• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

U.N. to make ban on criticizing Islam mandatory?

"Don't hate" is a just a figure of speech. I'm not implying that you are or were.

As for WorldNetdaily... I consider it a valid news source.

Is some of it propoganda? Of course it is. But some of it isn't, either.

However, it does give information that some news sources do not dish out.

What do you consider neutral news sources? ABC, CBS, NBC? Errr.... not quite. But please tell me where you get yours. I can't get enough news, and I am being serious.

As for some people taking me seriously.... I would wish some would. But I think you know that that line has already been crossed in the minds of a few left slanted individuals.

So, I will just have to live with it. :dunno:

Dude, if you actually think that the U.N. has any sort of power to make any laws that are applicable in the U.S. then I shudder at the thought of the school system you went through and your ability to think for yourself.

Dude, if you actually think that the U.N. has any sort of power to make any laws that are applicable in the U.S. then I shudder at the thought of the school system you went through and your ability to think for yourself.

You know I used to think of that, but after everything that has happened with our new president who just wants to please the world, i.e. "citizens of the world" phrase he loves to use, "we are not your enemy" on his first interview with an Arab tv, his letter to the Russians willing to sacirfice the missile shield in exchange for them talking the Iranians out of developing nukes, the release of the "victims" at Gitmos without no sure plan, dropping charges at the suspects of the U.S.S Cole, giving millions to Hamas for "rebuilding Gaza", wanting Israel to stop being mean at those "rocket launching people" from Gaza, teh fact that they will talk to Iran without no pre conditions, I don't know Dean, but this president is capable of anything and everything.

He has behaving like a power hungry teenager with a credit card with unlimited funds and a mad yearning to please the world sooo bad, that all we need is some global crisis that calls for some one global goverment and there we will be under the U.N. or whatever it will be called as long as he's in charge of it.

With Obama I am not surprised, because he is doing what he said he would do and giving up our rights doesn't matter to him because he is doing what the people (52% voters) wanted him to do...

Blink

Closed Account
This appears to be legitimate... :( More links...

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2004/hrcn1082.doc.htm
COMMISSION ADOPTS RESOLUTIONS ON COMBATING DEFAMATION OF RELIGIONS; RIGHT TO DEVELOPMENT
13/04/2004

http://www.slate.com/id/2212662/
A U.N. resolution seeks to criminalize opinions that differ with the Islamic faith.
Posted Monday, March 2, 2009, at 2:07 PM ET

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/world/story.html?id=9b8e3a6d-795d-440f-a5de-6ff6e78c78d5
Islamic countries Monday won United Nations backing for an anti-blasphemy measure Canada and other Western critics say risks being used to limit freedom of speech.
November 24, 2008

"UNITED NATIONS - The United States won't participate in a U.N. conference on racism in April unless the final document is changed to drop all references to Israel and criticism of religion, a senior U.S. official said Friday."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29433282/
U.S. won't participate in U.N. racism conference
updated 7:01 p.m. ET Feb. 27, 2009

You know I used to think of that, but after everything that has happened with our new president who just wants to please the world, i.e. "citizens of the world" phrase he loves to use, "we are not your enemy" on his first interview with an Arab tv, his letter to the Russians willing to sacirfice the missile shield in exchange for them talking the Iranians out of developing nukes, the release of the "victims" at Gitmos without no sure plan, dropping charges at the suspects of the U.S.S Cole, giving millions to Hamas for "rebuilding Gaza", wanting Israel to stop being mean at those "rocket launching people" from Gaza, teh fact that they will talk to Iran without no pre conditions, I don't know Dean, but this president is capable of anything and everything.

Spare me the melodramatics. The office of the President doesn't have the power to make "a U.N. law" applicable in the U.S.

He has behaving like a power hungry teenager with a credit card with unlimited funds and a mad yearning to please the world sooo bad, that all we need is some global crisis that calls for some one global goverment and there we will be under the U.N. or whatever it will be called as long as he's in charge of it.

That's as realistic a scenario as the "Bush grab for power" that the left was always crying about.

With Obama I am not surprised, because he is doing what he said he would do and giving up our rights doesn't matter to him because he is doing what the people (52% voters) wanted him to do...

Name one fucking right that has been given up.

Geez. I don't know who is more fucked up. You guys on the far right or the assholes on the far left.

Spare me the melodramatics. The office of the President doesn't have the power to make "a U.N. law" applicable in the U.S.

The Office of the President has the right to wiretap your ass and you don't have the right to sue no phone company for giving up your records, prettyy soon google will give up your search engine results, yes all under Bush but I betcha that Obama ain't taking those away.

That's as realistic a scenario as the "Bush grab for power" that the left was always crying about.

And he did, and Obama is enjoying big time.

Name one fucking right that has been given up.

The right to argue where the fuck you want your tax money to be used for is one of them..wait the IRS own us...yeah my bad I should just rollover and give up..

Geez. I don't know who is more fucked up. You guys on the far right or the assholes on the far left.

There you go labeling me as on the "right"...if it makes you feel "right" then go ahead.You think that with those two massive bail outs our rights were not given uP???? wait till your wonderful goverment starts taking that money back to see what right do you have to say no to that.

The right to argue where the fuck you want your tax money to be used for is one of them..wait the IRS own us...yeah my bad I should just rollover and give up..

Do you think Obama just invented the I.R.S.? It's been around since 1913.

As for your other diatribes it sounds more like you should be pissed at Dubya instead of Obama.

As far as the bailouts coming back to bit us on the ass that is correct. However I see equally bad shit happening if the bailouts never happened.

The UN has no legislative power and can't impose laws, so all of you can relax.

The EU on the other hand...

Analingus

Banned
Wipe muslims off the face of the planet please.

Facetious

Moderated

Who's going to grant them (u.n.) the regulatory power to do so ? Let me guess . . the almighty savior, fascist - commy combo'bama.

You thought that the Catholic church was bad in terms of "pedphiliacs" !
The u.n. is ripe with them in the form of blue helmets. (in Afrika)

Oh well, at least that I'm in decent shape for the soon to come, armed rebellion / revolution. I am telling you, this is reaching the saturation point ! This keg is a gonna blow. Better make a final to the grocery store for an additional $250.00 in rations.

keep yur powder dry

Dean apparently received his insider info last march to pull it all out of the market at that time :D :jester: My, he's in a rather positive mood as my 201K becomes a .0000001K retirement fund . . . . these days.

Do you think Obama just invented the I.R.S.? It's been around since 1913.

As for your other diatribes it sounds more like you should be pissed at Dubya instead of Obama.

As far as the bailouts coming back to bit us on the ass that is correct. However I see equally bad shit happening if the bailouts never happened.

No man, you think I would give credit to Obama of inventing the IRS?? what's wrong with you?? But he sure put that big time crook Geitner to run the damn thing. By the way Obama is giving us some sort of tax break something like an extra $13.00 a week or so as soon as in April....wait till next year comes around and we pay those back so much for that "tax break"

I have been pissed at Bush for eight years, I am getting started on this inexperience power hungry left wing lunatic we got for president now. we went from one extreme (far fake right) to the far left.

Then the shit should have gone down, what did we just did? extend it for another time? it's coming one way or the other, I rather deal with it now, been preparing since 2006, people should just stop being pussies and running to the goverment to save them..by the way I understand that Bush started the bail outs...

Look these bail outs are irresponsible the way there were passed there needed to be more debate, more time, not fear like it happened on both ocassions by both parties. We need to put our foot down on all this crazy spending to just give money to the banks so that they can conduct business as normal, they will burn this money and will keep on doing so. Look at AIG, more money was needed again..do you agree we should keep giving them tax payer's money? Look at this homeowner rescue plan from Bail out II, it only applies if your loan was through Fanny or Freddie...do you think that's ok? Look at some of the earmarks in it..for stupid stuff, just burning money...

By the way my bad for diverting from the topic of this thread, but like I said I am not suprised if Obama bows down to the U.N.

Blink

Closed Account
Who's going to grant them (u.n.) the regulatory power to do so ? Let me guess . . the almighty savior, fascist - commy combo'bama.
By the way my bad for diverting from the topic of this thread, but like I said I am not suprised if Obama bows down to the U.N.

MSNBC, 2/27/2009; http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29433282/

"While the U.S. presence was warmly welcomed, the U.S. official said that in the negotiations, a bad document got worse.

The United States has decided that it will not participate in further negotiations on the outcome document and will not participate in the conference itself on the basis of the latest text, the U.S. official said.

The Obama administration would reconsider its position if the document improves in a number of areas including dropping references to any specific country, references to defamation of religion which the U.S. views as a free speech issue, and language on reparations for slavery. It also wants a shorter text and does not want the final document for Durban II to reaffirm the final document from the 2001 Durban conference, the U.S. official said."

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I'm not a lawyer or legal scholar, but I believe a ban like that would be on in effect on the UN floor for debates. I don't believe the have any jurisdiction in any country.

The U.S. Government could forbid such speech at a court house or government building. They have procedural laws. They just can't stop you from speaking in a general public place, writing about it or try and convict you based on your speech. The exception being if you are trying to en cite a riot.

Blink

Closed Account
^ Unfortunately, that's not the case here; this issue applies to more than merely floor debates.

Reuters: U.N. urged to reject bar on defamation of religion (Mar 25, 2009)
GENEVA (Reuters) - Some 200 secular, religious and media groups from around the world on Wednesday urged the United Nations Human Rights Council to reject a call from Islamic countries for a global fight against "defamation of religion."

The groups, including some Muslim bodies, issued their appeal in a statement on the eve of a vote in the Council in Geneva on a resolution proposed by the 56-nation Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC).

Such a resolution, the statement said, "may be used in certain countries to silence and intimidate human rights activists, religious dissenters and other independent voices," and to restrict freedom of religion and of speech.

The resolution, its critics say, would also restrict free speech and even academic study in open societies in the West and elsewhere.