• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Shoud Turkey be a member of EU?

subj

• Total voters
Are the German taxpayers ok with funding them?

No.

The EU fucked up when, back in 2004, we incoporate 10 new countries at once, getting from 15 countreies to 25. And among these newly added countries, 8 were from Eastern Europe (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovenia).
Opened borders and fre trade without any tarriff between France, Netherlands, Germany, England or Spain was fine. But ifyou add Slovakia, Poland or Hungary, everything is fucked up.

For example a company from Poland can hire some pole employees, pay them with the minim wage (which is way lower in Poland than in France or Germany) and have them working in France. This way, the pole company can charge to the french customer much lower than french companies who have to pay the worker with the french minimum wage. So the french companies are losing market share, firing worker and finally they delocate to Poland to lower their costs. And unemployment in France go up.

Why do or don't people want Turkey to join the EU? I'll start with the least logical reasons (IMHO) & if you know more, please add them. The italic texts are my own remarks.

Don't

1. Islam is the dominant religion. The same can be said for the religions of Albania, Kosovo and Bosnia-Herzegovina

2. It's economy. No worse than most European countries & better than some (check the CIA world fact book)

the last 2 and IMHO the most logical reasons:

3. Cyprus. Essentially a good point, but it'd mean we'd have to recognise Turkish Cyprus as well, which we don't So it works both ways.

4. It's not located on European soil. Technically not true, as a small part of Turkey IS located on European soil (the part on the European side of the Bosphorus, the river which is officially the end of Europe), is only 3% of it's total land mass. If one compares this to Russia, of which 23% is located in Europe (while at the same time covering 40% of the European land mass) and considering that we're not about to ask Russia to join us (I doubt they'd want to, but still), one could claim that the % of land located in Europe is too small.

Once again, I'll start with the least logical reasons

Do

1. Israël considers itself more European than anythingt else (European championship soccer, other sports, Eurovision songfestival, etc.) & it's technically not located in europe at all. If they wanted to join, there'd be much less opposition, even though they're not a Christian nation either. Even though Turkey is considered European as far as the previously mentioned events are concerned, they can't join the club. Of course, one can't deny that, unlike Turkey, Israël isn't exactly surrounded by friends and that it's rather inhumane to leave them all by themselves.

2. It has a growing economy. The economy has been growing for the last few years, but that doesn't mean it'll last. Just look at Spain & Greece.

3. It can be a buffer against less pleasant elements living in the Middle-East. Theoretically, it could also be a gateway for those less pleasant elements.

georges

Staff member
Why do or don't people want Turkey to join the EU? I'll start with the least logical reasons (IMHO) & if you know more, please add them. The italic texts are my own remarks.

Don't

1. Islam is the dominant religion. The same can be said for the religions of Albania, Kosovo and Bosnia-Herzegovina

2. It's economy. No worse than most European countries & better than some (check the CIA world fact book)

3. Cyprus. Essentially a good point, but it'd mean we'd have to recognise Turkish Cyprus as well, which we don't So it works both ways.

4. It's not located on European soil. Technically not true, as a small part of Turkey IS located on European soil (the part on the European side of the Bosphorus, the river which is officially the end of Europe), is only 3% of it's total land mass. If one compares this to Russia, of which 23% is located in Europe (while at the same time covering 40% of the European land mass) and considering that we're not about to ask Russia to join us (I doubt they'd want to, but still), one could claim that the % of land located in Europe is too small.

Do

1. Israël considers itself more European than anythingt else (European championship soccer, other sports, Eurovision songfestival, etc.) & it's technically not located in europe at all. If they wanted to join, there'd be much less opposition, even though they're not a Christian nation either. Even though Turkey is considered European as far as the previously mentioned events are concerned, they can't join the club. Of course, one can't deny that, unlike Turkey, Israël isn't exactly surrounded by friends and that it's rather inhumane to leave them all by themselves.

2. It has a growing economy. The economy has been growing for the last few years, but that doesn't mean it'll last. Just look at Spain & Greece.

3. It can be a buffer against less pleasant elements living in the Middle-East. Theoretically, it could also be a gateway for those less pleasant elements.
Very good post:thumbsup::hatsoff:

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
No.
Primarily because they're fucking Turks.
Secondarily because they'll crush the EU through pure weight of numbers.
Why has this been bought back?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
They can't fly, so I just don't see it working out.

Don't

Do

sounds like i'm hearing the speech of a pope in the 9th century. a crusader, terrorist of medieval time.
it's funny and interesting to see your level of nationalism and ignorance. well after all eastern european countries should say fuck off to EU and go on their own, better.
what do you have against islam? maybe EU should open their cards and say, yes we hate islam, we are still the crusader pussy.
you support the israeli state, but not the rights of the jewish community in your retarded EU countries.
so talking straight EU doesn't stand for human rights, as they say. well you can put the cross in your asses and jump on it christians retards.

look in history, albanians saved the european ass from the turks, and only because the italians were pussies not to help us we got into turkish occupation, it's not out fault. EU owe's albanians BIG brother!
Scanderbeg, the albanian prince. if he wouldn't resist, Vatican nowadays would have been a mosque. some escaped, those who remained here got converted into islam. but yes, europeans are pussies, that's it, and that's what you get for trying to help a pussy. to mention also how many volounteers fought in spanish civil war against that dick general. you owe us guys, you do owe us.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
No.

The EU fucked up when, back in 2004, we incoporate 10 new countries at once, getting from 15 countreies to 25. And among these newly added countries, 8 were from Eastern Europe (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovenia).
Opened borders and fre trade without any tarriff between France, Netherlands, Germany, England or Spain was fine. But ifyou add Slovakia, Poland or Hungary, everything is fucked up.

For example a company from Poland can hire some pole employees, pay them with the minim wage (which is way lower in Poland than in France or Germany) and have them working in France. This way, the pole company can charge to the french customer much lower than french companies who have to pay the worker with the french minimum wage. So the french companies are losing market share, firing worker and finally they delocate to Poland to lower their costs. And unemployment in France go up.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! And France just raised their minimum wage. Convert to $US and that's $508 a week for flipping burghers and ringing a register. Boy the French system is getting even better for it's working citizens. So what's the problem? I'm sure those Polish workers are happy too since it seems that they can live on their lower wages. Competition in the marketplace isn't good? People can buy the same bread at a lower price now. Isn't that good for everyone that buys bread? Aren't you the one that said that if companies move out others will soon take their place? Yes, it was you on an earlier thread. Oh, I can just guess what your solution is, raise taxes.