• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best Concert You Ever Saw....Band.Musical Artist That You Wish You Did

Epica. Plain and simple, those guys (and gal) play their little hearts out for their fans. There is only 2 bands I keep buying tickets for over and over and these guys are one of them.

The first thing that entered my mind was Nightwish. I had not heard of Epica but played a song from them on You Tube and there was a little familiarity......would you agree ? I think Nightwish has a new singer even though i have been out of contact with this and a lot of these bands period. Another reason why college radio rules over here ! Thanks for posting that band as i am going to check them out more !

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I have seen a lot of great shows. The original Black Sabbath reunion was up there, I got to see Stevie Ray Vaughan two months before he died and seeing the Highwaymen (Cash,Kristofferson,Waylon and Willie) was a high point. I wish I could have seen the Allmans with Duane and Barry as well as Skynyrd with Ronnie. Of course it goes without saying that I would have loved to see Jimi and I was just a little too young to Zepplin live.

Okay, I'm gonna take a lot of shit for this, but I passed on Stevie Ray Vaughan 4 times, and three of them were free. I don't know why, I like his music, not a HUGE fan, but he easily falls in the top 10 or 15 best guitar players of all time...I passed on the show he played just before he died.

I'm not a fan of the Highwaymen, but I agree with The Allman Bros. I defy anyone to name me 2 guitar players that played harmony leads better, then Duane and Dicky. You can't, because there are none...listen to Hotlanta, off of the "Live At The Fillmore East" album.

Not sure if i'd call this my favorite gig but one of of the most fun was The Darkness with Foxy Shazam as support was an amazing gig.

Had heard of Foxy Shazam before but never actually heard their music so wasn't sure what to expect as a they were support but they sounded amazing and went totally mental in a good way (Keyboardist standing on his keyboard then playing it as the crow held it up, vocalist doing jumps and rolls and stuff). The darkness afterwards was equally amazing as they played every song they should live and just rock out sooo hard which the crowd fed off and made it a lot of fun with a lot of signing and jumping about.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
Best: Aerosmith, during the Pump tour. I got a thumbs up from Joe for screaming "JOE-FUCKIN'-PERRY!!" during "Back In The Saddle", and he kept playing without missing a beat.

Wish: Rolling Stones, November 27/28, 1969 at Madison Square Garden

...otherwise known as "Get Yer Ya Yas Out"...

wottle

I'm so horny, even the crack of dawn isn't safe
The Who, Cobo arena, Detriot Rock City, summer 1970.
My ears rang for 3 hrs after that show. I was in row 25
center stage. I was 15 yrs old. Can flashback to it like it
was yesterday. "Who's Next" still my favorite Album of all time.

Still have never seen Springsteen (I know) Shame on me.

Ari Dee

Official Checked Star Member
*Insert obnoxious hipster comment about how I've seen THOUSANDS of bands here*

I grew up doing nothing but going to concerts and shows, and being a merch girl for all my friends.
Some of my ultimate favorite shows though were:

Morrissey w/ Tiger Army
Coheed & Cambria
The Strokes w/ The Sounds
Bear Vs Shark
The Subhumans
The Groovie Ghoulies
The Eyeliners
Smoking Popes
Agent Orange

It's actually depressing how many shows & concerts I don't remember in the slightest. *smokes another bowl*

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Best: AC/DC about 3 years ago in Cleveland
Wish: Frank Zappa

I saw Frank, years ago, at Blossom Music Center....it was a great show. His son Dweezle has been here once or twice, taking his dads music on the road.

The best concert I ever saw is a bit surprising to me, because while I love the band I would never have expected them to be the best ever, and that's the Beastie Boys on the Check Your Head tour on their New Orleans stop. Easily the most crazed out violent and aggressive pit I have ever seen or heard of. And they were really, really on that night. Probably the second best was a Primus show I saw where Buckethead opened for them and they performed the entire Frizzle Fry album (over a decade after it's release). My first time to see Buckethead, and Frizzle Fry has always been my fave Primus album so that was a pretty spectacular night.

Concert I wish I could see? I second the Band of Gypsies era Hendrix with one caveat: it would have to be on one of the nights he was sober enough to actually play his show. In the last year of his life he was pretty hit and miss with that, I know one guy who saw one of his last shows and it was a complete debacle, he asked for his money back after Hendrix was led on stage, mumbled incoherently and couldn't play his guitar while the band tried to hold it together for half a set and then quit. Not the Hendrix I want to remember, even though he was the one who won out over Jimi's better angels in the end.

Best Ive seen was probably Pearl Jam , and would give my left nut to have seen the beatles or Hendrex before they left for the great tour in the sky.

- - - Updated - - -

Best Ive seen was probably Pearl Jam , and would give my left nut to have seen the beatles or Hendrex before they left for the great tour in the sky.

- - - Updated - - -

I periodically find myself amazed by concerts. The last one that comes to mind was by a polish band named Pink Freud. I went to see them just for the name and was completely blown away: tink of a mixture of punk rock energy, jazz freedom and inventiveness and King Crimson like precision.
Also Peter Hammill on a good night is fantastic, sadly he's not always on a good night.

The number of artists I wish I'd seen is countless, including some I wish I'd seen when they were good (I saw Genesis on the Calling All Stations tour, enough said), but I guess if I could timetravel just once to see a concert I probably would go back to hear Bach.

I misread the title when I made my original post, the first one is the best, the one I wish I could have seen would be.

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band.

He died when I was in high school, and I remember hearing it on the radio in drafting class...the first thing I said was, "damn, I wanted to go see him next time around".
I think on friday nights back in the 70's/80's Don Kirshner had a show called Rock Concert with different bands on each week. And one time it was The Sensational Alex Harvey Band. Another show called Midnight Special was on around that time too and maybe i got the shows mixed up, not sure as it was years ago. I remember seeing them and at least one member had his face painted like a clown ? But they were exellent !

Could kick myself in the ass because i never saw him. And to be so close for tickets but not know who he/ the band was, i know how you felt. I remember getting pretty buzzed listening to Faith Healer too lol. The music and the stuff we had were both good !

Thanks for posting that....brings back memories !

bahodeme

Closed Account
The main two I should have seen were Phyllis Hyman & Stevie Ray Vaughan. Also James Brown at his peak.

im hoping to see the cure at least once. and nine inch nails... i really should look up tickets more.

Years ago i saw Ministry open up for NIN here at The Agora i believe was the club. Ministry was powerful and NIN was good too. I think the Pretty Hate Machine tour. Thanks for posting that !

I wish Sevendust would tour Australia again. I missed them the last time they toured solo here in 2004. They have only done one festival and supported Ozzy since and I ain't paying $150 to see em play for 40-45 mins.

Hope you get the chance sometime and yeah, a lo of money for that amount of time. Thanks for replying !

Wish I could have seen Led Zeppelin and The Who. I'll repeat the story from another thread about Harry Chapin at my high school gym. Mind you my graduating class was 145 students in upstate NY. I don't know how they got him but it was to raise money for world hunger. Harry comes out and does a few strums before his first song and stops. Front row of seats are about 15 feet away from the stage and he says, "What are you all doing way back there? Come on down here and sit on the floor right by me. Don't be scared, I had a shower before I got here." The bleachers emptied. "Anybody left out there that didn't get in yet? I don't care if they have a ticket or not we've got some bleachers opening up. Let them in." He brought his brother Tom to play some songs too. Just the men with their acoustic guitars and their talk. We were all digging it.

What a great experience ! Thank you for posting that.