• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Tribute

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I have to pay my tribute to Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi, for they are the duo who had done the most for Blues and Rhythm And Blues, in the last 28 years, so John(May he rest in peace) and Dan, i bow to you.

L3ggy

I knows lots about Blues.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
I'm on a mission from god...

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

L3ggy

Greatest line in movie history.

L3ggy

There many who has helped Blues alot but John and Dan re-introduced and introduced Blues to people in the eighties.

P.S We've got James Brown, Eric Clapton, Jimmie Vaughan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Cab Calloway, Matt "Guitar" Murphy, Dr. John and Paul Shaffer and Rory Gallagher.

There many who has helped Blues alot but John and Dan re-introduced and introduced Blues to people in the eighties.
P.S We've got James Brown, Eric Clapton, Jimmie Vaughan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Cab Calloway, Matt "Guitar" Murphy, Dr. John and Paul Shaffer and Rory Gallagher.

PS: We are forgetting the "Blues Brothers"

PS: We are forgetting the "Blues Brothers"

The blues brothers, whom the original poster was paying tribute to, must be considered for what they are though- fictional characters. Sure, the movie was filled with some other blues greats, but neither Dan nor John can be given too much credit for what guys like Robert Johnson and John Lee Hooker were already famous for doing.

I would think the actual blues musicians and performers should get more credit than a pair of actors.

H

computer says:
«Ya I know»

Helped the Blues? Helped the Blues??? Please, now you're just embarrassing yourself.

The blues brothers, whom the original poster was paying tribute to, must be considered for what they are though- fictional characters. Sure, the movie was filled with some other blues greats, but neither Dan nor John can be given too much credit for what guys like Robert Johnson and John Lee Hooker were already famous for doing.

I would think the actual blues musicians and performers should get more credit than a pair of actors.

H

Yeppers! I liked them as comedians, and occasionally as blues singers only because of their characters. I think they are superficial when you compare them to the real thing in the history of the blues. Because they appealed to pop culture with a themed film, I don't think their stature appealed to a wider audience of music-philes.

It's like an Elvis impersonator credited with the history of music in the late 50's and early 60's.

member006

Closed Account
I have to pay my tribute to Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi, for they are the duo who had done the most for Blues and Rhythm And Blues, in the last 28 years, so John(May he rest in peace) and Dan, i bow to you.

Sorry, but they are/were comedic actors in a movie called "The Blues Brothers". They had nothing to do with R and B history or growth.

LL

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Sorry, but they are/were comedic actors in a movie called "The Blues Brothers". They had nothing to do with R and B history or growth.

LL

Not necessarily. While not directly contributing to the artform.. they certainly gave it a positive, cool image. They drew attention to it the same way movies like Hackers gave Techno and the internet a cool, hip image.

Guitar Hero is teaching a generation of youngsters what people used to listen to in rock history, and increasing manual dexterity so they can bring their future girlfriends off faster! Who can argue with that? :p But I believe sometimes the most superficial thing can drive the popularity of a type of music or a person more than their life work did. Sad.. but yeah. How many people listened to Johnny Cash or Ray Charles before the movies came out after their death? A poseur pays tribute same as a diehard fan, and the longer they like something the less of a poseur they become. :p

Besides, Aykroyd actually does pay homage to the blues relatively well, (For an actor) but on his own he doesnt draw too big of a crowd compared to greats like BB King or Clapton, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-mSQOwAiqA

dave_rhino

Closed Account
Even though it was a fictional movie, they rock.

Especially John Belushi, amazing actor even though his career ended way too early (RIP)

How many people listened to Johnny Cash

*Proudly raises hand*

Infact when I heard a movie was coming out I was a little bit annoyed... But after seeing it, I think they did a pretty good job of it.