• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Top 5 best hip hop artist alive?

Often in hip hop the artistry comes in the production. I would be interested to read from those with a better knowledge of this genre who are the great producers. (and why you think so.)

Good call Mrs. Jolly

For that i would say

RZA
DJ Premier
Kanye (Can't stand him as a rapper, but his production in the Blueprint gets him in the list)
Dr. Dre
Just Blaze

If you like my posts can people please positive rep me because some jabroni gave me multi-negative reps for my top five rappers. Thanx in advance :lovecoupl

No Pete Rock???

I would say top 5 MCs

Rakim
Chuck D
Jay Z
Nas
Common

DJ/Producers;

Pete Rock
Premier
Prince Paul
Terminator X/Bomb Squad
Dr. Dre

Big Poppa Pump

- My Name Is My Name -
Damn, how could I forget Pete Rock. Thats why its so hard to put a top five together. Add Pete Rock to my top five list at the expense of Just Blaze (No way am I leaving RZA out, lol!)

If you like my posts can people please positive rep me because some jabroni gave me multi-negative reps for my top five rappers. Thanx in advance

dooney;3497475Lil Wayne might say some off the walll shit sometimes said:
No he can't.... dude would get ripped at a local mic night...

For all you Michigan cats , Esham is together with Eminem the best artist to be coming from Michigun in my opinion....

Esham isn't dead yet?? ain't really feeling em's new shit....

Some better Detroit guys out there now:

Paradime I think this is a sweet ass video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp51XOx2cSM

Hush http://www.myspace.com/hush

Lazarus http://www.myspace.com/lazdetroit

I like The Roots a lot -- they don't strike me as hip-hop so much as jazz/fusion guys doing their own thing who just get called "hip hop" because that's what we called black performers now.

Try learning what hip-hop, jazz, and fusion are, and then try again.

Please tell me your joking...... in 4 mins and 27 seconds he only used 2 words... block & boy.... There was nothing lyrical about him, the beat was trash, a bunch of dumb-asses standing around.... just ANOTHER GENERIC rapper.... :dunno: I can freestyle in my sleep better then that and the sad part is he prolly sat down and wrote it....

Here's a Canibus quote that matches that trash:

"im tired of these state rappaz is 90 percent of rappas kick is subject matterless not orginal but Blasphemous just a bunch of the same characters shooting the same videos its embarrassin'using the same formulas to have a hit
using the same acters and actresses same shit
different Laxative face it ***** ya wack as shit"

Please tell me your joking...... in 4 mins and 27 seconds he only used 2 words... block & boy.... There was nothing lyrical about him, the beat was trash, a bunch of dumb-asses standing around.... just ANOTHER GENERIC rapper.... :dunno: I can freestyle in my sleep better then that and the sad part is he prolly sat down and wrote it....

Here's a Canibus quote that matches that trash:

"im tired of these state rappaz is 90 percent of rappas kick is subject matterless not orginal but Blasphemous just a bunch of the same characters shooting the same videos its embarrassin'using the same formulas to have a hit
using the same acters and actresses same shit
different Laxative face it ***** ya wack as shit"

Well....here's the thing...this is in the context of Detroit rappers.

How it matters is, hip hop is not just about who can sit down and go through a dictionary and write up a bunch rap lines that connect. It's also about a style's relevancy to the local culture you're representing....:2 cents:

Sorry, didn't mean to offend your sensibilities but if you can freestyle better than him....(assuming you don't have one) then you should have the record deal, not him.:dunno:

Well....here's the thing...this is in the context of Detroit rappers.

How it matters is, hip hop is not just about who can sit down and go through a dictionary and write up a bunch rap lines that connect. It's also about a style's relevancy to the local culture you're representing....:2 cents:

Sorry, didn't mean to offend your sensibilities but if you can freestyle better than him....(assuming you don't have one) then you should have the record deal, not him.:dunno:

a dictionary.... DICTIONARY??? what words were you having trouble with??? must have been thrown off because there were more then 2 words in a verse...

There was NOTHING Detroit about that track other then the I-94 shirts...

I wasn't offend, my point was I"M NOT trying to be a rapper... HE on the other hand IS, I just think he could try a little harder and bring something new to the table.

a dictionary.... DICTIONARY??? what words were you having trouble with??? must have been thrown off because there were more then 2 words in a verse...

There was NOTHING Detroit about that track other then the I-94 shirts...

I wasn't offend, my point was I"M NOT trying to be a rapper... HE on the other hand IS, I just think he could try a little harder and bring something new to the table.

<chuckle> Okay.:thumbsup:

I don't know about you but I've been listening to hip hop many, many, many years...the point of the the dictionary reference was..sometimes some lines connect but don't fit. If you don't know what I'm talking about I can't explain it to you...At least I'm not willing to devote a post to it.

But here's the other thing....everybody's trying to "bring something new". That's where bullshit comes from (if you really think about it).

Sometimes it just is what it is and it's best to do you and keep some things simple.

I live in California now but I was raised in New York and Michigan. If Stretch Money NEVER mentioned Detroit once or I never saw any video of him....I could tell instantly the guy was most likely from somewhere in Michigan or Detroit specifically.

But hey....we all have our thing....I can appreciate the complex stuff and/or the simple stuff.