• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best player in each pro sport today?

Seems to me that Dirk proved throughout the entire playoffs and finals that he was the best player in the league last season.He's been THE most underrated player in the NBA for a few years now.

That being said,I would take Durant number one over just about anyone at the moment.

MLB:hard to argue against Pujols.I think you need to consider pitchers in their own class as well.In that case,I would say Halliday.

NHL:Ovechkin

NFL:Can't really argue against Aaron Rogers right now.

Golf:who gives a fuck?

UFC:pound for pound,GSP.

Haha, but Villa led Spain in goals at the WC in '10 and to the title - not Messi.
:cthulhu:

It's not just about goals. Anyone will tell you Xavi is more integral to Spain than David Villa. Villa can be replaced by Llorente, Soldado, or Negredo and Spain wouldn't miss a beat. But take out Xavi, and they lose some of their aura.

Nascar - not a sport

Rep.

What do you think?

Baseball: Miguel Cabrera
Basketball: Dwight Howard
Cricket: Sachin Tendulkar
Football: Haloti Ngata
Hockey: Zdeno Chara
Soccer: Xavi Hernandez

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
:1orglaugh people are saying D-Rose is the best player in the NBA?

Someday... maybe. Now... not even top 5.

You're right. I didn't give as much thought to the NBA as I should have. The correct answer is Kevin Durant.

Their PP was garbage last year and Fleury was otherworldly. Crosby is easily the best player in the NHL. If it's not him, it's Datsyuk or Kesler, IMO. All three are dominant at each end of the ice, at any moment of the game and on the stat sheet.
I agree The Kid is the best in the game, but in the grand scheme, I've played on too many damn teams that had potential and a shitty goalie, and bad teams with good goalies that exceeded beyond expectations that I believe the 'tender is by far the most important piece. For example, put a POS goalie behind an immaculate team and you will amount to shit.

So I went with the best in the game - RM. What he did at Vancouver was a perfect example. USA would have been annihilated without Miller in nets. He just killed it. And he does it in Buffalo as well. Hasek did it with Buffalo and the Czechs.
It's not just about goals. Anyone will tell you Xavi is more integral to Spain than David Villa. Villa can be replaced by Llorente, Soldado, or Negredo and Spain wouldn't miss a beat. But take out Xavi, and they lose some of their aura.

I know. I was just messin' around. I generally only pay attention to the WC, the Olympics and my National team, just because I pay way too much attention to stateside sports to devote time to EPL and all that.

Example tonight without Landon the National team lost to Ecuador. :mad:

NBA: Derrick Rose (The crown is being passed from Kobe as we speak)
MLB: Albert Pujols (Maybe the greatest ever before he's done)
NHL: Alex Ovechkin (this is a tough one but....)
NFL: Aaron Rodgers (Right now, he's the best there is)
Soccer: Lionel Messi (I'm not arguing with BMH on this one)
Tennis: Novak Djokavic (by a mile right now)
PGA: Nobody (should still be Tiger but....:rolleyes:)

correct

Auto Racing: Jimmie Johnson
I thought you meant Jimmy Johnstone there.
He was a celtic and Scotland legend. He was a Lisbon Lion and a true legend
Voted as Celtic's greatest ever player, he died too young. After he was diagnosed with Motor neurone disease, he died at only 61 R.I.P

Soccer: Lionel Messi (I'm not arguing with BMH on this one)

I am probably one of the biggest football supporters on this board.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Lionel Messi is the world's greatest Footballer, today.

L3ggy

Thank you, I unfortunately missed that game, maybe I'll watch the highlights on youtube.

I actually prefer our Women's National team over the Men's.

I read in the paper that Larsson might make National comeback.

Thank you, I unfortunately missed that game, maybe I'll watch the highlights on youtube.

I actually prefer our Women's National team over the Men's.

I read in the paper that Larsson might make National comeback.

I watched it on ESPN today as i was watching Scotland trying to beat the world champions, that was always going to happen :facepalm:

The first Swedish goal is amazing.

I can't believe Erik Hamrén played Majstorovic though. He is such a bad centre back just now. He is so slow and he makes loads of mistakes. I can't say he is my favourite Swedish player ever to play for celtic

I also loved how all the player and the manager on the pitch celebrating like they had won the cup. It was 1998, the last time i saw Scotland do that.

I watched the women's world cup but other than that i never really see it. Apart from the occasional Women's English league game

I thought Larsson was playing in the game last night but it was Sebastian Larsson. Larsson was one of my favourite ever players. I would love to see him as a coach at celtic, the fans would love that. Or just to play for a season. That would be amazing if the king of kings came back to play for celtic for a year

L3ggy

Then I'd have to get the SPL... Somehow.

I can't believe Erik Hamrén played Majstorovic though. He is such a bad centre back just now. He is so slow and he makes loads of mistakes. I can't say he is my favourite Swedish player ever to play for celtic
Speaking of Majstorovic. If Loovens had played for Holland i would have laughed so much.
If celtic play Loovens and Maj at the back then we are pretty much guaranteed to conced 6 goals. Those two are a bomb scare

Then I'd have to get the SPL... Somehow.
I always watch the matches on channel 67 on the celtic website.

L3ggy

I've never really liked him.

He is tall and experienced but that doesn't make him good. Out of the Swedish players i can remember playing for celtic i.e Magnus Hedman, Henrik Larsson, Johan Mjallby. He is the one i hate the most

L3ggy

Did you know that Hedman beat his wife? The Swedish model Magdalenda Graaf.