• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Metal Music

Wuts ur Favorite metal band????

• Metallica

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Slipknot

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Pantera

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Other(post the name of the band plz)

Votes: 43 38.7%

• Total voters
i must ensist that everyone get the new KILLSWITCH ENGAGE cd "daylight dies" it is the best cd from start to finish that i have ever heard. obviously i am a fan of the band so my decision will be swayed a little bit
their last cd is also a great one along with SHADOWS FALL stuff too

i feel sorry for you.

Black Babbath is #1 at anytime

Stonner Metal is where the parties at though:

Kyuss, Sleep, YOB, Electric Wizard, Neurosis, Saint Vitus, Sons of Otis, Boris, UFO Mammut, Big Business, High on Fire, Kalas, The Obssessed, Bongzilla, Unearthly Trance, Eyehategod, Queens of the Stone Age, Mondo Generator, Unida, The Sword, Orange Goblin, Acid King, Cathedral, Melvins, Clutch, OM

Can't forget the others though:
Slayer, Mastadon, Metallica, Lamb of God, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Motorhead, Lair of the Minataur, Sepultura, Children of Bodem, Rage

I would consider this a pretty good list if I do say so myself

Kyuss, Sleep, YOB, Electric Wizard, Neurosis, Saint Vitus, Sons of Otis, Boris, UFO Mammut, Big Business, High on Fire, Kalas, The Obssessed, Bongzilla, Unearthly Trance, Eyehategod, Queens of the Stone Age, Mondo Generator, Unida, The Sword, Orange Goblin, Acid King, Cathedral, Melvins, Clutch, OM

Slayer, Mastadon, Metallica, Lamb of God, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Motorhead, Lair of the Minataur, Sepultura, Children of Bodem, Rage

what is stoner metal? and what do you mean "you cant forget the rest" than mention slayer, metallica, pantera, sepultura, etc...

also, queens of the stone age? :1orglaugh

josh homme (guitarist/singer for queens of the stone age) was one of the first pioneers of stoner metal. He used to plug his guitar into a bass amp to get better distortion. His frist band, Kyuss, is the most influencial stoner metal band, and both 'Songs for the Deaf' and 'Rated R' are essencial stoner metal CD's. The first three QOTSA CD's are amazing, and yes their fourth album was a let down. They are amazing non the less though, just give any of the first three CD's a listen, or Kyuss, or Dessert session to see Josh Homme's talent

By 'and don't forget the rest,' I was mentioning metal bands that weren't a part of 'stoner metal' because stoner metal refers to slow tempo sludge or doom metal, you can get some really dark sounds from this, listen to 'hand of doom' by Black Sabbath.

I love all types of metal but stoner metal generates the most original and hard hitting riffs

who are your favorite metal bands 'iamforever?'

when it comes to the newer generation of metal bands, there are only a few that i like. arch enemy comes to mind first. when i saw mudvayne at ozzfest 2005, i became a fan. and even though i dont consider lacuna coil metal, (they are listed as a metal band) i will add them to the list.

im more of an 80's metal person. slayer, maiden, sepultura, dio, priest. pantera was around in the eighties. but, pantera would be more 90's. then there is zombie(when did la sexorcisto come out?), metallica, would guns n roses be considered metal? also a couple of "hair" bands like dokken and wasp with motley crue. but, the one band that i say that love and usually gets a laugh is skid row. 18 and life is one of my favorite songs and i personally think that slave to the grid was an excellent album. even though i have omitted them so far, i just want to say that one cannot be a metal fan without liking black sabbath. :bowdown:

dave_rhino

Closed Account

Stoner Rock all the way :banger:, although i don't like the name 'stoner rock' much seeing as it doesn't have much to do with being high... Like Nick Oliveri once said "i don't even smoke weed".

Kyuss are an awesome band, and Queens of the Stone Age's riffs are right up there with the likes of Black Sabbath.

Iron Cow, have you ever heard of a band called Clutch? You'd probably like them. TA lot of their videos/live stuff is on youtube if you wanna hear um.

josh homme (guitarist/singer for queens of the stone age) was one of the first pioneers of stoner metal.

Try Blue Cheer. I seriously mean no offense but plugging a guitar into a bass amp is not pioneering. It has been done before. Kyuss was an excellent band :2 cents:, saw them live twice.

No, this was in Montreal a looong time ago. I also saw QOTSA on their first two tours, about $10 each show. Good times!

Next show for me is Heaven & Hell, got my tickets and just waiting. Gonna be cool to finally see DIO!

No good Shows here until Wacken!

Hey Dave, wher did you get that moshing Smiley?

dave_rhino

Closed Account
same here. i just hope that ozzfest will bounce back after last year's sub par lineup.:2 cents:

Man you should see what shit i have to put up with at Donnington (aka monsters of rock) this year, My Chemical Romance and fucking Linkin Park, grrr...

Luckily i also get to see Slayer again, and Iron Maiden. Plus Marilyn Manson, i'm not really a fan of his music but he puts on one hell of a live show.

I dunno why, but Slayer are actually playing BEFORE My Chemical Romance! Rock legends supporting wuss-rock toddlers :1orglaugh makes no sense to me.

Hey Dave, wher did you get that moshing Smiley?

Jus type : banger : without the spaces :banger:

Man you should see what shit i have to put up with at Donnington (aka monsters of rock) this year, My Chemical Romance and fucking Linkin Park, grrr...
:eek:

Luckily i also get to see Slayer again, and Iron Maiden.
on the same bill?!:eek:

I dunno why, but Slayer are actually playing BEFORE My Chemical Romance! Rock legends supporting wuss-rock toddlers :1orglaugh makes no sense to me.

i know what they are doing. at ozzfest 1999, slayer went on before the deftones:pukey: . at the time i thought, what the fuck?! but after slayers set, we were so tired and ready to leave. thats when i realized that the deftones set, was time to nap and gain energy back for rob zombie and sabbath. :thumbsup:

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
i know what they are doing. at ozzfest 1999, slayer went on before the deftones:pukey: . at the time i thought, what the fuck?! but after slayers set, we were so tired and ready to leave. thats when i realized that the deftones set, was time to nap and gain energy back for rob zombie and sabbath. :thumbsup:

They can't have all the good bands all at once! Would be fuckin exhausting!!!

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i dont know what you guys are talking about, but Hanson is the best metal band of all time!