• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Elizabeth Warren's Star Rises Amid Confrontation

The Penis Mightier

Kameltoe Harris = Poop
Is that dinner at your house? ;)

You fellas can stop by if you like. I'm going to McDonald's for the #4 Double Quarter Pounder w/Cheese Meal, Largest Size, with a Coke please and the rest of you guys can lick the hooker's face. Don't lick too much of that stuff off her face or You Might see her face.

Mayhem

Banned
Agreed. But the question would be, which represents the lesser evil? :dunno:

On the scale of pure evil I put Cruz at 52% and Hillary at 48%. If it's Rand Paul, 60% Paul, 40% Hillary.

Before election day, Romney's wife said absolutely, positively not going to run again. But there are now mutterings to the contrary. I have to admit, Romney 35%, Hillary 65%.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
^^^Yeah, to be honest with you, I'd vote for Romney twice before I'd vote for Hillary once. In fact, if he ran against Obama right now, I'd probably vote for Mittens.

Mayhem

Banned
^^^Yeah, to be honest with you, I'd vote for Romney twice before I'd vote for Hillary once. In fact, if he ran against Obama right now, I'd probably vote for Mittens.

Not me. For all of Obama's shortcomings, let's not forget Mitt's talent for pissing off the world, most notably our friends.

But Hillary will piss everyone off even more.

Honestly, I think Mitt would be the Republican Jimmy Carter. A good man who can't run a country. But I'll take a good man over a bitter wench who can't run a country.

So it all comes back to Liz Warren. To me, she's not just the best choice, but the only choice. BTW, I signed the MoveOn.org petition asking her to run. I hope others will too.

Mayhem

Banned
Warren Can Win

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/16/o...=Full&region=Marginalia&src=me&pgtype=article

Elizabeth Warren’s memoir begins with the story of a family in collapse. She was 12 years old when her father had a heart attack.

His recovery was slow. Unable to work, the family’s finances tanked. The Studebaker was repossessed. When he was able to return to work, Montgomery Ward took away his job selling carpeting and gave him a job selling lawn mowers on commission. Warren asked her mother why the old job was gone. “In her view, his company had robbed him of something he’d worked for. And now, she said, ‘They think he’s going to die.’ ”

The financial spiral had the predictable effect on the family’s emotional life. “Sometimes that spring I would overhear my parents arguing,” Warren remembers, “I guess I shouldn’t describe it as arguing; my father never said much of anything, while my mother yelled louder. They drank more, a lot more. . . . I knew that my mother blamed my daddy for not doing ‘what a man is supposed to do’ and taking care of us.”

Her mother ended up getting a job at Sears, her father got a job as a maintenance man and the family finances stabilized — at a low level. Warren concluded the episode this way: “My mother never had it easy. She fought for everything she and my daddy ever had.”

The memoir is called “A Fighting Chance.” The words “fight” or “fighting” appear in the book 224 times. In high school, Warren writes, she couldn’t play a musical instrument or a sport, “but I did have one talent. I could fight — not with my fists, but with my words. I was the anchor on the debate team.” Of her tennis game she writes, “Once I had a weapon in my hand, I gave it everything I had.”

With relish, she describes a fight she later had with a judge on a panel discussion over bankruptcy law. “The judge probably had a hundred pounds on me, and he started shifting himself closer to the microphone and edging me out of his way. I grabbed the table for leverage and pushed my way to the microphone, going shoulder to shoulder with the judge as I hit back with arguments. . . . I glanced over and noticed with satisfaction that the veins in his neck were throbbing and his face was red and sweating. I wondered briefly whether he might have a stroke right there on the small stage.”

Her biggest adult fight has been against the banks, against what she saw as their rapacious exploitation of the poor and vulnerable. The crucial distinction Warren makes is this one: It’s not just social conditions like globalization and technological change that threaten the middle class. It’s an active conspiracy by the rich and powerful. The game is rigged. The proper response is not just policy-making; it’s indignation and combat.

The political class has been wondering if Warren, a United States senator from Massachusetts, will take on Hillary Clinton for the Democratic presidential nomination. This speculation is usually based on the premise that Warren couldn’t actually win, but that she could move the party in her direction. But, today, even for those of us who disagree with Warren fundamentally, it seems clear that she does have a significant and growing chance of being nominated.

Her chances are rising because of that word “fight.” The emotional register of the Democratic Party is growing more combative. There’s an underlying and sometimes vituperative sense of frustration toward President Obama, and especially his supposed inability to go to the mat.

Events like the Brown case in Ferguson and the Garner case in New York have raised indignation levels across the progressive spectrum. Judging by recent polls, the midterm defeat has not scared Democrats into supporting the safe option; it’s made them angrier about the whole system. As the party slips more into opposition status, with the next Congress, this aggressive outsider spirit will only grow.

In this era of bad feelings, parties are organized more around what they oppose rather than what they are for. Republicans are against government. Democrats are coalescing around opposition to Wall Street and corporate power. In 2001, 51 percent of Democrats were dissatisfied with the rise of corporate power, according to Gallup surveys. By 2011, 79 percent of Democrats were. According to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll last month, 58 percent of Democrats said they believed that the economic and political systems were stacked against them.

Clinton is obviously tough, but she just can’t speak with a clear voice against Wall Street and Washington insiders. Warren’s wing shows increasing passion and strength, both in opposing certain Obama nominees and in last week’s budget fight.

The history of populist candidates is that they never actually get the nomination. The establishment wins. That’s still likely. But there is something in the air. The fundamental truth is that every structural and historical advantage favors Clinton, but every day more Democrats embrace the emotion and view defined by Warren.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Ten things I'd rather do than vote for Hildebeast Clinton or Liewatha Warren:

10) Lick an alligator's face
9) Get stung by a jellyfish...on the balls
8) Spend an hour in a sleeping bag with Barney Frank
7) Chew on a rock for nine hours
6) Drink a bottle of Goldshlagger and then ride a roller coaster
5) Fight a kangaroo while naked
4) shave my man parts with a straight razor
3) Sell Lady Gaga-shaped toilets door-to-door
2) Get a "Bieber Fever" tattoo on my face
1) Dive head first into a swimming pool filled with rocks, hypodermic needles, vipers and lemon juice.

Mayhem

Banned
http://front.moveon.org/dsm_register_ad/
Full-page Des Moines Register ad: 'Elizabeth Warren, Please Run'

As part of our Run Warren Run effort, MoveOn members chipped in to run a full-page ad in today’s Des Moines Register encouraging Elizabeth Warren to run for President. The ad features names of hundreds of Iowa MoveOn members who have signed our petition asking her to run.

Warren ad.JPG

An open letter to Senator Elizabeth Warren

Here’s an excerpt:

So, Senator Warren, we’re making it clear: If you run for president, we’ll be right there with you, helping forge a path from the Iowa Caucuses all the way to the White House. We’ve got your back.

That’s because you’ve had our backs. You’ve stood up for us — America’s students, mothers, retirees, teachers, minimum-wage workers — instead of for the big banks and corporations. You’ve inspired us by your tireless, boundless advocacy for progressive causes, working each day to make America the best-possible place to live, work, and raise a family.

Ten things I'd rather do than vote for Hildebeast Clinton or Liewatha Warren:

10) Lick an alligator's face
9) Get stung by a jellyfish...on the balls
8) Spend an hour in a sleeping bag with Barney Frank
7) Chew on a rock for nine hours
6) Drink a bottle of Goldshlagger and then ride a roller coaster
5) Fight a kangaroo while naked
4) shave my man parts with a straight razor
3) Sell Lady Gaga-shaped toilets door-to-door
2) Get a "Bieber Fever" tattoo on my face
1) Dive head first into a swimming pool filled with rocks, hypodermic needles, vipers and lemon juice.

I'd laugh at that if a liberal posted it about Ted Cruz or Rand Paul ha ha ha ha ha

If she gets to the general election she gets trounced. It's Wendy Davis but on a national scale.

She wouldn't even carry the majority of the Cherokee vote. Personal anecdote: they're laughing at her.

Mayhem

Banned
If she gets to the general election she gets trounced. It's Wendy Davis but on a national scale.

She wouldn't even carry the majority of the Cherokee vote. Personal anecdote: they're laughing at her.

If she gets to the general election she smokes whoever she's running against like a cheap peacepipe. The GOP has no one who won't get Custer'd in the debates.

See what I did there?

2008- it was Hillary's to lose and she loses to BHO

2016- The nomination is Hillary's to lose and if Warren and Cuomo enter the race they are gonna shake up the apple cart again and she may lose. Cuomo mainly because he will split the vote in the NY primary.

Please nominate Hillary, it is obvious that Dems don't really like her and would support her as a last resort and the turnout for her would pale in comparison to Obama's.

2008- it was Hillary's to lose and she loses to BHO

2016- The nomination is Hillary's to lose and if Warren and Cuomo enter the race they are gonna shake up the apple cart again and she may lose. Cuomo mainly because he will split the vote in the NY primary.

Please nominate Hillary, it is obvious that Dems don't really like her and would support her as a last resort and the turnout for her would pale in comparison to Obama's.

Rational and reality based post.

Jeez - a choice between Cuomo and Clinton. Depressing. Cuomo is a hack. No talent and it appears many of my fellow NYers buy into him. I guess they're happy with the taxes here. Clinton is no hack. I'd wish Warren would emerge.
"If wishes were horses..."

But, thank God, America isn't Texas.
On a national scale I don't think Wendy Davis would concede Abbot a 20% margin victory. She might even win

Mayhem

Banned
Clinton isn’t Silicon Valley’s candidate, says Tech for Warren

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Clinton-isn-t-Silicon-Valley-s-candidate-6015087.php

Technology has been credited with helping President Obama, then an upstart senator, defeat Hillary Rodham Clinton and win the presidency 2008.

Now, a group of tech leaders who worked on his campaign are lining behind another upstart who could challenge Clinton in 2016: Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass.

They are quietly tapping Silicon Valley talent to join Tech for Warren, a coalition of digital natives who are trying to convince voters that Warren is the best candidate. But first they will have to convince Warren, who has repeatedly said she is not running.

The latest “no’s” from Warren came Tuesday in a Fortune magazine interview with her friend Sheila Bair, the former chairwoman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., and in an e-mail to The Chronicle from her press secretary, Lacey Rose.

“As Sen. Warren has said many times, she is not running for president,” Rose wrote.

To the true Warren believers — including those in Tech for Warren — the key word in that statement is the word “is.” As in Warren currently is not running but perhaps could be persuaded.

“It doesn’t change anything,” said Erica Sagrans, who served as Obama’s digital campaign director for northeastern states in 2012. Sagrans now works as a campaign manager of Ready for Warren, which is helping organize Tech for Warren. “We exist to convince her to run.”

Challenge to Clinton

Last month, more than 300 Obama campaign alums signed an open letter asking Warren to run, and the left-leaning online hub MoveOn.org said it is ready to spend $1 million on the progressive favorite.

Even if the tech world can’t persuade Warren to run, her backers hope their efforts will challenge Clinton to take more liberal positions.

“If Warren jumped in, then what I like to call the 'progressive tech wing’ would have a voice in the primary,” said Tim Wu, a Columbia University professor and Warren supporter who coined the term “net neutrality.”

Tech for Warren is expected to formally roll out a list of its members in the next few weeks. Its ranks already include Obama’s key tech advocates, including his 2012 campaign’s chief information officer, Rajeev Chopra.

Having the same operatives who helped the Obama campaign twice succeed using technology could help convince Warren that she has a chance against the better-funded and better-known Clinton campaign, her boosters believe.

“It would show her that there is a group of people out there who are ready to jump in and really make something happen,” Chopra said.

Early members of Tech for Warren say the campaign already reminds them of Obama’s efforts.

“I’m calling 50 to 100 people right now,” said Sean Knox, a San Franciscan who was Northern California data director for Obama’s 2008 campaign. “She speaks to me in the same way that Obama did when he first ran.”

Disrupting status quo

Like many in the group, Knox said he was attracted to Warren because she has taken on Wall Street executives and talked about the nation’s income inequality like few other politicians. Last month, a nine-minute video of Warren pointedly criticizing Citicorp’s inordinate influence in Washington went viral with more than 600,000 views on YouTube.

The tech crowd favors Warren because she, like many of them, is seen as disrupting the status quo in Washington.

“Tech people see themselves as that outsider, disrupting force that likes to speak truth to power,” said Catherine Bracy, a San Franciscan who was director of the Obama campaign’s tech field office in San Francisco in 2012. “And that’s what she is like, too.”

It won’t be easy. Clinton hasn’t formally declared, either, though her supporters are preparing for her to announce her candidacy this year. A group called Ready for Hillary raised $12 million in 2014, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics. One of the nation’s largest left-leaning super PACs, Priorities USA, is being chaired by Obama 2012 campaign manager Jim Messina, and has begun raising money for the former secretary of state.

But Warren’s Silicon Valley supporters say that with a little tech help, the Massachusetts senator could put a scare into Clinton.

“This is obviously a treasure trove of tech talent here” in Silicon Valley, Bracy said. “They’re just waiting to be asked.”

Run Liz Run

It will be fun to watch Warren when she takes Wall Street money. It is real easy to grandstand as a senator, but to run a successful campaign she is gonna need cash, and lots of it.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
It would be awesome if there was a truly impartial debate moderator who would actually let a Republican annihilate her. God I wish Trey Gowdy would seek the nomination. He would end her or Hildebeast without breaking a sweat.

Mayhem

Banned
It would be awesome if there was a truly impartial debate moderator who would actually let a Republican annihilate her. God I wish Trey Gowdy would seek the nomination. He would end her or Hildebeast without breaking a sweat.

Now we're whining about debate moderators? Ye Gods, what a victim you are.

You really should change your avatar to Little Orphan Annie...or the ki d from the Charlie Chaplin films.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman

Trey Gowdy would piss his pants if someone actually stood up and put him in his place, I'm not particularly enthused with Hillary but she would mop the floor with that Draco Malfoy looking asshat.