• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

360 or ps3?

Both ps3 / Xbox360 - there both very equal in many ways.. BUT

I do preffer to play a ps3, much easier controlls + Free online use!

I, as well as many people who have commented before me, own both the PS3 and the Xbox 360. I have no problem adapting between them, although i play the Xbox 360 much more, because i like its exclusives... i also enjoy the few exclusives that come out for the PS3...for example the Resistance games and Metal Gear Solid games...that being said if a game comes out for both i usually get it for the 360 because that is what most of my friends play.

Oh and I hear that Microsoft is thinking about making Xbox Live free soon in order to compete with the PS3.

360 can lick my left and right testicle! Sure...they got some games worth mentioning, but they can't keep up with Sony's ability. The whole pay to play online is straight bullshit for one. I already pay a good $30 bucks for internet and now Microsoft wants to charge an additional fee?! WTF!! Doesn't Mr. Gates have enought cash flow coming in to make online play free? Oh yeah, I forgot...Microsoft jumped on the bandwagon soon after they realized gaming is a huge profit! ANy way for them to make money I guess. Sony wannabees! Take your red ring of death elsewhere and stop charging for online play and make a 360 that doesn't need all these lame upgrades to work efficiently!

i just want the best of both worlds call me greedy . but there is a good few games on each that is must have or play gow , killzone , halo3 , lbp, re5, forza , pgr 4 , bio shock the list goes on but payin to pay on live is a piss but i guess thats what u get dedicated servers for not lumped on one still not good though

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!
XboX 360

People only want to side in this battle because of personal attitudes towards Microsoft or Sony.

The two HD twins are near identical in terms of control schemes, graphics and performance. They both have minor pros and cons, like the PS3 being more quiet and playing bluray (who gives a shit about bluray though) - but on the other hand it has fewer active online players, less games and it's more expensive.

If you have to pick one system only, which most people do, here's my advice:
Go with the system that has the most attractive exclusives. You won't notice the difference in graphics even if you try, but exclusives you will miss if you end up buying the wrong console.

For me, that's the 360 hands down. And things are just getting better as several PS exclusives are being bought out by Microsoft, like Tekken and Final Fantasy for example. And I'm not the least interested in Killzone or Resistance.

Ps3 pros - wireless internet, blu ray, quieter, nicer looking, better exclusives, less system death

360 pros - Xbox Live, rrod roulette, mircosoft can out buy sony for things like fallout dlc, L4D, games by bethesda don't run like garbage, more PC games, and netflix

Ps3 Cons - $$$, lack of online players, mandatory game installs, blu ray will be obsolete in 5 years, valve hates you, bethesda hates you more than they love money

360 cons - xbox live users, rrod and various other defects, no blu ray, netflix's stream instantly selection leaves something to be desired, potentially the more evil of the two companies...but it's close, think they can throw money at problems to mak them go away

Winner: Anyone who doesn't own only a Wii. Both of these systems are great, but having 2 systems that are essentially the same is doing more harm to gaming than it is good.

If I had a dollar for every X360 fanboy who vouched for the system... then tells you how many times they've had to send it back to microsoft for the RedRingsOfDeath...

I cant even laugh at that, anymore. The good news is that after they stop producing 360s they'll very quickly dwindle down to just about nothing. Hardware failures, hard drive installation hiccups and a pay-for-play online service. Not my thing. Best of luck to those thta have the patience for it. :shakes head: If I have to send a console back.. that sorta screams FAIL.

Wow...Couldnt have said it better myself. I was so close to buying a 360 cause all of the people I work with have it and play online allot. Then I kept hearing "The Red Rings Of Death" stories and was wondering why that was happening. A friend of mine that used to work for MS before he moved back east was telling me that they gave the employees a chance to buy it and as soon as he got his 360 home "Red Rings Of Death" now I dont know about you but I have never heard of a Playstation doing that at all. And yeah the online experience is probably better with 360 the fact that I am not paying for it with PS3 makes all worth while in the end.

Good point patlemke. You make a great point of MS just throwing money at problems to make them go away instead of actually fixing them. When will they learn. I will tell you that I did enjoy my original xbox when I bought the japenese S controller which was a more smaller version of the current 360 controller. After that I really got into it. But like everything else you start to lose interest in videogames or at least I did and so I got rid of them all. Now I want to play again and will be purchasing my next gen system....PS3. As far as Blue Ray being gone in 5 years....Look at HD DVD.

Wow a lot of people who are posting on this thread are dumb as shit, first of all Bill Gates doesn't have anything to do with Microsoft anymore. Second they did fix the red ring of death with the new jasper system. And if ANYBODY got the rrod it is because they themselves were being stupid and treating the xbox like it is some super system that can take anything... i challenge anybody to keep the ps3 in a spot where it has no ventilation, let it run for hours without pause then shut it off without cooling everytime you use it, and see if a problem doesn't come up. My point is, unless you have done your homework recently, please SHUT THE FUCK UP.

And speaking of doing homework dumbass...Sony has a cooling fan that you can purchase to keep the system as cool as ice. Secondly....The 360 is a piece of shit...straight simple...I do not care how much BS you want to shovel on this board regarding how 360 has this or that...It comes down to playing online and the fact is MS still has the gall to charge people for online play where on top of paying for that you have to also pay for your internet access...Not a smart business plan.

To each his own. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. :nanner:

And speaking of doing homework dumbass...Sony has a cooling fan that you can purchase to keep the system as cool as ice. Secondly....The 360 is a piece of shit...straight simple...I do not care how much BS you want to shovel on this board regarding how 360 has this or that...It comes down to playing online and the fact is MS still has the gall to charge people for online play where on top of paying for that you have to also pay for your internet access...Not a smart business plan.

To each his own. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. :nanner:

Ohhhh... My mistake, you see i thought that we were talking about the systems. I had no idea that 360 or ps3 really meant aftermarket shit you can buy. Well in that case the 360 has a fan you can buy as well. Fuck, i even replaced mine with a silent whisper fan with blue leds and a temp control(yes i modded my xbox, oh whatever will i do about the warranty void). I have had my xbox since launch, have had only one RRoD and have had no problems since. My cousins PS3 actually had to be sent away as well... What it can't be the great and powerful Sony Fucked up... since you apparently still can't do homework to find that the xbox 360 and the Ps3 Both have damn near all the same aftermarket accessories, YOU FAIL. When somebody actually says something regarding this topic that 1. has not been said(no more bitching about having to pay for live.) and 2. posting something relevant to the system itself. I may actually give them good rep and understanding. But dumbfucks like you need to sit down and shut up while the adults are talking.

Oh and if the 360 is shit plain and simple then how does it feel that SHIT is beating the shit out of the PS3 in sales, and customer support every damn day.

Also do you even have both systems, because if you don't i really don't think you have a fucking opinion.

Xbox 360+3 games+13 months of live+ 1 free month to start with = $500

PS3+3 games= $550

Seeing little fucks like you with your foot in your mouth+ my foot in your ass= Priceless

Does anybody here that OWNS an Xbox 360 actually have a problem with paying for xbox live? Cause I do not, I mean we do have a lot games that people actually play online, Unlike the Ps3, and I would know... I OWN both. I feel if Sony had a game that was worth playing online they would slap a price on it. You know since Microsoft is a business and a business's top priority is to make money, I see no fault in it.

Does anybody here that OWNS an Xbox 360 actually have a problem with paying for xbox live? Cause I do not, I mean we do have a lot games that people actually play online, Unlike the Ps3, and I would know... I OWN both. I feel if Sony had a game that was worth playing online they would slap a price on it. You know since Microsoft is a business and a business's top priority is to make money, I see no fault in it.

I own both systems and I like them equaly and no I don't mind paying 5 bucks a month for xbox live it's well worth it.

Didn't you just get thru saying that you wanted someone to say something other than paying for online?

Weird...Anyways as I was saying I have had experience with XBOX and PS3 and to be honest I love the Sony Playstation 3, always have always will....

Lets just let bygons be bygons and say they both suck and rock equally in their own ways!!! Agreed?