• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Onward Christian Soldiers!!! (So, Iraq WASN'T a crusade, eh?)

Now look at this stuff and tell me it's not royally fucked up.

Apparently Rummy used Bible verses to help Bush maintain his hard-on for the war in Iraq.

What a disturbing mindset some of these people have. Dr. Strangelove is starting to look more and more like a documentary before its time!

http://men.style.com/gq/features/topsecret?

(Don't ask me how, but somehow GQ magazine got the scoop on this!)

Philbert

Banned

Apparently Rummy used Bible verses to help Bush maintain his hard-on for the war in Iraq.

What a disturbing mindset some of these people have. Dr. Strangelove is starting to look more and more like a documentary before its time!

The disturbing mindset is completely yours...

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Well, c'mon FC....extreme measures are certainly justified when you are fighting radical religious fanatics who will stop at nothing to achieve their evil ends!!

Seriously, if there is corroborative evidence that this is a legitimate document, it's very disturbing indeed. The fact that GQ got the scoop on it creates just a wee bit of doubt in my mind. Especially considering the other sources that came up when I did a Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=rums...rg.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=DV3&start=0&sa=N

I'll keep looking.

FK--you deserve rep for this hilarious thread title but...

If that powerpoint is actually an *official* doc created by Rummy or Rummy's minions, then I am embarrassed for him and for our nation, simply from a desktop publishing/aesthetic side...good grief! It looks a but hackneyed, like something somebody dummied up.

HOWEVER...I believe a recent, as in last week, issued of The New Yorker or Harper's had the same basic story--a feature on how Christianity and the Military were "intertwined" during the Neocons reign....

I'm just sad for the human race, in general.

We have the capacity for peace. Compassion, goodwill and understanding. Love, as a whole. Yet we choose, so often, to be selfish, terratorial, closed-minded, stubborn, egotistical, coniving animals.

Map lines, imaginary friends, paper-claims, power... Righteousness. We are the only creatures on the planet who understand hate. Who feel it. Nature, fucking with us again? God?

I don't blame faith. It's intentions are mostly good. It's people who are to blame, in all our manipulations, our guille and our greed.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Don't believe this for a minute.

Ol' Bush is as far from Christianiy as someone can be.

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face! It is just a G**d**n piece of paper!" Bush

Article

Not to mention he's a Skull and Bones member and his activities in the Bohemian Grove, among other things.

It would not suprise me.

Those clowns, Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld, were prepared to lie and fabricate "evidence" to justify their world view.

Those criminals make Nixon and Kissinger look like boy scouts.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Sorry Facial_King....I meant FK....not sure where I got FC from. Soccer team maybe? LOL

It would not suprise me.

Those clowns, Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld, were prepared to lie and fabricate "evidence" to justify their world view.

Those criminals make Nixon and Kissinger look like boy scouts.

Um... EVERY politician is prepared to lie and fabricate things to justify pretty much everything they do, world wide or domestic.

And if you believe otherwise, I have some awesome land for sale, about fifty miles west of Los Angeles.

H

wow GQ... what a reliable news source

We'll see, I guess. They simply got the documents; maybe someone had connections. :dunno:

I'm thinking these covers are legit. - if not, I'm sure one of the Defend-Bush-At-All-Costs right-wing blogs would've likely debunked them by now (the glories of a free (albeit virtual) press and all)...

Slow news day, Facial_King? :D

Bush explicitly said that the War on Terror was not a religious crusade. Such documents call that characterization into question, don't you think?

Simply trying to dismiss this, brush it off, with "Slow news day?" is not a substantive response.

Um... EVERY politician is prepared to lie and fabricate things to justify pretty much everything they do, world wide or domestic.

And if you believe otherwise, I have some awesome land for sale, about fifty miles west of Los Angeles.
H

So what do you with that sort of wholesale cynicism? Become a complete nihilist? :confused:

Anyway, what about that land that you have for sale?

http://www.navair.navy.mil/jobs/index.cfm?fuseaction=locations.display&location_id=2

"Point Mugu lies 50 miles west of Los Angeles near the cities of Camarillo, Oxnard, and Ventura..."

Based on this, I would've guessed that you know of it:
"NAVAIR Point Mugu is one of the eight Naval Air Systems Command sites that provides the highest standard in warfare technology through supremacy in naval aviation technologies."

Sounds like a nice spot to own some land, though:
"These cities offer a nice mix of big city amenities and outdoor fun in their golf courses, miles of bike paths, hiking, and clean beaches for deep sea fishing, surfing and sailing."

:wave2:

Two wrongs, don't make a right.

The fact is that the neocon Republicians fabricated evidence to try to justify it's policy of invading Iraq.
Iraq never had WMD.

I much prefer to invest in Europe, thank you very much.

So, are we not ever allowed to reference a quote from the Bible in the US anymore?

I have no use for religious fanatics whatever their religion of choice.IMO we have to rid ourselves of such before we start crying about others religious fanatics.We still like the crusades when led by a whack job like Bush were still engaging in the old our god is right yours is wrong nonsense.God told Bush this and that,he should have been institutionalized in a psychatritic ward instead of being elected the leader of the greatest power on earth.:eek: