• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good TV series you have watched?

Yes, and Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Shang Chi
I thought BP & SH were well received? Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall mass hate campaigns against them.

For CM, I do recall some backlash against Larson's disposition in her interviews. Although to be fair, she did not come off looking good on those.

I thought BP & SH were well received? Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall mass hate campaigns against them.

For CM, I do recall some backlash against Larson's disposition in her interviews. Although to be fair, she did not come off looking good on those.
They were in the boxoffice but you always have some on social media spouting hate

They were in the boxoffice but you always have some on social media spouting hate
IMO even the haters toned it down for SC. The action scenes were impeccable, and you had a star who was actually versed in martial arts. Plus, racists already have the stereotype that East-Asians are all martial arts masters, so there's the ironic cognitive dissonance for those racists in that they are obliged to recognize that the action scenes were good LOL. :ROFLMAO:

Poor Ms. Marvel I think was an exceptionally sad case, having got the short end of both sticks - being a racialized female. PLUS, There's also the conspiracy theorist in me thinking that Disney internally sabotaged it by releasing it alongside Obi-Wan. There's no reason they couldn't space the release out by just a 1.5 months. I really hope the fans campaign behind her to get a second season, because that would be a very, very bad/sad precedent to set.

So a repeat of the Ms. Marvel hate?
Ms Marvel was also hated 'cause the main characters were muslims and 'cause it showed a positive image of muslims in America.
I would rather compare the She-Hulk hate to the Captain Marvel hate

I'm not sure Ms Marvel will have a season 2 but we already know one thing : They've already shot The Marvel, a movie starring both Captain Marvel AND Ms Marvel. 2 of the most hated MCU characters in the same movie, that seems like recipe for disaster, right ? Unless you consider that this movie is not targeted at "classic/toxic" Marvel fans, it's targeted mostly to young girls.
I think they knew the show (Ms Marvel) would make some of the "classic/toxic" marvel fans pretty angry. But these were not the target audience for the show. Young girls and muslims were the target audience). And it seems to me that these demographics were pretty enthusiastic about the show.

. Young girls and muslims were the target audience). And it seems to me that these demographics were pretty enthusiastic about the show.
As they should be. Same with East Asians and Blacks for SC & BP. I don't trust Disney as a "woke" company, but I do trust that they recognize the huge monetary potential catering to the racialized markets can be. US/Canada have huge racialized populations, and that's in addition to the international markets.

I don't trust Disney as a "woke" company, but I do trust that they recognize the huge monetary potential catering to the racialized markets can be.
There's no such thing as a "woke" company, companies don't have any agenda except "sell as much prducts to clients" and companies such as Disney have come to understand they could multiply benefits if they'd choose ot cater not only to white straight cis males.

But the problem is white straight cis males can't accept other demographics are getting any screentime, any recognition.
For example, that scene
Many so called anti-woke called it woke propaganda, labelled the entire movie "woke", claimed Marvel was insulting them, etc. And then, when some actors and actresses, some people from the staff who did the movie or some Marvel executives called them, they claimed Marvel attacking the fans.
All that because of a 1'10" scene.out of a 3 hours long movie.

As usual, if you're the kind of person who cannot accept that an important character could be anything but a white, straight cis man, this show's not for you.
But if you're ok with that, the show's visually magnificient filled with great characters. Concerning the story, it's way to early to draw any conclusion...
My final word concerning these 2 first episodes : I wanna see more !

As usual, if you're the kind of person who cannot accept that an important character could be anything but a white, straight cis man, this show's not for you.
But if you're ok with that, the show's visually magnificient filled with great characters. Concerning the story, it's way to early to draw any conclusion...
My final word concerning these 2 first episodes : I wanna see more !
Um... I don't think many people have ever referred to LOTR series as "Those movies with all the racialized people and women".
I mean, one of the most iconic heroes is an old white guy literally named "Gandalf The White"

But if diversity is the direction they're taking in the casting now, that's a good step.

Um... I don't think many people have ever referred to LOTR series as "Those movies with all the racialized people and women".
I mean, one of the most iconic heroes is an old white guy literally named "Gandalf The White"

But if diversity is the direction they're taking in the casting now, that's a good step.
To me "the White" is more like a title The first of the Istari (wizards) who's named as "the white" is Saruman and only after Saruman turns to evil does Gandalf starts being called "the White".
But, the color white symbolizes purity, just as on a bride dress. The Istari aren't just ordinary old men : They are basically angels sent by the gods to help people fight evil and Saruman was their leader, supposedly the wisest of them all

To me "the White" is more like a title The first of the Istari (wizards) who's named as "the white" is Saruman and only after Saruman turns to evil does Gandalf starts being called "the White".
But, the color white symbolizes purity, just as on a bride dress. The Istari aren't just ordinary old men : They are basically angels sent by the gods to help people fight evil and Saruman was their leader, supposedly the wisest of them all
I was being facetious about "The White" - I'm pretty sure it was the clothing he was wearing. Wasn't he called "The Grey" when he needed to get his cloak dry cleaned?

I was being serious about the characters all being white males. Ask people to name 5 LOTR characters, and you'll be lucky if one of them is female. And I'm willing to bet all of them would be Caucasian.

I was being serious about the characters all being white males. Ask people to name 5 LOTR characters, and you'll be lucky if one of them is female. And I'm willing to bet all of them would be Caucasian.
Not sure about that. Both Eowyn and Arwen are fan favorites

Anyone watching Resident Alien?

It's halfway through S2 now.

Also a mention for 'Raised by Wolves', even though I believe it has been cancelled.
It was sort of on a cliffhanger when the season finished... I sincerely hope it's picked up by someone and it continues.

Show started pretty good, gets better and better. Next episode are going to be great...