• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What's your favourite punk rock band?

Green Day
Reggie and the Full Effect
Jimmy Eat World
Taking Back Sunday
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Gorillaz

theres more.....

- This has been a FreeOnes exclusive and now I give you back to our studio with our fabulous news team.
- ...... And we're back. Welcome back ladies and gentlemen, breaking news early reports suggest that the Punk Rock thread has just been bumped after four years of dormancy - I don't know about you but this news has shocked us at the FreeOnes news desk to our very core. Let us now head over to our man in the field to tell us what's going on. Blue .... what's happening?
- Thanks Tom, I am standing in a spot that hasn't been stood on for over four years. It's an eerie place Tom, the smell of mould and age linger in the air, there's dust everywhere and from what I can tell several mummified remains of those who past long ago. We aren't fully briefed as of yet on the why's, where's and how's? But what we do know is that the thread was bumped sometime around 2pm GMT and since then there has been no other known activity - which according to some thread experts is strange, maybe they're staying away out of fear, maybe they believe the legends to be true and that by coming here a curse will be put upon them never to be lifted which has lead to a strange sense of calm throughout the entire area, it's almost like a ghost town if you would like to call it that.

What will the others think of this, only time will tell. Now back to the studio..... ;)

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Let's see The Clash, The Ramones, The Buzzcocks, Fear, Gang Green, Minor Threat, Black Flag, The Misfits, Stiff Little Fingers, Husker Du, No Use For A Name, Lagwagon, Fifteen, Operation Ivy, SubHumans, Citizen Fish, T.S.O.L., Gorilla Biscuts, Youth Brigade, Social Distortion, The Damned, Agnostic Front, Dead Kennedys, The Replacments, NoFx, the list could on and on.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
alot of these groups mentioned arent really punk.
I like circlejerks, DK sex pistols, and who was that group that did "institution!, I'm not crazy! All I wanted was a pepsi.
plus others

It has to be the Ramones for injecting the enterprise with irreverence and the Sex Pistols for the seething disgust. Now some may argue that real punk was over by 1978 and others may champion the LA scene of later. Good for you. I'm happy to listen to both views. I can't buy into the idea of new punk bands though. Punk can only be a thing to evolve from, it can not be revived. Threads on the other hand .................

Punk is shit! :(

^ What he said. 90% of all the punk bands I've ever worked for haven't had their shit together. With the exceptions of Green Day and the Dropkick Murphys, all punk bands have like 3 techs, who are also responsible for merch, production, and any other needs that might arise, and all their gear tends to be shit. That's just from my humble point of view. :hatsoff:

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
alot of these groups mentioned arent really punk.
I like circlejerks, DK sex pistols, and who was that group that did "institution!, I'm not crazy! All I wanted was a pepsi.
plus others

Suicidal Tendencies is the name of the band.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
^ What he said. 90% of all the punk bands I've ever worked for haven't had their shit together. With the exceptions of Green Day and the Dropkick Murphys, all punk bands have like 3 techs, who are also responsible for merch, production, and any other needs that might arise, and all their gear tends to be shit. That's just from my humble point of view. :hatsoff:

These days, I agree...

Pennywise :D

I like some of the "true" stuff too, like Poison Idea and Operation Ivy.

Touchy subject here. :)
I think MTV and all those O.C. bands has ruined punk.
Blink 182 and Sum 41 and Offspring and weakass shit like that.:fight:
Even Avril and Pink are considered punk nowadays. :thefinger

I'm sure they would have bigger crews if they could afford them.