• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best Concert You Ever Saw....Band.Musical Artist That You Wish You Did

I periodically find myself amazed by concerts. The last one that comes to mind was by a polish band named Pink Freud. I went to see them just for the name and was completely blown away: tink of a mixture of punk rock energy, jazz freedom and inventiveness and King Crimson like precision.
Also Peter Hammill on a good night is fantastic, sadly he's not always on a good night.

The number of artists I wish I'd seen is countless, including some I wish I'd seen when they were good (I saw Genesis on the Calling All Stations tour, enough said), but I guess if I could timetravel just once to see a concert I probably would go back to hear Bach.

Nice post........thanks for replying ! Pink Freud sounds very interesting too !

Queen - Wembley 1986
Bruce Springsteen - London (Hyde Park) 2009

Fantastic live performers.

RIP Freddy Mercury

I saw Jimi H in Houston less than a year before he ODd; saw the Who do Tommy in Houston as well; favorite 2 concerts after those were the Eagles Hotel California Tour ( I bought an entire row and sold some to friends and family at cost so we all sat together and shared supplies), and the most rock out band I've ever seen: Cheap Trick...awesome!
I've been to a lot of outdoor festivals and such, but with the exception of a small venue show with Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes not a lot of big name shows...too plastic and controlled for me after the 70s.
My hair was long and still dark then...:)

I gotta add the Moody Blues as they were just awesome fine in live concert...I was a bit high at that one but I do remember somewhat of the awe I felt.

Damn.........to have seen Jimi and The Who is something ! Was lucky to have seen the Eagles a couple times and Cheap Trick. Think Nugent too but there were many shows so........yeah,the partying has taken it's toll. Moody Blues would have been cool. Nice list !

I remember one stadium concert i went to in 1980....Def Lepperd(1st album), Bob Seger, Eddie Money and J. Geils. It was hot that day,fortunately we had a cooler with cold water and shared with others who didn't. For some reason i remember that.

I saw Lisa Lashes once.
I actually saw her cleavage before I saw her.

I wish I'd seen DJ Energy live.

Had to see what Lisa Lashes was about as i had never heard of her. Damn !..........nice ! Not familiar at all with DJ's and the club scene. Would be nice to turn back the clock a few years though !

Best Concert I've Seen: The Faint or Ben Folds at Summerfest.

Band I Wish I'd Seen: Nirvana or the original Smashing Pumpkins.

Thanks for posting that ! Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana both would have been great shows i bet ! Billy Corrigan interviewed with Howard Stern maybe last year....exellent ! Played and sang and made me wish i would have seen him at least once live performing. Still might have a chance one day.

Not familiar with the faint and never heard songs from Ben Folds but remember the name. Gonna have to You Tube it and check it out. I do remember Ben Fold being a judge on a music show a couple tears ago...not sure if that show is still on. Had to look it up...The Sing Off is the show and it's coming back for the new season 2013-14.

Best: Soundgarden 1991 or Queen's Of The Stone Age 2007 in the UK.

Wished I'd Seen: Nirvana in 1990. I was on a weekend away visiting a friend and was given a ticket to watch them but I couldn't make it due to other committments. I thought oh well I'll catch them another time but never did. What a fucker.

There's a lot of us that figured wait 'til they tour again(whoever it was) only to never have the chance to go....hindsight. For me, it would have been Alex Harvey. In line to buy KISS tickets as the person ahead of me was getting Harvey tickets but i had never heard of him...damn !

FUCK! The Agora. You must be old.

Yes, i am older than most on here probably. The Agora Theatre was originally located on 24th st. and now is still going strong i believe at 5000 euclid ave. One of if not the best place for concerts. They also have other events there too ! Think my ears are still ringing from Motorhead concerts years ago ha. Damn, ''Sisters of Mercy'' ring a bell too. The Agora also had a ballroom which held way less people and most time couldn't even move because it was packed like sardines ha. Ohhhhh and a local favorite ''Mushroomhead'' still rocks as far as i know !

Wish i could remember more because there is a lot. Loved every minute of it too.

In September 1978, some of my friends and I saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse at the Nassau Coliseum. That was a amazing show. :)

Here was the encore...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-...-memorial-coliseum-uniondale-ny-5bd1e728.html

I would have liked to have seen The Concert for Bangladesh on August 1, 1971 at Madison Square Garden with George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Ringo Starr, Ravi Shankar, Leon Russell, and Badfinger ;) ...

However, I was too young. :(

Man, i remember listening to 45's on a turn table to these artists. Never saw any live shows though but it brings back memories !

Rush - Roll the Bones Tour, Hannover 21. April 1992, or
Peter Gabriel - Still Growing Up Tour, Hamburg 21. May 2004.

My wish too were to have seen a Led Zeppelin Gig somewhere around their 'Presence' Album (1975).

Back in the middle to late 70's i got a chance to see Rush with a band called The Cate Brothers(i think that was the band) here in Cleveland Public Hall. Exellent. Never saw Gabriel/Genesis. As for Zeppelin, yea, would have been something.

Queen - Wembley 1986
Bruce Springsteen - London (Hyde Park) 2009

Fantastic live performers.

RIP Freddy Mercury

Was lucky to have seen Queen back in the to's in Cleveland at Public Hall. Must have been the first or second album when they were a bit heavier music wise ! Saw Springsteen here at The Richfield Coliseum either in the 70's/early 80's i think.....exellent. The Boss is great !

Meshuggah headlining a show with Cynic and The Faceless. I'm about to see Mushroomhead for the first time on Saturday so I guess the 2nd part of your question is about to come true.