• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

SlipKnot

Yay or nay on SLipKnot

• Hell Yeah~~

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • They're ok

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I hate that shit

Votes: 47 54.0%

• Total voters
every time you do a search before posting a new thread, an angel gets it's wings.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Like if you took the Sex Pistols and amplified them 100 times. Oh...and changed the singer to some guy that shouts unintelligibly at the mike.

So it's kind of like if you took Beethoven, got rid of the piano, and replaced it with a guitar, drums and bass, and a singer that shouts and wrote songs about killing people instead of operas.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
So it's kind of like if you took Beethoven, got rid of the piano, and replaced it with a guitar, drums and bass, and a singer that shouts and wrote songs about killing people instead of operas.

Exactly.

wow. that statement is both misleading and completely true. it's too early in the morning. you're making my brain hurt maildude.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/nina-starr said:
Nina Starr[/URL][/B], post: 2359022, member: 208935"]The lead singer is also a lead vocalist in the band StoneSour and i freakin love them too!

stonesour is pretty good.

Their not my favourite band, but The Heretic Anthem is one of the best head banging songs around and they are fantastic live.

Facetious

Moderated
I wonder what they sound like "unplugged" :confused:

They don't.

They're alright, its just that I believe that their stuff is way electronically "enhanced", for the lack of a better term.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
I like one song from them: Vermilion Part 2. Corey Taylor can sing in that song

The lead singer is also a lead vocalist in the band StoneSour and i freakin love them too!

The drummer, Joey Jordison is also plays guitar (and also drums and bass for the studio album) for the "Murderdolls" another one of my favorite bands. :D

Facetious

Moderated
Bands today are seemingly "selected" "as Hot" via imagery not by sound, IMO.
Isn't it really about the musical quality a band has to offer ?

Popular music today is a derivative of a focus group operation. IMO.
"Stars" are created as opposed to being born :(

I bet that Dfox even agrees with me on this one ! :glugglug:

Bands today are seemingly "selected" "as Hot" via imagery not by sound, IMO.
Isn't it really about the musical quality a band has to offer ?

Popular music today is a derivative of a focus group operation. IMO.
"Stars" are created as opposed to being born :(

I bet that Dfox even agrees with me on this one ! :glugglug:

I agree to some extent with what you are saying, but as for my personal experience, that is not true. I don't have cable, and I often listen to the radio, so when I start to like a new band, it is totally because of their sound and not their image.

Slipknot is a case in point. I started liking their songs when I first heard them, about a year before I found out they wore crazy masks or anything else they do.

Now you could argue, the whole way they got on the radio was because of their image, and that might possibly be correct. But there is no question I like their music first and foremost. And that goes for all the bands I like.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
Don't really like they're music, some of it's ok. But they put on one hell of a live show, one of the best pits I've ever been in.

Bands today are seemingly "selected" "as Hot" via imagery not by sound, IMO. Isn't it really about the musical quality a band has to offer? Popular music today is a derivative of a focus group operation. IMO. "Stars" are created as opposed to being born :(

So true. I couldn't agree with you more.