• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

how do i be come a photographer

CamilleCrimson

Official Checked Star Member
I'd say just start by taking courses, finding your style, then find models who will shoot with you in exchange for photos to put in their portfolios/on their blogs, then post some of your material (with the model's consent, of course) on adult forums and see if someone takes the bait.

Buy a camera and start taking pictures. On a serious note you may want to find a photographer already working in the industry, maybe at conventions or contact details in magazines or on websites.

i will be starting college in the summer, and i was hoping to get into adult photography as will.

Do a lot of free work first to build a portfolio. Work weddings and other events in your city. Lots of bars want good pictures for their website. Drive around and take pictures of everything. People, kids, animals, bugs, storms, concerts, sports events, etc. Contact your local newspaper and do freelance stuff for them. If you're good enough they'll hire you full time. Get a good camera. The Nikon D3X is what you want. Always have a backup camera too and a backup backup. Learn your camera and lenses inside and out. You don't want a once in a lifetime picture ruined because you don't know how to use it. Carry a camera everywhere you go. You never know when the million dollar shot will come up.

After college try sending a few emails to a few adult movie/magazine companies...you never know

is there a magazine that photographs Gothic models?

SpexyAshleigh

Study study study. Technology is always changing, but there is alot of basic stuff that most people never take the time to learn. There are too many asshats with good camera's claiming to be photographers but doing a shit job at it because they think having a DSLR will give them good photos. Learn about all the functions on your camera, learn about proper lighting, and learn everything you can about post-shoot editing. Color balancing, and proper photoshop skills can make all the difference. Try apprenticing with a local photographer, even unpaid, to learn how things go, and gain the valuable experience you need. Shoot with someone who does portraits, there you'll learn all about lighting a scene, and how to light different people. Take some photoshop courses as well.

I'm a professional photographer and seriously there is nothing more irritating to us than the dumbass pervs on MM who claim to be professional photographers but their images are absolute crap and their portfolio consists of lame B&W nudies. Once you've gotten a feel for things and have learned alot, branch out into different styles and concepts...don't limit yourself and like I said...study. Learn. Experiment. And please for the love of god, don't turn into one of those dbags on MM lol.

thanks everyone your all awsome.
i am trained to use a SLR and i have many pictures i just want to no what i have to do next like is there any special paper work i need or anything and what sort of people do i have get in touch with

thanks dude! i have a deep fascination with Gothic Subculture.

Join the club although admittedly I don't have any piercings or tattoos although I tend to think this is a personal choice down to the individual. I love gothic trinkets though and have a human sized skull/water fountain where the water drips out of the mouth, one of the best things i ever found on eBay although it's in storage at the moment as I'm between places. Try vampirefreaks and deviant art websites as well :glugglug:

geraldsaunders

i want to be a adult photographer what do i have to do to get my name out there

Practice makes perfect.
Before you jump into doing adult work, hone your photography skills in general. Obviously, more focused on modeling type shoots, but get the skills of lighting, use of camera (both still & video), and good posing of the model(s).

Finding girls to shoot, THAT is another story, depending upon where you live (in your case, I see in the UK). Connecting with the talent, finding new girls, etc...can be a challenge, but...that's why developing your craft as a skilled shooter is more important to do first. Getting good results, will help spread the word among other potential girls to shoot with.

Also, another thing to consider - that you didn't really state - is...are you looking to HIRE models, or for companies to hire YOU?
Big difference between the two.
;-)

Join the club although admittedly I don't have any piercings or tattoos although I tend to think this is a personal choice down to the individual. I love gothic trinkets though and have a human sized skull/water fountain where the water drips out of the mouth, one of the best things i ever found on eBay although it's in storage at the moment as I'm between places. Try vampirefreaks and deviant art websites as well :glugglug:

vampirefreaks is awesome i have an account on there. haven't been there in a while.