• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Remember the Utah Thread? And Then There Was Arkansas!

the word marriage was used well before it became meaning a joining between a man and a woman, biblically it was "the Lord's joining" until about the last 100 years. The word marriage was defined as A combination or mixture of two or more elements. The term was changed to include religious joinings

Philbert

Banned
You are still really off topic, huh?:rofl:

The hilarity continues. You have yet to post a single word that has anything to do with the topic of this thread. Why, because that's how incredibly dense you are. If you can't find a single friend, at least find me one person that will state that these comments aren't best directed to you rather than by you. Just one. Find one person that will back you up on this river of shit that you insist on swimming in.

Why?

the word marriage was used well before it became meaning a joining between a man and a woman, biblically it was "the Lord's joining" until about the last 100 years. The word marriage was defined as A combination or mixture of two or more elements. The term was changed to include religious joinings

Did not know that.

But in my views in tradition growing up has always had the meaning of a man and woman.

I just feel civil unions are compromises that gives equal rights without the fight.

Mayhem

Banned
As a moderate we shouldn't be using the Government to change the tradition of marriage meaning between a man and women to the same sex. Not a gay bashing statement, but the tradition that has been set since man kind creation.

What we need is civil union laws that allows same sex partners to have equal access for laws on taxes and estates for couples who feel their lifetime partner is someone of the same sex.

We can avoid the fight by not trying to change the meaning of marriage.

The problem is, "tradition" is a very weak crutch. It's "tradition" that Blacks are inferior to whites, that they are 3/5ths of a man. Should we keep that particular tradition? It's tradition that a woman's place is in the home, she is the property of the husband. Hell, it wasn't until the 20th Century that women were allowed to vote. How's that for tradition? (Honestly, every time I hear Palin, Bachmann, etc go on about "bringing back Traditional American Values", I think, "Then what are you doing speaking into a microphone? Get your ass back in the kitchen because that's what you're asking for.")

The "tradition" of marriage is two people who wish to make a life-long commitment to each other.

Did not know that.

But in my views in tradition growing up has always had the meaning of a man and woman.

I just feel civil unions are compromises that gives equal rights without the fight.
I can respect that but to let you know most major dictionaries have already changed it to include same sex

The problem is, "tradition" is a very weak crutch. It's "tradition" that Blacks are inferior to whites, that they are 3/5ths of a man. Should we keep that particular tradition? It's tradition that a woman's place is in the home, she is the property of the husband. Hell, it wasn't until the 20th Century that women were allowed to vote. How's that for tradition? (Honestly, every time I hear Palin, Bachmann, etc go on about "bringing back Traditional American Values", I think, "Then what are you doing speaking into a microphone? Get your ass back in the kitchen because that's what you're asking for.")

The "tradition" of marriage is two people who wish to make a life-long commitment to each other.

That is all on basic human rights.

What i'm talking about is symbolic in nature that has no vary on human rights, but rights under the law,

- - - Updated - - -

I can respect that but to let you know most major dictionaries have already changed it to include same sex

Will research that.

Mayhem

Banned
Marriage has been around a lot longer than voting. So how is one a basic human right and the other isn't?

Marriage has been around a lot longer than voting. So how is one a basic human right and the other isn't?

It is a give and take for both sides. Marriage traditional supporters get to keep their meaning that they cherish and same sex supporters get equal protection under the law with matters such as taxes and estate heritages rights under civil union laws. .

My views are for a compromise, witch is the same sex supporters biggest complaint on equal rights on the matters, and lets us move on to more important issues like Benghazi and lets create a phony up roar of blame for the mid terms as the attack killed more foolish terrorists from the 4 that died.

And not to sound as a wise ass,

If we defined same sex marriage, who is the husband and who is the wife?

Once again, my views is for civil unions with equal protection that married couples have.

Mayhem

Banned
It is a give and take for both sides. Marriage traditional supporters get to keep their meaning that they cherish and same sex supporters get equal protection under the law with matters such as taxes and estate heritages rights under civil union laws. .

My views are for a compromise, witch is the same sex supporters biggest complaint on equal rights on the matters, and lets us move on to more important issues like Benghazi and lets create a phony up roar of blame for the mid terms as the attack killed more foolish terrorists from the 4 that died.

And not to sound as a wise ass,

If we defined same sex marriage, who is the husband and who is the wife?

Once again, my views is for civil unions with equal protection that married couples have.

There is a term for what you're describing. "Separate But Equal".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separate_but_equal

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I never realized just how much you idolize me.

If that's what you took from what I posted, not only are you a lying, ignorant motherfucker, but you're delusional as well. Why don't you go pick up another liter of Jack Daniels you'll be needing it mañana, hijo de puta.

There is a term for what you're describing. "Separate But Equal".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separate_but_equal

No, compromise not on obvious human rights but on the symbolic meaning held dear by recent tradition that has been the norm.

Just a difference of meaning of a couple, plus marriage is not value with the generation after the Xers came of age. Maybe in 20 years values soften, but trying to win a symbolic meaning of to be married is just giving the baby boomer based reason to up roar.