• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Was Lenny Bruce Funny?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I'm not all that familiar with Lenny Bruce except for his association with the first amendment being a rebellious comic. I saw the Dustin Hoffman film, Lenny, some years ago. But, aside from what was previously mentioned, was he funny? Did he have an act that made the audience laugh? From what I know toward the end he was mainly going over legal stuff on stage.

What were Lenny Bruce's funniest bits?

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
I don’t know if he was funny, but I heard he was not afraid.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I don’t know if he was funny, but I heard he was not afraid.

Did you see any of his stuff growing up? People talk about him so much about the words and acts he was defending. Were these words and acts he was defending funning or mainly intended for shock value? I'm trying to see what other people see in him. I'd like to find the funny gags and laughter.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Did you see any of his stuff growing up? People talk about him so much about the words and acts he was defending. Were these words and acts he was defending funning or mainly intended for shock value? I'm trying to see what other people see in him. I'd like to find the funny gags and laughter.
He was way before my time. I was three years old when he died. They say Lenny Bruce was a role-model for George Carlin and Richard Pryor.

He was from New York. I didn't know that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenny_Bruce

Last edited: