• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Favorite Hot Sauce

What's your favorite Hot Sauce?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
What's your favorite hot sauce? I'm currently halfway through a bottle of Huy Fong sriracha. I'm making a tray of Buffalo chicken burritos for a Christmas party and plan to use Frank's Red Hot wing sauce. I kept the poll to widely distributed brands, but I like some of the more obscure ones, too.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Mc.Ilhenny's Tabasco sauce.

On a side note, I always thought that the Chinese mustard that you get in those little packages from Chinese restaurants was always good too.

I got some kind of ghost pepper sauce at Cost Plus that's totally KILLER (especially half an hour after consumption)! :Flame:

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
I personally really like Tapatio hot sauce.. I dig the flavor best.

xfire

I like trying new hot sauces and there's some pretty exotic stuff out there. That ghost pepper stuff has to be ridiculous. A friend of mine brought me a bottle of Scotch Bonnet pepper sauce back from Jamaica that was really outstanding.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i like hot sauces. i always have a big variety on hand because i like switching between them throughout the meal. i could never commit to just one.

as far as your list goes, i do have tabasco which isnt a real favourite (a bit too vinegary) but it does pair well on some nostalgic foods. clam chowder nom nom nom. it has its place but it is a little overpowering.

i also like having louisiana crystal on hand from these red rice and black bean and cheese burritos i make. it pairs so good with them.

i also have a few of these bullsnort fuckers from a shitty gift pack i got. they arent bad though. usually hot sauce is just good no matter how shitty it is. that habenero one is hot but not awful. its not bad. the 3 pepper one is best. i broke the green one (what a fucking mess that was) but it was ok from what i remember.

someone gave me like a liter bottle of tapatio that i have too. not a big fan but its ok on eggs here and there. im burning out on it. a little overrated i think but its ok. pretty mild and not too strong.

shit, i prolly have more too.

cholula is that wooden topped on they have in restaurants, no? eh, not a big fan. franks is everywhere, too vinegary. i rememeber getting hooked on red devil for a little bit but i dont recall much on that.

sriracha now.. thats an interesting one and very popular suddenly. first time i had it, i hated it. was too garlicy. but i had it recently again... it was a lot better. i dont have it on hand though. id like to try some more of it. tip: mix it with mayo. nom nom nom. sushi bar secret!

Louisiana's Original is missing from the list. It's the only hot sauce that doesn't taste like a shitload of vinegar and garlic. And I've tried them all.

xfire

I wasn't crazy about sriracha at first, either, but it grows on you. It won me over after I put it on a sub sandwich where it mixed with mayo, surprise, surprise, tasty stuff. Louisiana's Original is a great hot sauce and I usually have a bottle in the fridge. Heat is an important flavor component of most of the stuff I cook.

If you want the best Hot sauce go with Indian stuff. If you want sushi it's Japanese.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
I have to make it my self...the dutch seem to think black pepper is "hot". o_O

I ate at a southwestern chain restaurant last year that sells hot sauces. They have one that, if you want it, they make you sign a waiver releasing them from liability if you hurt yourself with it. I signed the waiver and tried a sample. They brought a small sample cup of it out. I dabbed my finger in it and touched it to my tongue. DAMN. Shit was still burning about an hour later. I took about a pin-head's worth...no more.

Couldn't imagine dousing something in that.

On a similar note, here's a video of the Man v Food guy trying to eat some hot wings. It's pretty funny...he gets two down, and then has to quit. He ends up spraying water on his face and guzzling milk while standing in the freezer of the restaurant.

Dave's Insanity Sauce tastes like shit, but it burns. Protip: rim your beer bottles in any ridiculously hot sauce. Recap and offer to friends. Lol at them.

Louisiana Original is fantastic on everything. Frank's is always reliable. Their extra hot is pretty good too. But if I chose just one, I'm going with sriracha. Homemade chicken fried rice smothered in sriracha is one of my favourite snacks. The saltiness of the soy sauce and garlic/heat of the racha is heavenly.

Bahn Mi is getting pretty popular too. Sriracha and mayo, as others have mentioned.

My Scandinavian blood doesn't generally like too spicy shit. I do like things a little spicy/hot from time to time. That said, whatever cheap ass variety they have at the Dollar Tree I have in my fridge is fine for me.