• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Anyone old enough to remember when Rap Music was good?

Nope. As is the case with Country "music", there never existed a time when it was good.

Hey now, them there's fightin' words, yo. :D

I like hip hop and modern country but it just seems funny when the two collaborate. Like Nelly teaming up with ... Tim McGraw.

Or Lil' Wayne doing a song with Little Texas.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Start here.....

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Then go here....

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I've never really been a big fan of rap or pop music, but over the years (years ago, anyway) there have been certain rap and pop songs that I have liked. Several of Public Enemy's songs were really good and intelligently written. And Kool Moe Dee did some collaborations with the late, great Miles Davis that were excellent IMO. But to be honest, I don't like most modern rap, rock (make believe rock), country or pop music. Finding a song written after the year 2000 that I like is like finding a needle in a haystack. The worst rap, in my opinion, is that done by suburban White kids that try to sound and act Black. And some of the best recent stuff, in my opinion, is that done by Mexican and Brazilian kids. I think rap really grew out of reggae, so the best rap always seems to be what comes out of the Caribbean and parts of Africa. There is some good rap-rock, rap-reggae, rap-jazz, rap-blues and even rap-classical fusion out there now. Some of that I like. But for the most part, just put on some Beggars Banquet and I'm happy enough.

Rey C.

The first time I tried to listen to all of Beggars Banquet was in college. Some girl had broken a date with me so I went back to my room with a fifth of Jack Daniels black and a pack of mini cigars. I'm sure the cassette played through to the end, but I wasn't conscious when it got there. Broken date? Fuck her. I had a great evening with Mick and Keith... and Jack Daniels.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Well considering their best song, came from "Sticky Fingers", I'm going to have to disagree with you gentlemen.

Although I will say, B.B. was a good album, and put forth the opinion that "goats Head Soup" was about the last good one they put out.

Rey C.

Sticky Fingers (Can't You Hear Me Knocking) is great too. But I guess my two faves are Beggars Banquet (Sympathy for the Devil) and Let It Bleed (Gimme Shelter). With me, you won't get me to say that there are any bad Stones albums. Just good, great, greater and greatest.

Only my opinion, but if I look around the musical landscape these days, I just cannot find the sort of amazing lyrics and instrumental work that is present on any of these albums we're mentioning - maybe one or two good/catchy songs, but not an entire album. Not rock, rap, country, blues or pop. And yeah I know that our parents probably said the same thing when we were young about "our music". But now days I can listen to music that my parents liked and see the musical genius on much of it (country, big band and the blues). But I have a hard time finding the same sort of amazing musical work on the new stuff.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
See now I'm not a huge Stones fan. I like the older stuff, but I can't say I would feel a need to own all of their albums, or even like every song, from any of their albums. Having said that, I'll say this...even my favorite band, has a couple of albums that I can say have bad songs on them, and as they have "progressed" musically, I have liked less of their work.

The best Stones song, is "Moonlite Mile"....with Sympathy a close second.