• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Super Street Fighter II Turbo : HD Remix.

This may be old news, but just in case there are some fighting game fans among us who haven't heard it yet...

Capcom are busy working on Super Street Fighter II Turbo : HD Remix.
This time it's more than just a remake. The all-time classic arcade hit is being rebuilt from the gound up, this time using artwork from the guys at UDON comics.
(UDON are the same creators behind the excellent Street Fighter comic.)

As the title suggests, the game will be optimized for HD signals, wich means that the graphics will have comic book quality !
The game will be released for PS3 and Xbox 360 via download.
I'm telling you guys, I can't wait to get my hands on this one

For all the latest info and screenshots, check the following url.

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/previews/preview.pl?sys=xbox360&game=ssf2hd

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Ehhh, I'm gonna totally disagree on this one.

For one.. it's long overdue. About as overdue as making a Simpsons movie in 2007. As opposed to 1997.. which would still be TEN FRICKIN' YEARS TOO LATE!

For two, I havent enjoyed a capcom fighter since Darkstalkers. Fighting games are.. in my opinion.. only for fanboys these days. Fanboys who can remember every single move. They know all the 20 button-press combos. F!ck 'em. The last fighting game I enjoyed was Soul Calibur for DC. Combos, c-breakers and choosing which version of Chun-Li I want to play is bullsh!t. (Capcom Vs. SNK, anyone? C, A, P or S, N, K?! CHOOSE QUICK!)

For one.. it's long overdue. About as overdue as making a Simpsons movie in 2007. As opposed to 1997.. which would still be TEN FRICKIN' YEARS TOO LATE!

For two, I havent enjoyed a capcom fighter since Darkstalkers. Fighting games are.. in my opinion.. only for fanboys these days. Fanboys who can remember every single move. They know all the 20 button-press combos. F!ck 'em. The last fighting game I enjoyed was Soul Calibur for DC. Combos, c-breakers and choosing which version of Chun-Li I want to play is bullsh!t. (Capcom Vs. SNK, anyone? C, A, P or S, N, K?! CHOOSE QUICK!)

I think you're missing the point. It's done for the 15th anniversary of the game, so it's not really a case of it beign too late. And they're not actually updating the game, just the graphics. In fact everything else is the same - even the music, which seems a little odd to me, but nonetheless.

Basically, if you liked SSFIIT, then you'll like this. Udon do some great shit, and although some of the sprites I've seen aren't quite up to their usual standards, I think it's going to be a great finished product anyway.

Well to each their own dude. But every genre has it's fanboys, so why not fighting games ?
I love fighting games and even tough 2D fighters have lost populairity nowadays, 3D fighters are still going strong.
Tekken 6 is on it's way and it's looking better than ever.
Namco is even looking to score a double-hit with the upcoming Soul Calibur IV for Xbox 360 and PS3.
And even the Mortal Kombat franchise is still up and running.

As for fanboys like myself knowing all the moves, button presses and combos... I confess, guilty as charged and I'm proud of it.

Butt once again, to each their own dude. :glugglug:

Last edited:

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I think you're missing the point. It's done for the 15th anniversary of the game, so it's not really a case of it beign too late. And they're not actually updating the game, just the graphics. In fact everything else is the same - even the music, which seems a little odd to me, but nonetheless.

Basically, if you liked SSFIIT, then you'll like this. Udon do some great shit, and although some of the sprites I've seen aren't quite up to their usual standards, I think it's going to be a great finished product anyway.

Point not missed: Point being that they could've upgraded their character sprites ANY time at all but 15 years later? GEEZ! That's pretty shabby tribute for one of their flagship titles. What about 10 years? 5? I just remember the jokes in EGM and such back in the day that they'd never, EVER make a street fighter three. Only remix, makeover and completely f!ck up all the extra versions of SF2 they could. Lessee... SF2 tournament edition, turbo edition.. alpha... zero.. arcade game... capcom vs snk.. etc etc..

WHERE IS THREE?! Ryu is like 40 years old now! Chun Li should have saggy tits! Stop beating a dead horse and scrap the old characters! Capcom hasnt made an original game in years for their fighting series.

Who cares about HD? Animations are what matters. Street Fighter 3 looks fantastic although it´s quite old and 2D.
BTW there´s also a Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo on Game Boy Advance (called Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival).