• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

what game are you playing right now?

I'm looking to clear out some space on my PS3 to install some new purchases (1TB just isn't enough!)

In my crosshairs are those Sam & Max games that I got during the $1 sale. They take up a good 2.5GB or so each, and seem like easy trophies.

Anyone play these?

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
I'm finishing up Wolfenstein The New Order on Xbox 1.

^ I wonder if we'll ever see a free-roam game where you can actually go in all the buildings.

Just downloaded Spiderman and am about to fire it up for the first time. Not a comic or a superhero fan in movies or games but the me when I was 8-years-old would never forgive the me of today if I didn't play this game. If that makes sense.

Speaking of Spidey senses tingling, I have to take a leak first.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
The new Spider-Man game is almost worth it for just being able to websling around the city itself.

Did you find the Soup Nazi's place and the Ghostbuster's building? I'm not into superheroes much at all, but I'm somewhat interesting just to fuck around NY. I visited it somewhat recently and loved it.

I may buy Spider-Man this weekend. I had a lot of fun webslinging in Web of Shadows with my own custom soundtrack of music from the movies and tv show themes.

It's a good game. It's too bad Sony will probably never let it go on PC because it would even be better if you could run it at 60 fps. In my opinion the one thing they nailed without question in the game was the movement in it. There is fast travel in it, but you never feel like using it because moving around is that satisfying. The fighting is very much like the Batman Arkham games, which is just fine by me as it works well for this type of thing. It's not just the countering system that's similar. Spider-man also has gadgets that he can work into fights like Batman did. While the plot isn't award worthy, it's also not bad either. I didn't really have a problem with it. There are also times where I find what people like Spidey and J Jonah Jameson genuinely funny. I don't usually pay $60 for the games I play anymore, but I'm a big enough fan of Spider-Man it was worth it to me, and it's generally getting good praise. I don't know if I would wait for it to come out cheaper in the future on a game of the year edition with the DLC included if I wasn't a fan, but I don't think it would be the worst video game purchase to get at full price.

There is also something I like about it that the Arkham games didn't have that most people I've read reviewing it don't bring up. The city has a lot of normal people walking around that makes it feel more alive. As much as I liked the Arkham games it does go to show they didn't need a contrived set of circumstances in them to explain why every game was deserted.

One minor grip I have is that all the bullets being flung around by NPCs that aren't aimed at Spider-Man seem to be worthless and only for show. If you brake up a fight between rival factions and pay attention to it it can break immersion when you see somebody sit there and get hit a dozen times and have the shots not do anything. It makes it look cool, and maybe that was the point, but I would have liked them to be able to effect each other more.

There is also something I like about it that the Arkham games didn't have that most people I've read reviewing it don't bring up. The city has a lot of normal people walking around that makes it feel more alive. As much as I liked the Arkham games it does go to show they didn't need a contrived set of circumstances in them to explain why every game was deserted.

That's one of the things I could never understand about Origins and Knight, Asylum made sense because it was Arkham Asylum and City made sense because it was a walled off prison. Origins and Knight should have had people walking around, going about their business. Spider-Man 2 on PS2 even had normal citizens in Manhatten walking around.

Spider-Man on PS4 and I just want to say that I spent a few minutes webswinging around the city at the first chance I got, with this playing through my console. That is all.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Just wrapped the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and am downloading the expansions. I'm so not done with this game.