• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Iron Maiden or Van Halen

Iron Maiden or Van Halen

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • Van Halen

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I didn't see the selection for "They both suck" so I couldn't in good conscience choose either.

Maiden

I used to play in a heavy rock band. The night of October 28 1989 in the Cambridge Sea-Cadets Hall, we covered Paul Dianno's then band "Battlezone"! Battlezone stuffed socks down their leather trousers before kicking us out of the backstage room to take drugs... lol

I played keyboard, not a "heavy" instrument. We got some heckling from the audience when we started our set until we went into Heavy Metal Thunder and then we got respect :thefinger

Gotta JUMP to Van Halen! :thefinger

I don't "hate" Van Halen nor do I think they're posers/suckass/insertyourderogativehere.
Van Halen had talent.
I just never did find them "special" though.

They are no comparison to Iron Maiden.

"Iron Maiden can't be fought, Iron Maiden can't be sought."
UP THE IRONS!!! :D

vote is in for van halen
especially because jump and ain't talkin bout dub
You mean "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love", right?
'Ain't talkin' 'bout dub' was a remix of the original by Apollo 440.

cheers,

Iron maiden without any hesitation!

UP THE IRONS!!

Iron Maiden, but I'd like to see them with Blaze Bayley on vocals. He's always been a favourite of mine, highly under-rated singer. Seen them on the "Dance of Death" tour, down in Dublin, and they brought the house down, but I'd like a change of pace, back to the stuff from "The X Factor" and "Virtual XI".

Iron Maiden, but I'd like to see them with Blaze Bayley on vocals. He's always been a favourite of mine, highly under-rated singer. Seen them on the "Dance of Death" tour, down in Dublin, and they brought the house down, but I'd like a change of pace, back to the stuff from "The X Factor" and "Virtual XI".

To each is their own, but Blaze was the worst thing ever to happen to Iron Maiden. Nothing personal just my thoughts. Some of Blaze's best songs with Iron Maiden were IMO "Sign of the Cross" and "The Clansman". I do feel however that Bruce does a much better job singing those songs.

Sign of the Cross with Bruce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBanU-AHMqg

The Clansman with Bruce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaJKDYZ-n38

I dunno, I've heard Bruce doing "Man on the Edge" and "Futureal", and they just didn't feel the same. The Blaze period was vastly different to 'regular' Maiden, but I'd say it was leagues better than the DiAnno period (though I do enjoy those albums too). I'd also take Blaze over the latest album any day, "Matter of Life and Death" was just, well, boring.

Roth w/ Van Halen was awesome.

Iron Maiden = awesome.

I can't make that call as I like both of those bands

i grew up with both...and loved both
i was going to say VH but after that Gary Sharone embarassment......
they haven't done anything relevant in a LONG time, the few new songs they did with Sammy were good. but now Sammy has moved onto CHICKENFOOT... check it out if you haven't done so yet.
Maiden lost me after a Seventh son of a seventh son (or whatever it was)
but recently on my HD channels they have a live concert channel and like everyday there is MAIDEN and they rock live. i have never seen them live so that does suck for me.

SO MY CHOICE: MAIDEN