as long as I can remember ('82 was the first one I recall). Each half is sponsored by Budweiser or some other major advertiser. And the Spanish-language games continually flash some ad in the corner.

Question: What the heck is the difference between a draw and a tie? It's just semantics IMHO. Until a few years ago, a tie was a regular occurrence in the professional hockey league. Don't really know why it was changed, but it wasn't a big deal in that sport either.

hammerer

Closed Account
Think it's because there are no cheer-leaders. After we watch a score, we want to look at the woman we just scored with.

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave

Ice, the reason baseball is great is because it doesn't have a clock. A team can be down by 10 runs in the bottom of the ninth and still win the game.

US American prudes suffer from an inflated superego. Their repressed sexuality doesn't allow them to indulge in a highly eroticized sport like Association Football. The following terms make my inhibited patients from the US of A sweat and stutter because subconsciously they are well aware what they really mean:

Penetration of the box = :love-smi:

Shoot from long distance = :rubbel:

Mark your opponent = watersports

Fisted clearance = Voltaire's angry glove

Ace Bandage

The one and only.

Well, I'd prefer to watch one Cubs game rather than two games of any other sport. A few of my favorite quotes about baseball are listed below. They can describe and characterize the game better than I ever could:

This is a game to be savored, not gulped. There's time to discuss everything between pitches or between innings. ~Bill Veeck

Baseball? It's just a game - as simple as a ball and a bat. Yet, as complex as the American spirit it symbolizes. It's a sport, business - and sometimes even religion. ~Ernie Harwell

Baseball is an allegorical play about America, a poetic, complex, and subtle play of courage, fear, good luck, mistakes, patience about fate, and sober self-esteem. ~Saul Steinberg

You see, you spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball, and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. ~Jim Bouton

lechepicha

Prince of the Rotten Milk
Most American's don't understand the game

they think that there's about amount of goals and statictics and such.

they definitely don't understand the passion of EL FÚTBOL, and its excitement.

they just want timeout to go and buy some beers and hot-dogs or some shit.

roronoa3000

Banned
Most American's don't understand the game

they think that there's about amount of goals and statictics and such.

Don't you win with more goals? :rolleyes:
What excitement? lol

Keep your fucking "precious" soccer and quit trying to push it on Americans, when the world gives football a try I'll try soccer.

PlasmaTwa2

I think it is odd you bring these two up. Tell me, which sport is it that fans riot over when their teams lose or win? Which sport is it that, if you let down your team at the World Cup, you could end up being murdered for when you return home? Just because we are not fans of soccer doesn't mean we don't understand passion in sports.

We don't like soccer. It isn't as big as football, baseball, basketball or hockey. Maybe the reason we don't like it is because it seems everytime soccer fans wonder why we don't like it they treat us like we're retarded?

roronoa3000

Banned
I think it is odd you bring these two up. Tell me, which sport is it that fans riot over when their teams lose or win? Which sport is it that, if you let down your team at the World Cup, you could end up being murdered for when you return home? Just because we are not fans of soccer doesn't mean we don't understand passion in sports.

We don't like soccer. It isn't as big as football, baseball, basketball or hockey. Maybe the reason we don't like it is because it seems everytime soccer fans wonder why we don't like it they treat us like we're retarded?

It like its a sin to not like soccer with these people.

Weren't there riots in Los Angeles after the Lakers won the finals lol

Status
Not open for further replies.