• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Who should be cast as the new Wonderwoman

While I think Megan Fox and Jessica Alba are quite attractive startlets, it seems like Wonderwoman needs to be a bit more curvy, muscular and athletic. I can not think of any definitive choice off of my head though. Beyonce comes a bit closer to the Wonderwoman archetype, but probably she is still not tall enough (Lynda Carter had to be around 5'9''-10" tall). Maybe one of the wrestling divas would qualify.

georges

Staff member

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Can we all agree that whomever gets picked won't be able to reprise the role anywhere near Lynda Carter?

Having said that, I would have thought Salma Hayek when she was younger.

Right now, I can't think of a celeb chick who has the right amount of curvaceousness, natural beauty, believable tom boyishness to pull it off so far other than maybe Jessica Biel.

I guess I was tired or I was redirected some how.
Comic books have the most original ideas.

Better than anything Hollywood is making.
Unless you want to see another sitcom made into a movie?

I'd like to see Seinfeld.

Really? So recycling stories that have been in print as comic books since as far back as the 30s (Superman), and in some cases multiple times (Superman, batman) are the most original ideas. I will grant you that some of the movies made from comic books are good, but kind of like the remake explosion of a few years ago, it's just going to get more and more laughable until we're rolling our eyes at the adventures of Howard the Duck....

Oh wait.....

I take it you guys have gone to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop!

Meh. Yes, I've seen it, and while not cutting edge cinema, it was amusing. I think that's one of the main problems with movies today- everything is expected to be the greatest, best, biggest, etc. That doesn't work for every movie.

I still stick to the theory that if writers would just write good stories, and Hollywood wasn't such an exclusive, incestuous bunch with $$ more in mind than entertaining, we'd get better movies. If you make movies that are entertaining as hell- you'll make money. LOTS of it.

H

For now i think Sophie Howard would make the best WW now days. she's 5'8 and thats quite tall for a woman and she's shape just like WW, her sexy accent would also do and those eyes and hair are a perfect match. They could just air brush her tats out for the part.

Well the official rumor is that Morena Baccarin will be cast as the next WonderWoman If she can get done with the new V series in time.
I think Lynda Carter is still hot enough to be in it maybe be the Amazon Queen hottie :D

Leave it to Hollywood. They will find the dumbest actress on the planet. Then, someone will realize that Batman was such a hit, Wonder Woman has to be dark and moody. And the hype machine will begin.
Years ago, I read somewhere that Sandra Bullock was offered the roll. But she wouldn't do it without an outfit update (something that made her body look good. i.e. burlap bag) and she would not deal with any of the bondage/lesbian stuff (the comic book hinted at the latter)
If they do it, and there are plans for a 2011 release date, they'll take an A-list actress (for box office draw) that can't pull off the part to save thier soul. Or, some actress that is popular and hot, but can't really act (i.e. Megan Fox) and cross fingers and close eyes.

Well the official rumor is that Morena Baccarin will be cast as the next WonderWoman If she can get done with the new V series in time.
I think Lynda Carter is still hot enough to be in it maybe be the Amazon Queen hottie :D

I wouldnt mind Morena. She's got that classic Golden Age Wonder Woman look about her, but she was more often rumored back when Joss Whedon was associated with making a live action WW movie (he no longer is involved).

Stacey said:
Leave it to Hollywood. They will find the dumbest actress on the planet. Then, someone will realize that Batman was such a hit, Wonder Woman has to be dark and moody. And the hype machine will begin.
Years ago, I read somewhere that Sandra Bullock was offered the roll. But she wouldn't do it without an outfit update (something that made her body look good. i.e. burlap bag) and she would not deal with any of the bondage/lesbian stuff (the comic book hinted at the latter)

Yeah, Sandra Bullock's involvement was back during the late 1990's if I am not mistaken, and it fell thru (thankfully!). Personally, Jennifer Connelly or Monica Bellucci would have been far more superior choices. Especially when you consider Jennifer Connelly was probably just in her late 20's/early 30's, and Monica in her mid 30's at best. Sandra Bullock? That would have been like getting Sly Stallone as Superman instead of Christopher Reeve to be perfectly honest. Simply horrendous.

If they do it, and there are plans for a 2011 release date, they'll take an A-list actress (for box office draw) that can't pull off the part to save thier soul. Or, some actress that is popular and hot, but can't really act (i.e. Megan Fox) and cross fingers and close eyes.

I really don't doubt any of those scenarios, but hopefully we'll get SOMEBODY that will do Wonder Woman justice. Jessica Biel was offered the role for Justice League (back when that was supposedly on the fast track), and turned it down. Australian model Megan Gale was reportedly picked by George Miller once Biel turned it down, but we'll likely never know how she would have been.