• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Walking Dead on AMC

Who is EXCITED for The Waking Dead tomorrow besides me?

Hell yeah! Top questions going in to this season...

1-What's going on with Beth? Where the hell is she?
2-Which major character gets it in the opener? You know a core character is going to die
3-What's up with Terminus? Who are these people? How does the group get out of there and etc etc
4-What will happen when Rick and Carol meet up again?
5-Is Eugene really a genius with the knowledge of "what happened" or a goofball? Will the group head to DC?

vanlee1

IMAGINE
I'm excited for this evening. I also think that alot of the comic fanboys are going to be pissed off because I think they are going to steer way way away from the books this Season.
I like that direction, I have not read any of the books to avoid spoilers.

vanlee1

IMAGINE
Great season 5 opener last night, had me at the edge of my seat :shocked:

Of note (spoilers!):

Terminus was a really bad place, good to see it go.

Carol is a bad ass woman who saved the day.

The scientist shared a rough idea of what the cure is.

Rick sent Gareth a good bye message with a bullet, stills owes him a machete though.

Looks like Morgan "Cleared" his schedule for the end of the episode ;)

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Possible spoilers.

Eugene Porter is lying, he doesn't have the cure.

Washington is not a safe zone.

Aaliyah Love

Official Checked Star Member
ok so I got a question.. I feel like I'm the last person on Earth to not see this show. I mean, my exbf made me read the comic book right before the show came out, and I've seen 4 or 5 random episodes here and there and enjoyed them.. but I haven't stuck with it.. I know a new season just started.. could I start at episode 1, new season, and just "pick it up" from there? Or would I need to start with season 1, episode 1? And is it REALLY worth it?

vanlee1

IMAGINE
ok so I got a question.. I feel like I'm the last person on Earth to not see this show. I mean, my exbf made me read the comic book right before the show came out, and I've seen 4 or 5 random episodes here and there and enjoyed them.. but I haven't stuck with it.. I know a new season just started.. could I start at episode 1, new season, and just "pick it up" from there? Or would I need to start with season 1, episode 1? And is it REALLY worth it?

Hi Aaliyah, the TV series does use the books as a template for characters and roughly weaves in and out for story material according to the producers. I would recommend watching from the beginning season 1 episode 1 because a lot of the show is about the character interactions and the actors who play these characters are great at bringing them to life. Some of the main TV characters are not in the comic book (ie. Merle), some are an amalgamation and in the case of the Governor he was a reinvention of the book character. Give it a trial run if you have access to streaming, hope you enjoy it.

I second what Vanlee said. It's best if you start with Season 1 and yes, it's really worth it.

Damn that was a great episode. When Rick hugged Judith I wanted to cry it was so sweet.

You were stronger than me. I was waiting for that reunion for the last 7 months.

That was definitely my favorite episode of the series. And it broke the ratings record as the most watched cable show of all time.

SteelerzNation

Closed Account
[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/aaliyah-love said:
Aaliyah Love[/URL][/B], post: 8644281, member: 370968"]ugh I get what you guys are saying but I'm not sure if I'm ready for that kind of commitment..

Once you start watching, it will become addictive.

SteelerzNation

Closed Account
Havent read the thread back very far, but whats the general consensus around here? I'm familiar with both the comics and the series. Do you guys basically stick to one or the other?, or do you weave storylines between the two?

My rec would be to do a power watch in this mid-season break. In two more weeks, the show takes like two months off and then picks back up. If I were you, I'd watch from season 1 and catch up. There's a lot of back-referencing that goes on and it makes watching more fun if you know what's happening from day 1.

Plus, those early seasons are a lot of fun to watch.