• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL'13/'14 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
OK.... the strike-shortened NHL season ends close to the 4th of July with the Blackhawks taking home Lord Stanley's coveted cup. Congratulations, Chicago! Now, let the chatter begin for next year. Hockey rocks!!

Guys are going to be bought out and make free agency interesting.

Briere and Bryzgalov already gone from the Flyers. So who is the next goalie that goes to the "goalie graveyard" that is Philadelphia?

Jagger69

So who is the next goalie that goes to the "goalie graveyard" that is Philadelphia?

My pick is Brian Elliott. He'd look good in orange and black. And he's just good enough that the Flyers might go after him. With a healthy Halak (hopefully!!) and Jake Allen in tow for the Blues, Elliott is expendable in my book.

No, they'll go with a headcase. They'll pull off some ridiculous trade for Miller or Luongo somehow, and in 3 years they'll be right back to where they are now.

No, they'll go with a headcase. They'll pull off some ridiculous trade for Miller or Luongo somehow, and in 3 years they'll be right back to where they are now.

They had the press conference with Holmgren and he said Luongo won't work. It is the Flyers though so who knows. Only way I can see Luongo there is if Vancouver buys him out because I don't know of any team that wants to deal with that contract.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
Gotta see how the lowering of the cap is gonna affect teams. I think it is down to $64million this year. I know the Bruins are going to have to wheel and deal.

Gotta see how the lowering of the cap is gonna affect teams. I think it is down to $64million this year. I know the Bruins are going to have to wheel and deal.

Unfortunately, Horton's gone unless he wants to give us a discount.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
Horton's gone and it looks like Seguin may not be far behind him. I thought he played well in the playoffs, just didn't get much on the scoreboard. GM could just be rattling his cage.

Jagger69

Without having a 1st round pick, I thought the Blues did pretty well to pick up Vanelli and Carrier. Now we need to get a guy who can score some goals to replace Andy McDonald who couldn't.

So it has been quite a strange offseason especially now with Kovalchuk retiring from the NHL and heading back to Russia. My prediction, the guy will be back in a season or two as this seems to be a way for the Devils to dump a shitty contract without having to buy him out, plus it helps them as they've been having financial troubles recently. Lou Lamoriello is a greasy bastard and makes things fun.

Jagger69

Looks like the Blues couldn't find a trading partner for Halak so it will be a triumvirate in goal for them again next season (assuming Halak can stay healthy) so they dumped some salary by trading David Perron to Edmonton for Magnus Paajarvi. Perron never has been the same since he suffered his concussion. Paajarvi has great upside so I like the move. Otherwise, it appears that they are obsessed with beating LA by continuing to bring in big forwards like Mancari, Bolduc and Lapierre. I also think the addition of Derek Roy helps to solidify the center position and will probably allow Hitchcock to move Backes to the wing where he really belongs. No blockbuster moves but that's what we always expect being Blues fans.

The penguins will be tough next season

I haven't really paid attention to their offseason moves other than their re-signings, but I didn't see much from them that scared me in the playoffs. At least from a bruins fan standpoint. We play a style that's meant to shut down teams front loaded with superstars, while punishing the sub-par rest of the team. I'm not trying to say that the rest of their team sucks, but when you tie that much salary in Crosby/Malkin/Letang/Fluery/Neal, you're going to suffer with depth.

Plus the Bruins picked up Iginla and Eriksson, who I have medium and high hopes for, respectively. Still not sure about the Seguin trade. I mean, we got fair value for sure on paper, but I probably wouldn't have given up on Segs at t we really only 1 full season in 3 years (he had an excellent year, too). All in all, I'm excited for next year... like a lot. Loui's always been one of my favorite non-bruins, as was Iginla before he went to Pitt. As far as that whole storyline goes, I'm completely over it, and I wasn't that mad in the first place. Yeah, I posted crap when we swept him and Pitt, but that was oh because the irony was delicious. I wanted him at the deadline, and I'm glad we have him now. He's had a long career as a classy, powerful, loyal, no-bullshit player. I'm not going act like he's some piece of shit because be chose Pittsburgh in a moment of cranial flatulence.

Status
Not open for further replies.