• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Metal Music

Wuts ur Favorite metal band????

• Metallica

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Slipknot

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Pantera

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Other(post the name of the band plz)

Votes: 43 38.7%

• Total voters
Metallica were the best Metal Band on the Planet until the Death of Cliff Burton. Slayer are great, but the only time I've seen them live they sucked...
Pantera were good as well. Slipknot are fun to listen to, but it seems like they will dissolve in the foreseeable future... Of course there are lot of good Bands around now: Fear Factory/Amon Amarth/Paradise Lost/In Flames/Hypocrisy and many others. And not to be forgotten the best Metal Band of all Time: Iron Maiden

But my personal Favourites are Type O Negative

Metallica were the best Metal Band on the Planet until the Death of Cliff Burton. Slayer are great, but the only time I've seen them live they sucked...

ditto on the metallica statement. now, when and where did you see slayer? ive only seen them four times, but every time they were unbelievable!!!

yeah i thought slayer were great live, 2004 Donnington festival.

when was this? because in the summer, they were at ozzfest with priest. now thats a metal show!!! i wish i went. and who else was on the donnington bill? is it still called the monsters of rock?

Kreator, Pantera, children of bodom, and pretty much everything everyone else said.

Fear Factory until dino lefted, or was that kicked out. not sure on that one, i guess it depends on who you speak to. Rammstein fucking kick arse.

I voted Pantera cause I will always love em, but my favorite all time band is carcass, closely followed by machine head. I like a lot of death/grindcore type stuff, as long as it's clean and has rhythm, not that screechy, bunch-of-toddlers-banging-on-instruments that a lot of people like to call metal. I really hate black metal, and sissy pop metal like metallica and *shudder* I've even heard linkin park called metal. Ack.

I don't listen to much metal but Metallica is my favorite. But old school Metallica.

That's probably the gayest poll ever! These 3 bands are probably the worst choices to represent Metal... Slipknot are pure commercial crap and I wouldnt even consider them like Metal, Pantera are very bad and Metallica's lastest album is pure crap! BTW, what are you doing on this board? Seeing your musical taste and writting you are not an adult yet... Its obvious...

I voted other! (Either Iron Maiden, Helloween, Dream Theater or X-Japan for me...), but I also listen to a lot of other bands like Judas Priest, Accept, Blind Guardian, Icewind, Sequence, Gamma Ray, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Queensryche, Pink Cream 69, Yngwie Malmsteen, Loudness, Vow Wow, Rush, Children Of Bodom, Falconer, Angra, Hibria, Dream Evil, Black Majesty, Saxon, Opeth, Pagan's Mind, Ezo, Communic, Bruce Dickinson, Cellador, Dark Tranquility, Seikima-II, Vicious Rumors, Deep Purple, Death, Arch Enemy, ...

Yep I know, this thread is old...

MRPIMPN4EVA

Banned
"Obey your Master!!!!"

Metallica haven't been a Metal - Band since 1988. Pantera were good though.

Iron Maiden are probably the best Metal - Band ever, followed by Slayer.

I also like In Flames, Amon Amarth, Immortal, Type O Negative, Dimmu Borgir and many others...

Metal Forever!

MRPIMPN4EVA

Banned
Black Sabbath birthed all these bands anyway.

and somewhere behind tool, just to add some list panic:

voivod (rip piggy)
meshuggah
maiden (first 5 albums)
old black sabbath with ozzy
rush (ok, not totally metal, but near)
maudlin of the well (awesome crazy shit)
entombed
bolt thrower
type o negative (first 3 albums. the new one will be stunning again)
threshold
morgana lefay
jane's addiction
metal church (first 5 albums)

is an endless list, even if i am today more in jazz, electronic, singer/songwriter, alternative, indie and blues.

i must ensist that everyone get the new KILLSWITCH ENGAGE cd "daylight dies" it is the best cd from start to finish that i have ever heard. obviously i am a fan of the band so my decision will be swayed a little bit
their last cd is also a great one along with SHADOWS FALL stuff too

@whalers90: just to be sure what you're taste is like - what was the best cd you heard before?