• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL'13/'14 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I don't post much in any of the sports threads on FO. I don't believe that posting activity makes one a true fan.

My comment was made because of my general disdain for all sports teams from St. Louis. If the Hawks had anyone else on the brink of elimination, I wouldn't be posting. But since it's the Blues, and Chicago came back from an 0-2 deficit... well, I had to say something.

And I did make a post when the series was 0-2.

Touche'. And congratulations. The Hawks are the better team. Maybe one of these years we can figure out a way to beat you guys.

In the meantime, there's no crying in hockey so time for me to move on once the Wild get eliminated (and my only interest in them is due to all the former Aeros they have on their roster).

Hey Scott....where the hell is Jason Zucker? This Wild offense would benefit greatly from him being a part of it. Kuemper has been awesome so far tonight. Go Aeros....er, I mean Wild. ;) :D

I usually stay up on current affairs (reading my local Pioneer Press) regularly but haven't the last couple months. I don't know what's up with JZ but the progress from guys like Coyle and Granny has been nice. I don't really expect us to get out of this series but if we don't pull it out in 7 our younger (the aforementioned and of course Nino, Brodin, Kuemper et al) guys are getting some good experience

Jagger69

^
Fuck that! Win the fucking series, would ya?? :mad::dunno::mad:

BTW, Zucker is on IR and out for the season. That sucks.

Jagger69

:1orglaugh I had to laugh after seeing self-styled hockey-genius Patrick Roy outsmart himself by yanking Varlamov with over 2:30 left in the game and down by only a goal. Earlier in the series, Roy used the risky tactic to score the tying goal that the Avs later won in OT. However, last night the Wild tossed 2 pucks into the Avs' empty net and inflated the score of an otherwise very close game to a 5-2 ending. Live by the sword and die by it, Patrick!!

Now it's down to game #7 so all bets are off. Anything can happen. I like the Wild's chances.

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
Wings with the body shot to the Leafs playoff hopes. Can't believe Detroit is still in the hunt. Would love to finish 7th and get a healthy Zetterberg and Datsyuk against an overrated Pittsburgh team. They don't scare anybody.
I'll have Malkin and Fleury send Henrik and Pavel a postcard from the second round. Welcome to the Eastern Conference. :facepalm:

Roy came off quite stupid in media after the game. Wild have a fair shot to win I guess. 50/50.

Personally I would love to be able to see them at least another four games, and perhaps more. They've been fun to watch and are busting their asses.

BTW, wtf happened to the poor Sharks? Poor franchise has great support but never can seem to elevate their game to Cup status. I think they win game 7 though at the Tank and wouldn't mind a Ducks-Sharks semi.

Game 7 tonight, bitches.

I have to admit though that I had a dream last night that we were getting beat 4-0 and then later 6-1. In all seriousness I had that dream. I don't know if it was an omen or not...

I do expect that the Avs win this, and possibly win it decisively, but I just hope it's a great game.

Choke. Noun. The rare grouping of Sharks. The Kings encountered a choke of Sharks.

Niederreiter with one of the nastiest NHL goals I've ever seen in my entire life. Then again that's probably the homer in me. :)

And eh, I have to say that fucking Heater-Brodziak-Nino line was FUCKING FANTASTIC tonight. Just brilliant. This game was just so back-and-forth - truly an instant NHL classic. Such a roller coaster.

The Hawks series should be quite a good one.

Choking+Sharks.png

lIP8ZIn.jpg

5/8. My preseason pick remains alive and I'm sticking with it (Kings over Penguins). Revised second-round picks:

Chicago over Minnesota
Los Angeles over Anaheim (should be a VERY physical series; I expect to see Dustin Brown going at Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry all series long (which could be seven games))
Boston over Montreal (this kills me; les Canadiens have such grit and heart, but the Bruins are a perfectly built playoff machine right now)
Pittsburgh over New York (the Pens are probably a bit lucky that they're not facing the Flyers instead; the Rangers should be an easier task)

Someone said. "Grit and heart" in the same breath as "Montreal". Where should I mail the dictionary?

Jagger69

Niederreiter with one of the nastiest NHL goals I've ever seen in my entire life. Then again that's probably the homer in me. :)

And eh, I have to say that fucking Heater-Brodziak-Nino line was FUCKING FANTASTIC tonight. Just brilliant. This game was just so back-and-forth - truly an instant NHL classic. Such a roller coaster.

The Hawks series should be quite a good one.

Did I not call this one?? How about some props for an Aeros fan picking this??!! Fuck you, Roy!!! Love it....only solace I can take since the Blues have been dispatched. Now, my fondest fantasy would be for a "wild" upset of the defending Stanley Cup champions in round 2. Let's go Aeros....er, Wild. :D :thumbsup:

Oh....and Sharks choke was the only collapse that could upstage the Blues debacle so that makes me feel a bit better even though I HATE the fucking Kings!!!

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
While I hope the Bruins win it, it would be so sweet to win it up in the Great White North.

While I hope the Bruins win it, it would be so sweet to win it up in the Great White North.

Are you Canadian, feller?

I would agree with you if it were any team besides Montreal. Most Canadians want the cup hoisted in Canada, but not at the expense of listening to Habs fans gloat even more than they already do. Ugh. Boston better take it.

Are you Canadian, feller?

I would agree with you if it were any team besides Montreal. Most Canadians want the cup hoisted in Canada, but not at the expense of listening to Habs fans gloat even more than they already do. Ugh. Boston better take it.

That all depends on what side of Canada you're on. I'm in the western part so I can deal with Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg winning the cup. Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto can never win the cup. An Edmonton bias.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
Not a Canadian. Haven't visited there since '72. Bs fan, but I liked the MacKenzie Brothers and Rush. Oh, and Triumph too.

Status
Not open for further replies.