• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Maryland Death Penalty: Lawmakers Approve Measure To Ban Capital Punishment

Mayhem

Banned
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15/maryland-death-penalty_n_2885162.html

The Maryland General Assembly approved a measure Friday to repeal the state's death penalty.

The House of Delegates voted 82 to 56 Friday to pass a bill already approved by the Senate, according to the AP. Maryland makes the 18th state to ban capital punishment.

Gov. Martin O'Malley (D) is expected to sign the bill.

The AP reports:

Supporters of repeal argue that capital punishment is costly, error-prone, racially biased and a poor deterrent. Opponents say it's a necessary tool to punish those who commit the most egregious crimes.
Maryland has five men on death row, though the measure approved Friday makes it clear the governor can commute their sentences to life in prison. The state's last execution took place in 2005, during the administration of Republican Gov. Robert Ehrlich.

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
How about reinstate capital punishment and allow the murderer only 1 appeal instead of 1.2 million of them. Get it right the first time, then get punished. This just reenforces that you can get away with murder in Maryland.

Mayhem

Banned
How about reinstate capital punishment and allow the murderer only 1 appeal instead of 1.2 million of them. Get it right the first time, then get punished. This just reenforces that you can get away with murder in Maryland.

My stance is get rid of the death penalty...and the basketball courts, weight benches, ping pong tables and concerts. If they want to do anything but stare at a wall, they can read a book, get their GED, degree, whatever. I'm talking about the prison system as a whole.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
I just sincerely hope that all the motherfuckers that said they were going to move out of the state because of this actually do it. I'd love the reduced traffic.

Nice move, Maryland :thumbsup:

Those who say that some criminals deserve to die because of the terrible thing they did are wrong : Death would be too soft for these guys.
If I had to choose between lifetime in prion and death, I'd go for death. Decades in jail without any hope of being freed one day or another, that would be just horrible.

Most of us cherrish their freedom more than anything else so, guys, imagine being denied your freedom without any hope of getting it back but still having to live your life. Now, tell me : Wouldn't rather die than live such a life ?

Good to see.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I think everyone knows how I feel about this. Hopefully, other states will follow Maryland's enlightened lead on this and pass similar legislation. Too bad Texas won't likely be one of them but we will continue to keep working toward that end.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

True.

Hope they don't do away with it.

If they do I hope to see mass murders and crime in Maryland. :elaugh:

I know you're weak in mind, but let's just reflect on what you just said here. You hope to see mass murder of fellow citizens of your nation. You hope for that, why, exactly? To prove your point? You're so small minded that you're comfortable wishing mass murder on a population of innocents in order to prove your stance on something is correct?

You're so small minded that you're comfortable wishing mass murder on a population of innocents in order to prove your stance on something is correct?
Who cares bout a few US citizens being killed, as long as it proves will is right, it's fun for everyone !
:facepalm:

Hey, Will, why don't you move to Maryland and prove you're right by yourself ? Oops, sorry, I forgot you're too pussy for that
The same way you claim to care about the Militia being the people but say you're not part of it...
The same way you can't stop calling Obama a traitor and a dictator, say that the 2nd amendment has bne granted to the people to defend themselves against dictators but you do nothing to get rid of him except calling for impeachment.

You're just the kind of guy who likes to live in a free country, but when freedom is attacked, wait for someone else to defend it while you just sit on your ass, eating donuts and watching the fights live on CNN

JaanaRuutu

Official Checked Star Member
True.

Hope they don't do away with it.

So you support terrorism?

I really hope they've got you on some kind of watch list somewhere. The more you post the more obvious it is you're a threat to yourself and others.

Yes, he does

As you said,
extreme Conservatives in the US and Islamist Extremists are the same fucking people, just different colors, and the only reason they hate each other is because they call each call their god a different name

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

I really hope they've got you on some kind of watch list somewhere. The more you post the more obvious it is you're a threat to yourself and others.

I am not a threat nor am I for terrorism.

You like big government and hate freedom. Terrible.

Watchout will, there's a drone on your lawn !

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Nah, I hate jackasses that thing innocent Americans should die just so you can be proven right, you twisted loon.

That is why doing away with the death penalty is a bad thing.

If people die, it will be the lawmakers in Maryland's fault.

Not to prove anyone's point. They just don't want to do their job.

Just give criminals move power and put everyone else in danger.