• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Oral sex linked to throat cancer

Namreg

Banned
isn't there anything that's fun that won't fucking kill you?

"The New England Journal of Medicine study said the risk was almost nine times higher for people who reported oral sex with more than six partners."

link to BBC story

This was in Playboy too....it basically just says that if you are fucking around with that many people, chances are you may come in contact with someone who has an STD, which may lead to cancer.

Fear mongers.

There is a new study put out every day that says that something else seemingly innocuous may kill you in the long run.....if you pay too much attention to all of this crap you may drive yourself nuts.

Use common sense, be safe, have fun, and live your damn life.

can you think of a better way to die ?

how is it they cant find a cure for cancer but can find amillon and 1 ways to get it

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
can you think of a better way to die ?

Yes, but how would Angelina Jolie's lips be put on Anne Hathaway's body while Eva Green wanders on-set and...

... okay, I cant daydream anymore. Good luck to the rest of you, I'm wanking!

Blink

Closed Account
As stated in the article, some "high-risk strains" of human papillomavirus (HPV) have been known to cause cancer. This really isn't specific to oral sex alone; the virus can also be transmitted via vaginal sex and anal sex. The most interesting bit is the following:

Most HPV infections clear with little or no symptoms but a small percentage of people who acquired high-risk strains may develop a cancer, the researchers added.

My advice: Always use condoms with casual partners. Always insist that your repeat sexual partner(s) be tested. Always avoid anyone known to have HPV (or any STI for that matter). Admittedly, that might be a bit difficult; I believe HPV is one of the most common STIs...

GabberMan

Closed Account
It won't stop me. Smoking's bad enough. If anything oral sex is a healthy thing to do by my standards.

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
The only inevitable thing about life is death so enjoy it. There is no way in hell this is going to stop me giving head. I love blowjobs, end of. x

Hey I ain't mad at you give it a week or two and we will find out something else causes cancer.They say a glass of red wine is good for you once a day.But you are also killing your liver,:dunno: Go figure.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
"The New England Journal of Medicine study said the risk was almost nine times higher for people who reported oral sex with more than six partners."

Read the bolded part.

More breaking news: Your risk for other sexually transmitted diseases, AIDS, and herpes goes up the more partners you have. :tongue:

Spleen

Banned?
Well, 1 in 3 people will get some form of cancer anyway, so I don't think this much of a big deal.

The only inevitable thing about life is death so enjoy it. There is no way in hell this is going to stop me giving head. I love blowjobs, end of. x

Me too, heehee. The only thing that will stop me from sucking dick is if it is too big to fit in my mouth. Otherwise, bring on the cancer, lol

Blink

Closed Account
Now that I think about it shouldn't oral sex really hurt your throat or damage it.
Ask a medical doctor or spend time searching. My perception is that trauma caused by oral intercourse is usually not significant beyond facilitating the transmission of STIs. Besides, the mouth has a very effective defense mechanism to prevent serious injury from occuring.

Anyway, the linked article doesn't explain the whole story about this STI: According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention[1] on genital HPV infection (oral sex is not included, but it should be), there are more than 40 types (strains) of the virus, and HPV infects the skin and mucous membranes. The CDC claims that genital HPV is the most common STI, and that most people with it do not develop symptoms. There can be multiple infections of different viral strains[2] as well.

Envision a receptive woman having unprotected intercourse with many partners in three orifices (or a homosexual man in two). Consider that, over time, she could be accumulating different strains of high-risk HPV in her throat, on her cervix, and scattered throughout her rectal mucosa (among other locations along the way). My guess is that the risk of developing cancer increases substantially with the presence of many different HPV infections. A weakened immune system could also contribute to that. But there is some good news:

"In 90% of cases, the body’s immune system clears the HPV infection naturally within two years. This is true of both high-risk and low-risk types... A vaccine can now protect females from the four types of HPV that cause most cervical cancers and genital warts." [1]

Refs:
1. http://www.cdc.gov/std/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm [archive.org snapshot]
2. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14693839