• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Obama derides fat cats, then meets them for dinner to collect cash...

Jon S.

Banned
Viva Omama! you just want to see u.s. go down in a ball of flames before your kingdom, mr. :shy:

Throw another one at me, mr! :elaugh:

Fact of the matter is that we were heading there long before Obama was elected. And, sadly, the people have done it to themselves. Look at how many people, and companies for that matter, have been living way beyond their means for a long time. The fact of the matter is that the economy has been a house of cards for sometime, and, logically speaking, it was inevitable that it would collapse sometime......and it looks like that time is now. You simply can not rely so heavily on credit, and not expect the results that we are seeing today. The housing crisis......poor regulation on mortgages, and people buying houses that they simply could not afford.....and why? The "American Dream" of course. People running up $30K+ in credit card debt as if it's nothing. Bottom line is that the people have gotten too fat & like I said, have been living beyond their means.....it had to end sometime.

Now, regarding the whole taxation issue......I find it amusing that seemingly everyone wants everything.......but, just like with the whole credit mentality that fucked up the economy IMHO, nobody seems to want to pay for it. There simply is no way in fucken Hell that the national debt can be reduced &/or ever eliminated without raising revenues.....and that has to be in the form of raising taxes. Anyone who says they want to reduce deficit spending and/or reduce the national debt.....and they are against raising taxes....is disingenuous at best, and intellectually dishonest at worst! (or they could simply be bat shit crazy)

Could part of the mess that we are in right now be the result of Bush fighting 2 wars, and cutting taxes at the very same time? Nobody in their right mind would do that......and it never happened before in the history of the USA. Just sayin'! Just like George HW Bush inherited the shitty mess that Reagan's supply side economics (Reaganomics) left the nation by the time he left office......Obama has inherited the mess that "W" left for him.....and since there is little or no cooperation between the executive and legislative branches (especially re. The House), Obama's situation is even stickier! :2 cents:

Oh yeah, before anyone makes such "intelligent" assumptions about me, as many tend to do on here.......I'm not, and I've never really been an Obama fan.....and I've been fairly disappointed in his leadership (or lack thereof)......the only thing is that he sure as Hell is a sight better than the douchebag he replaced......and my reasons for being disappointed in him are genuine, and I'm sure they are the polar opposite of those on the right.......and certainly not the main reason that the "tea baggers" don't like him.......namely that he's black!!!!!! Hell, the south still hasn't gotten over losing the civil war.......I guess it would be expecting too much of people of the same ilk to get over the fact that there is in fact a black man (though the racists will point out that his mother was white.....in an effort to "prove" that they are not racist) in the White House in less than 3 years! Ha ha ha!

Except when he is on vacation, picking basketball winners, and the many other things that sidetrack him.

First he derides fat cats, then meets them for dinner to collect cash.
Then he doesn't even mention that he wants to raise their taxes. :facepalm:

Every President has done that. :rolleyes:

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Hypocrite. :elaugh:

He's been talking about raising taxes on the wealthy since the beginning of his presidential campaign. This is hardly a secret. In each of the presidential debates he was quite candid about it. And despite that the majority of this nation's wealthiest voters voted for him.

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Don't confuse Wille E Worm with the facts about which presidents have spent the most time on vacation.

Fact of the matter is that we were heading there long before Obama was elected. And, sadly, the people have done it to themselves. Look at how many people, and companies for that matter, have been living way beyond their means for a long time. The fact of the matter is that the economy has been a house of cards for sometime, and, logically speaking, it was inevitable that it would collapse sometime......and it looks like that time is now. You simply can not rely so heavily on credit, and not expect the results that we are seeing today. The housing crisis......poor regulation on mortgages, and people buying houses that they simply could not afford.....and why? The "American Dream" of course. People running up $30K+ in credit card debt as if it's nothing. Bottom line is that the people have gotten too fat & like I said, have been living beyond their means.....it had to end sometime.

Now, regarding the whole taxation issue......I find it amusing that seemingly everyone wants everything.......but, just like with the whole credit mentality that fucked up the economy IMHO, nobody seems to want to pay for it. There simply is no way in fucken Hell that the national debt can be reduced &/or ever eliminated without raising revenues.....and that has to be in the form of raising taxes. Anyone who says they want to reduce deficit spending and/or reduce the national debt.....and they are against raising taxes....is disingenuous at best, and intellectually dishonest at worst! (or they could simply be bat shit crazy)

Could part of the mess that we are in right now be the result of Bush fighting 2 wars, and cutting taxes at the very same time? Nobody in their right mind would do that......and it never happened before in the history of the USA. Just sayin'! Just like George HW Bush inherited the shitty mess that Reagan's supply side economics (Reaganomics) left the nation by the time he left office......Obama has inherited the mess that "W" left for him.....and since there is little or no cooperation between the executive and legislative branches (especially re. The House), Obama's situation is even stickier! :2 cents:

Oh yeah, before anyone makes such "intelligent" assumptions about me, as many tend to do on here.......I'm not, and I've never really been an Obama fan.....and I've been fairly disappointed in his leadership (or lack thereof)......the only thing is that he sure as Hell is a sight better than the douchebag he replaced......and my reasons for being disappointed in him are genuine, and I'm sure they are the polar opposite of those on the right.......and certainly not the main reason that the "tea baggers" don't like him.......namely that he's black!!!!!! Hell, the south still hasn't gotten over losing the civil war.......I guess it would be expecting too much of people of the same ilk to get over the fact that there is in fact a black man (though the racists will point out that his mother was white.....in an effort to "prove" that they are not racist) in the White House in less than 3 years! Ha ha ha!

Good Post. Not a bad summary

You specify the House specifically not cooperating and I think they are just 1/3 of the problem, the President and the Senate are the other two. You can point a finger at any of them and be right, but it takes two to tango.

You may be right on the racist thing re: "tea baggers", but I'm not bought into that explanation. I think it is mostly partisan politics and quite a bit of ignorance. (Still...I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just not bought into the racial thing. Tough to nail down the Tea Party, since it isnt' fully defined.)

Obama certainly inherited a mess from Bush. The war in Iraq, the tax cuts, and squandering a surplus being the biggest failures. However, that is how I judge Bush, not Obama. I judge Obama by what he does. Clinton said it takes 5 years to pull out of a financial situation like we have had and that sounds right to me.

I think Obama is going to win. He seems to have lost the confidence of most of the country, but ABO is not running against him. Once you put a name against Obama, he should win.

I would like to see a stronger candidate running. If Chris Christie was running I would give him a look.

Facetious

Moderated
He's been talking about raising taxes on the wealthy since the beginning of his presidential campaign. This is hardly a secret. In each of the presidential debates he was quite candid about it. And despite that the majority of this nation's wealthiest voters voted for him.

He said that he wouldn't raise taxes on the highest earners before he said that he would... remember? :cool:

Originally Posted by Icecold322
To be fair, just because bush was at his ranch doesn't mean that he was goofin off.... don't you remember all of those fly in meetings that took place on the ranch after 9/11? I do.

He said that he wouldn't raise taxes on the highest earners before he said that he would... remember? :cool:

I don't. Show us ProF ace.

(Methinks you're one of those people who heard what you wanted to hear. Like those who claimed he would end the Afghanistan war when he said the literal opposite. But I'll reserve further for your proof.)

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

I don't care. Niether of them knew what they were doing.

Still he should have brought it up at the fundraiser instead of brown-nosing.

Don't confuse Wille E Worm with the facts about which presidents have spent the most time on vacation.

Popup troll :troll:

Originally Posted by Icecold322

To be fair, just because bush was at his ranch doesn't mean that he was goofin off.... don't you remember all of those fly in meetings that took place on the ranch after 9/11? I do.

Yes ;)

And I agree. However that's not how Will Worm looks at it. He's implying because Obama goes on vacation somehow he isn't doing his job. A presidential vacation is not the same as a vacation that you and I go on. The president is never off the clock.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
And I agree. However that's not how Will Worm looks at it. He's implying because Obama goes on vacation somehow he isn't doing his job. A presidential vacation is not the same as a vacation that you and I go on. The president is never off the clock.

Obama is out of his mind. You too. :1orglaugh

Facetious

Moderated
Bill Clinton: No more taxes now

By MJ LEE | 9/21/11

Former President Bill Clinton says now is not the time to hike taxes.

“I personally don’t believe we ought to be raising taxes or cutting spending, either one, until we get this economy off the ground,” Clinton told Newsmax in an interview Tuesday. “This has been a dead flat economy.”
Clinton, who is hosting the Clinton Global Initiative’s annual meeting in New York City this week, said that until the country’s debt is reduced, he doesn’t believe cutting or raising taxes or boosting spending are the solution to bringing the country to a full employment economy.

“If we cut government spending, which I normally would be very inclined to do when the deficit’s this big, with interest rates already near zero, you can’t get the benefits out of it,” Clinton said. “So what I’d like to see them do is come up with abipartisan approach, starting with the payroll tax cuts because they have the biggest return.”
source

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Don't attack other members! :nono:

You might want to work on the whole blase/dismissiveness thing also. :2 cents:

But, what are ya gonna do? :dunno:

You're right, I might think about letting the moderators know about this. :clap:

I see the trolls are working over time. :facepalm::troll:

Speaking of fat cats someone kick Holder's useless ass to the corner.

Eric Holder needs to be deported.