• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Nintendo Wii

I am sooooo hyped about this system....but being I already weigh a whopping 115 lbs I am sure to loose a few pounds seeing it seems to be very interactive.....PRAY FOR ME:1orglaugh Ummmm not to sound shitty or a big nerd I have to date beaten every single game I have ever bought in at least 2 days....I might have a friggin heartattack over this system

Last edited:
I can't see why anyone would want to stand or sit in front of their t.v, constantly waving their arms arround to make the game play. It's just retarded. The Wii is a gimmick. It is crap. Don't waste your money children. :2 cents:

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I can't see why anyone would want to stand or sit in front of their t.v, constantly waving their arms arround to make the game play. It's just retarded. The Wii is a gimmick. It is crap. Don't waste your money children. :2 cents:

They'll all learn soon enough, my breastular friend. Like DDR pads, the power glove and tilting controllers.. they're all things that sound great. But fail. Because games shouldnt be work. You wanna wave your hands about at your tiny TV screen, go right ahead. I think playing it for any length of time will be like wanking off for an hour while your arm hurts from so much use... but.. without the payoff at the end. lol

Dude, I'm in decent shape and I dont even like pointing my TV remote at the screen longer than I have to. In my army boot camp it was punishment to hold your arms out at length for a period of time.. now why would I want to do anything but sit back, and barely move my thumbs to make somebody move on-screen?

Dude, I'm in decent shape and I dont even like pointing my TV remote at the screen longer than I have to. In my army boot camp it was punishment to hold your arms out at length for a period of time.. now why would I want to do anything but sit back, and barely move my thumbs to make somebody move on-screen?

Lol, exactly! The only arm movement I want to make is to grab a hand full of chips, or a refreshing beer while I play!:D

(Also note that my Avatar is not in support of Nintendo, Yoshi is in fact recieving the beating of his life.;) )

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Gimik sound like the right word to me for the wii and what's with the stupid fuckin name...wii...wtf? Shoulda left it as revolution. Sounds normal at least! PS3 controller has the movement thing in it to. I don't like that at all. So I guess if i were to buy a console today, it'd be 360. But still gonna wait a year or so. Hell I might just spend the 600 or 400 that I woulda spent on a PS3 or 360 respectfully, on some upgrades to my comp and game on that! Like Torre said, spend a few hundred a year and your right up there with the newest consoles! I've notice to that just about everygame ever made for a console is available somewhere online to download to play on a pc!

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
A few hundred on your home pc isnt going to get you anywhere near the new consoles.

Here are the facts: Nvidia uses separate Vertex and Pixel Shaders, ATI uses a Unified Shader which does both Vertex and Pixel Shading using the same Shader. When Nvidia calculates performance, it totals both Vertex and Pixel Shaders running at peak efficiency. When ATI calculates performance, it totals the performance of the single unified shader (composed of both Pixel and Vertex shaders) at peak efficiency. So this means that in order to compare ATI's performance to Nvidia's, you would double the rated performance.

PS3:

CPU=0.25 TFlops

GPU=1.80 TFlops for both Pixel and Vertex Shaders

XBOX360:

CPU=0.18 TFlops

GPU=0.88 TFlops for Unified Shaders=1.75 TFlops for combined Pixel and Vertex Shaders

So the PS3 has a total theoretical of about 2 TFlops and XBox 360 has about 1.9 TFlops (counting Pixel and Vertex shaders separately, as the PS3 does)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Firstly, the maximum possible performance is an out-and-out hyped up lie. If you were intimate with the architecture, programming and hardware strengths.. you'd still only get 70-80% of the maximum after you realize that their reported numbers are a combination of every last performance number they can find.. adding all the processing elements.. GPU, blah blah..

Point being, that if you ignore the numbers.. you could have a mid-line 64 bit CPU with a gig or two of DDR-RAM and ohh, a decent PCI express card from BFG tech that's well under.. or near the 600 dollar asking price of a PS3.. and you'd get the exact same performance at the very least. Video cards make or break a gaming PC these days.

PC's get a bad rep, but its amazing that so many different pieces of hardware that're barely optimized to work with any other part.. all come together and run an operating system, graphics engine through different API's..surround sound even on INTEGRATED sound setups.. and can still compare with a dedicated OS with controlled programming and specially-designed chips/GPU's.

Its sort of comparing apples to oranges, but if we're just talking about the games.. the PC will always have consoles beat. Manufacturers dont have to pay publishing fees to IBM or Intel the same as Nintendo, etc.. backwards compatibility and console emulation practically ensure an infinite library of games. Not to mention the possibility of downloading pretty much anything you want. Old NES games, 0-day old demos..

Oh well, I've typed too much for a simple post. Ta ta.

i have pre-ordered mine

with zelda,red steel,call of duty 3, marvel: ultimate alliance,far cry vengeance
and splinter cell double agent.

i also ordered the classic controller. so the only arm injuries i will be getting will be from to much masturbating

and to come in the coming months are

super mario galaxy
metroid prime 3 corruption
and
super smash bros brawl

i can't wait

I'm getting a PS3, but I'll definitely be playing the Wii with friends, the innovative controls make any game all the more interesting.

I won't buy one but, I'll definitely play someone else's. Wii seems more like a gimmick to me, more so than a console for "hardcore" gamers.:2 cents: It's like they just made up some bullshit and said "Let's see how many chumps will buy this."

I will be picking one up for me and my 16 year old daughter, I'm just waiting for them to be readily available at the stores and for some better games to come out for it.