• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Any tips to a good night sleep

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
A shot of Cherry Nyquil, a warm bath and a good shot across the room and its :sleep: for me! :thumbsup:

If the medical advice doesn't work you can do what I do, sleep on the floor with sound of rain in the background.:thumbsup:

Try asking your girlfriend to get you to watch her favorite chick flick and pop it in the DVD at bedtime. That works for me when I can't get any ZZZ's.

Facetious

Moderated
Go to the nearest College Bookstore and purchase the Psychology 101 textbook.

If you didn't just nail that one right square in the kisser . . . :D :hatsoff: :1orglaugh Reps ! :)

If you're not lactose intolerant, consider heading over to your local participating
f_images1m_269c6d9.jpg
and order the biggest omelet they make, chow down and take a cab home 'cuz :sleep: :sleep: :angels: :sing:Sweet dreams are made of these . . ."

i have a chronic problem with insomnia, here are things that help me when i get into a rut of no sleep:
1. routine - get into one, so your body knows when it is time to rest. plus, a regular time of rest, even if not sleep, is helpful. go to bed same time every night, get up the same time. it helps like crazy.
2. be physical - lots of people here said it, they're right. go for a walk after dinner, bang your girl, lift weights, do pushups. whatever. get your heart-rate up for 30 minutes, you'll sleep better.
3. most important - see your doctor about a sleep aid. ambien does the trick.

sucks to not sleep, i feel your pain.

Exercise during the day but not at night (which was mentioned, I think)
Eat more calories early on unless you're watching your diet. Larger meals tend to have a sedative effect but some say have a small snack right before sleep.
Drink nothing caffeine related for 7 to 12 hours before sleep.
create a calm night routine add in some white noise or something. Stick to it and try not to use your bed for anything other than sleep or sex.
I wouldn't suggest purposely staying up the whole night though. You'll more than likely crash the next day probably at the wrong time and be up another night. I've done it, it's the worst, for me anyway.
If you find that your sleeplessness isn't just a phase you may need other help regulating your sleep pattern.

Get yourself some small children. One of two things will happen. You'll be shagged out from looking after them and so you'll crash like a baby or you'll be awake and able to do all the night feeds and your old lady will think you were made in heaven. Or go to a country where opiates are legal and chong yourself stupid. OR and this is only if the first two methods don't work, put Oprah Winfrey on the TV and try to have a wank. The effort will fucking have you pushing out the zzzzzzs in no time.

Yes, a nice warm bath (15 mins) and some warm milk. Then watch some crap on TV to wind down :)

Get some exercise, exert some energy throughout the day. You are right that working out before you bed is not good, but work out during the day or at least get some kind of physical activity.

It will make a ton of difference.

Also, keep the bedroom well ventilated - I always keep the window open, no matter how cold outside:)

Okay dont laugh--but warm milk with sugar works wonders for me.

on a more lighter note---Stack all your kitchen knives on your ceiling fan and lay below it--now switch it on and thou shalt get the most wonderful and endless sleep.(note to meself: Gotta stop watching the gore flicks)

Ps:-Warm milk with sugar really works wonders

Facetious

Moderated
Another thought -

If there is an issue in your life that you've been carrying for a long time, well, that can have some negative physiological effects, even on the best of us ! Hold it in no longer, release the anxiety.

just sayin ~

i was always taught not to excercise before bed cus it gets your body racing and basically wakes it up but ill have to give it a try thanks for the tip

It would probably be more effective if you exercised during the day. Usually that keeps your body on a cycle of needing rest, and you should rest easier.

i took a nice little walk like an hour before bed , came home took a nice warm shower , listen to alittle music , along side of doing yard work all day yesterday and crashed hard for 7 hours thanks for tips guys

i took a nice little walk like an hour before bed , came home took a nice warm shower , listen to alittle music , along side of doing yard work all day yesterday and crashed hard for 7 hours thanks for tips guys

On the plus-side, you have the neatest, cleanest yard in the neighbourhood :thumbsup: