• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

May 1, 2010: Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Who wins?

• Total voters
Schaefer: 4 Million buys possible for Mayweather-Mosley

On Wednesday, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer told the media*that before the record-setting fight between Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather in 2007, he predicted*a buyrate number that would*break all pay-per-view records - and he was right.

Prior to*last year's Mayweather vs. Marquez*pay-per-view,*the media laughed at* Schaefer when he made a bold buyrate prediction of at least 1 million*- and he was right again.

"I am not going to say that we are going to break the all time pay-per-view record. I am not going to say we are going to do 3 million either. 4 million pay-per-view buys are possible," Schaefer said.

Schaefer said*Mayweather-Mosley is the most heavily promoted fight in history. Because of all the different media*and retail outlets who are involved in the event's promotion,*and the fight's presence in movie theatres - Schaefer believes the astronomical number of 4 million is possible.

A look back at Floyd Mayweather Jr's last defeat

Mayweather-Mosley: Fighters talk at Vegas grand arrivals

Mayweather-Mosley: Detailed CompuBox numbers review

Shane Mosley Promises To Go "For a Knockout" Win

WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley is not taking chances in his upcoming fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. He wants to end the fight in the strongest way possible, by keeping the outcome away from the judges and ending things with a strong knockout.

"I go for a knockout, but I'll be shocked to see him just laying there on his back like that. Happy, but shocked," Mosley told Reuters. "When the fight starts, I'm going to go out there, I'm going to throw some traps here and there, touch him here and there, see what's going on. I'll probably be able to tell from the first bell what kind of fight it's going to be."

After reviewing a lot of Mayweather's past fights, Mosley believes "Money May" might have issues with fighters who use a good left hand. One fight he watched a number of times was Mayweather's 2007 split decision win over Oscar De La Hoya. Mayweather was troubled in the fight by De La Hoya's left jab.

"It's been proven. Not just Oscar, but other fighters. Some of the southpaws fought him pretty good with their left hands. So maybe it's not a jab, maybe it's just a left hand," Mosley said.

"But that's just one strategy. I can't just base my fight on throwing a jab. You have to be ready for a bunch of different things, because you're fighting a special fighter."

ESPN.com: 12 Rounds

A highly in-depth analysis of the upcoming fight. This has correctly chosen the winner for the last few fights.

De La Hoya/Pacquiao: Pacquiao wins inside 10 rounds (Actual result: Pacquiao TKO 8)

Pacquiao/Cotto: Pacquiao TKO 11 (Actual result: Pacquiao TKO 12)

Mayweather/Mosley: Mayweather decision

I might have to go for Floyd on this one. Although I'd rather prefer to see a Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight.

The official weights are in!
Mosley: 147
Mayweather: 146

As always, I will provide updates and results throughout the night. Start time is 9:00 ET. Again, the broadcasters will be:
HBO PPV (US)
SKY (UK)
Main Event (Australia)
Sky (New Zealand)
TyC Sports (Argentina)

Mayweather-Mosley: Boxers, Celebs, Trainers Predictions

In the first bout of the evening,*lightweight contender Luis Ramos (15-0, 8 KOs) stopped Allen Litzau, the brother of Jason, in the second round. Litzau was dropped in the second and the rocked again before the ref waved off the fight.

The PPV has started and the first fight is in the books!

Said Ouali TKO 1 Hector David Saldivia

Second fight is done: Daniel Ponce de Leon W 10 Cornelius Lock

Scores:
96-94
97-93
96-94
All for Daniel Ponce de Leon.

I had it for Ponce de Leon, 99-91.

Up next: the co-feature bout, Saul Alvarez vs. Jose Miguel Cotto

The co-feature bout is done! Saul Alvarez TKO 9 Jose Miguel Cotto

I had it scored for Alvarez, 79-72.

Up next: The main event!

Shane down on a slip in the first round, hit by Mayweather on the way down - shaken afterwards - not a good start for Mosley, unfortunately

And it is all over!

Floyd Mayweather W 12 Shane Mosley

Judges scores:
119-109 (x2)
118-110
I scored it 119-109 for Mayweather