• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What's your favourite punk rock band?

no Particular order:

1) Rancid
2) Sex Pistols
3) Madness
4) No Doubt (Pop-sort-of-punk)
5) Distillers

:banger: :2 cents: :thumbsup:

No doubt are more pop-ska but still good :)

The only punk i listen to is Greenday, Mad Caddies, The clash and Face to Face (which are the best)

P-51D said:
Hell yeah!!! :thumbsup:
I would also add some classic... How about Ramones, Clash and Avengers?
Oh, and early Chumba, Bad Brains, Gang Green, MDC, and Napalm D :banger: eath
I thought I was the only one...

N*Sync?

To my Midtown followers check out www.midtownrock.com - They have a new video out and the song is superb. I also bought the latest album of thiers today along with Millencolin's new release so expect an opinion on them here soon.

I appreciate many of the 'true' punk lovers are claiming that half the likes on here are 'pop' but I do not agree. Some maybe, but punk had evolved. I too like some of the older classics of what is considered real punk but a new generation of music lovers has obviously been bred and as a result has formed the basis of what more commonly is known as the punk today.

bishbash1

Banned
i've got the original pretty vacant single by the pistols and also a never mind the bollocks picture disc. i think pretty vacant was released in 1976 or 1977 and i was told that the picture disc was worth about £30 ten years ago. trouble is they have been at the back of the garage for the last 4 years so dunno what state they are in now.

Well, just so long as you don't think Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, or Korn are punk. I was waiting for some kid to come on here and name those guys. LMAO :banger:

Ric0chet said:
...I appreciate many of the 'true' punk lovers are claiming that half the likes on here are 'pop' but I do not agree. Some maybe, but punk had evolved. I too like some of the older classics of what is considered real punk but a new generation of music lovers has obviously been bred and as a result has formed the basis of what more commonly is known as the punk today.

silentfall

Closed Account
1) Fugazi
2) Screeching Weasel
3) Descendents
4) Pennywise
5) Dropkick Murphys

silentfall

Closed Account
6) OPERATION IVY
7) ALL
8) THE QUEERS
9) MR. T EXPERIENCE
10) RIVERDALES

all of these bands are in no order

Nightfly said:
OMG I totally forgot about "Millions of Damned Christians!" MDC! WOW! That's taking me WAY back...20 years or so!!!

That's ok. But Million Dead Cops is zillion times better and years ahead in power and blast...
:glugglug:

I like Green Day a LOT! And I can't name any other punk rock bands that i like. I'm happy that they have this new album.

Ric0chet said:
I appreciate many of the 'true' punk lovers are claiming that half the likes on here are 'pop' but I do not agree. Some maybe, but punk had evolved. I too like some of the older classics of what is considered real punk but a new generation of music lovers has obviously been bred and as a result has formed the basis of what more commonly is known as the punk today.
There´s nothing wrong with being a little melodic,but if you scratch beneath the surface and look underground you will see that there´s a whole new generation of pissed off punks that play real punk and hardcore music.
I still don´t understand what Green Day and other mtvshit has to do with punkrock.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Sorry - only punk bands that really got my interest were The Clash and The Stranglers.

Good mentions.

I go old school with Clash, Ramones, Sex Pistols, New York Dolls, Misfits, Black Flad, Dead Kennedys and so forth...

I also like Rancid, Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards, Anti-Flag, Pennywise, Bouncing Souls...bah, to many bands I like to name.