• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Whale Wars

Has anyone else seen this abomination of a reality tv show?

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I have seen the commercials.

Why aren't they considered pirates or criminals?

Instead of the Navy bringing them in as criminals they get a television show.

Because the Navy needs comic relief. Some of the things that they do on the show makes me believe some of them should be put in an insane asylum.

I have not heard of it. Judging by the title I don't think I want to know.

It's basically about this international terrorist organization that goes around the world and protests the killing of whales by trying to tangle the propeller on one boat, throwing acid (not harmful or so they claim), and ram the Japanese boats. These guys took Save the Whales to the extreme.

It's basically about this international terrorist organization that goes around the world and protests the killing of whales by trying to tangle the propeller on one boat, throwing acid (not harmful or so they claim), and ram the Japanese boats. These guys took Save the Whales to the extreme.
That could backfire. I have heard of Green Peace being attacked by whalers when they tried to intervene. It can be dangerous.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Because the Navy needs comic relief. Some of the things that they do on the show makes me believe some of them should be put in an insane asylum.

That's not an excuse. You don't see PETA shooting McDonald's employees.

If they did they would be locked up.

IMO, the Japenese should get more aggressive when attacked. They have a right to defend their property, and even safety of both fisherman and eco-terrorists.

They need some rubber bullets.

IMO, the Japenese should get more aggressive when attacked. They have a right to defend their property, and even safety of both fisherman and eco-terrorists.

Supposedly they did shoot Paul Watson, however there are a lot of website debunking this theory. Paul Watson could sell sand in a desert, that's the only way he gets these people to do this.

I haven't see the show so I can't really speak for who ever it is that is on there...

But Greenpeace and other such groups don't break the law, they actually enforce it because other people aren't doing their job that they are supposed to. They target criminal poachers and polluters. Often these criminals make a lot of money off the black market and operate in impoverished areas that lack the enforcement manpower and officials are easily bribed.

As for those that are in International Waters and justify what they are doing saying their is no law therefore they aren't breaking it... well, the same can be said for the protesters.

Why in the world would anyone defend Whaling? Everyone knows that Whales are an endangered species and it's not like these are Eskimos that are going out there to feed their village, they are people trying to make fast money by exploiting loopholes and carelessness. If they worked as legitimate fisherman, then they would not be bothered.

the sad thing is that these people are just trying to do a good thing through non-violent means. It's really too bad that they aren't the terrorists that you make them out to be. I wish that they did bomb and kill these scumbags, maybe that would make them think twice.

The crooked cops and the governments sure don't care, they arrest the innocent and let the criminals go free.

I haven't see the show so I can't really speak for who ever it is that is on there...

But Greenpeace and other such groups don't break the law, they actually enforce it because other people aren't doing their job that they are supposed to. They target criminal poachers and polluters. Often these criminals make a lot of money off the black market and operate in impoverished areas that lack the enforcement manpower and officials are easily bribed.

As for those that are in International Waters and justify what they are doing saying their is no law therefore they aren't breaking it... well, the same can be said for the protesters.

Why in the world would anyone defend Whaling? Everyone knows that Whales are an endangered species and it's not like these are Eskimos that are going out there to feed their village, they are people trying to make fast money by exploiting loopholes and carelessness. If they worked as legitimate fisherman, then they would not be bothered.
I'm not defending whaling I'm just saying that it is a dangerous job yo try and stop it. They are taking a risk by doing it.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
"Pirates" are in International waters I guess they aren't criminals either. ;) :tongue:

If Green "Peace" was so concerned about polluters why can't they catch Asian and American ships who dump millions of pounds of trash and so on into the oceans? It's because they really don't care. They are self absorbed and want to look like they care about something and they like to feel superior.

They think they are more "green" than you, and when they die they will see Gaia the one they worship.
Because they worship the earth and nature.

It used to be a bad thing to be green. It still is. :tongue:

Ok, so I just looked up some info on the show. It said that the protesters are targeting Japanese ships that are illegally whaling under the cover of research vessels. Well that's pretty obvious because whale researches don't use nets and hooks to capture whales.

here's an article about it that talks about the tensions with Australia and about how these Whalers are committing illegal actions.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article3325580.ece

As for the protesters on the show, they do seem to use antagonistic tactics to try and provoke hostility from the Whalers to generate publicity and get officials involved, which might not be very respectable, but so far they haven't been found to have done anything illegal.

Facetious

Moderated

I've seen previews of it and it didn't interest me in the least bit.
If you were to ask me if I'm opposed to whaling, I would answer with a resounding YES, but I'm not fanatical about it.

My wife loves that show, and I'm beginning to like it too. Gives you an interesting look at the international animal rights scene.

Probably because they're enforcing the law, and have the authority to stop the whalers via both Dutch and Australian law. Keep in mind that this whaling goes on in a whale sanctuary.

That's not an excuse. You don't see PETA shooting McDonald's employees.

If they did they would be locked up.

PETA may not do that, but they regularly support violence perpetrated by animal rights activists. One interesting example is Rodney Coronado, who has been convicted multiple times of firebombing animal research centers and was at one time a member of the Sea Shepard organization, along with PETA. If you think these guys should be getting a bad rap, I'd be inclined to think you'd think the same of PETA.

But the issue is that the whales are not their property. The Japanese exploit a loophole in international legislation that allows them to gather whales for research. The problem with this angle is that they collect anywhere from 800-1200 whales in a single season, and those numbers not only are on par with what Japanese commercial whaling quotas are in other non-protected parts of the world, but also drastically cut into the whale population in the Antarctic region.

☼LEGIT☼
They kill roughly 900+ whales a season for research. I know it's not alright to attack someone, but who the fuck needs 900 whales a season for research? WTF probably using them to figure out if they can get high under water or something crazy. After 10 your just playing with them.

They kill roughly 900+ whales a season for research. I know it's not alright to attack someone, but who the fuck needs 900 whales a season for research? WTF probably using them to figure out if they can get high under water or something crazy. After 10 your just playing with them.

I don't know if what the Sea Shepards are doing is really attacking more than just trying to annoy the Japanese boats.

They attack people who are in a legitimate business.

The senseless brutal slaughter of innocent defenseless beings is never and will never be a legitimate business....or are you going to tell us your loving peacefull god approves of this kind of mass murder?

For a self proclaimed religous and peacefull person your moral values are really screwed up.