• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL 2008-2009 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. Someone calls you out on your bullshit lie, and all you can say is "you guys are fucked".

You could have just stated your opinion and analysis of the series and that would have been that. Instead you make up some sort of false identity to try and back up yourself up, and then try and claim dominion over every poster in this thread.

You sir...are the one that is fucked.

Kudos to rodfarva for calling this fool out.

i never claimed dominion over anyone, its you that has me up on this pedestal

:nanner:

agreed I think they would get the support but I dunno, I'd rather see it go back to Winnipeg.

Live in NW Ontario now used to drive in and see the Jets all the time.

whats your name? smartass

believe what u want, i really dont give a damn

and with this BS, i exit this thread of an expired hockey season.

cam-perv, if you really don't care, good think you made sure to get back on the thread and tell him you don't. that showed him.

who is going to start next year's thread? time to start talking about toronto's hopes (which will be dashed because toronto doesn't have to have a winning team to sell tickets so why would they care?).

i too would say winnipeg but unfortunately they couldnt support the team well enough before, so whos to say that they now can....sorry winnipeg is a great place for hockey and have some relatives there that are hoping they get another team but economics dont make any sense...

i too would say winnipeg but unfortunately they couldnt support the team well enough before, so whos to say that they now can....sorry winnipeg is a great place for hockey and have some relatives there that are hoping they get another team but economics dont make any sense...

What was the main reason they took the team out wasn't it just politics?

I really have no idea where the team should be right now it would be good to see another on in canada but I dunno hard to say with the way the world is going.

lol who knows...theyve been having exhibition games in europe so you never know when they will try to drop that on the table....

maybe the Bahgdad Coyotes?

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
at Marlo Manson you clearly care about my opinions as to your respond to them

ok what first you said I know the Detroit fans probably booed them, than turned around and said I don't know what your talking about boomed them . Um I think your the one who has no idea what your talking about. Maybe you should re think your team there was a couple times were Chris chelios didn't shake hands with the ducks because of pronger.

Ok I responded too you cuz You called me out.
HAHA your responses are a joke to me
So I answered your condecsending rebuttal. :rolleyes:

disrespected the hole city of Detroit , well Detroit really showed respect when the fans boomed them for winning the cup.

And I responded to your comment by writting "I said the Detroit fans prolly booed Buttman" cuz their is NO love lost between Buttman and anything to do with the Redwings ever since he has been the NHL commisioner cuz we alwayz get the sharp end of the knife when it comes to dealing with that piece of shit.

I don't give a fuck what chelios did concerning pronger, I was talkin about the little bitch known as Cindy Crysby. and you brought up Gerry Cheevers. :wtf: so drop this dumb :bs: you called me out. or esle I wouldn't be responding to any of your BULLSHIT. :uohs: :rolleyes:

Dear Detroit Red Wings,

STFU about Crosby's no handshake. The media is just blowing this way off based and it was nothing compared to LaBron.

:thefinger You should Mind your business :conehead: You haven't got the brain capacity to understand how Detroit fans feel about this whole situation, concerning handshakes and tradition. Especially with way the series was called, went down, and ended, and the whole disrespecting angle You are just being a follower of Detroit bashing. So you need to just STFU. and just drop this here and now. :D :hatsoff:

k fuck this shit, we could sit here all fucking summer arguing about Detroit vs the pens

NEXT SUBJECT

Who does everyone want thier favorite team to pick in the draft

As a Sabre fan, I hope to get Zack Kassian (rugged forward)
or John Moore (offensive dman)

Thoughts?

Haha. Someone calls you out on your bullshit lie, and all you can say is "you guys are fucked".

You could have just stated your opinion and analysis of the series and that would have been that. Instead you make up some sort of false identity to try and back up yourself up, and then try and claim dominion over every poster in this thread.

You sir...are the one that is fucked.

Kudos to rodfarva for calling this fool out.

Thanks, STDiva. And thanks for changing your profile picture too, thank god.

What was the main reason they took the team out wasn't it just politics?

I really have no idea where the team should be right now it would be good to see another on in canada but I dunno hard to say with the way the world is going.

The team was losing money in a bad way before, which was the main reason why they were moved to Phoenix. The economy in Canada has improved a lot since then and the fan support would definitely be there as it was before, but giving Winnipeg back their team is a big gamble and it's certainly not what the NHL has in mind these days. Bettman wants a team in Las Vegas pretty badly and the NHL is so focused on putting teams in big American markets that I don't see Winnipeg having the slightest chance of getting their team back. I hope it does happen because I think it'll work despite the risks against it, but again, it's got very little chance of actually happening.

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
The Draft is next weekend (26 and 27 June), and the Awards are tomorrow. IMO, the 2009-10 thread should be started exactly in between. :2 cents:

The team was losing money in a bad way before, which was the main reason why they were moved to Phoenix. The economy in Canada has improved a lot since then and the fan support would definitely be there as it was before, but giving Winnipeg back their team is a big gamble and it's certainly not what the NHL has in mind these days. Bettman wants a team in Las Vegas pretty badly and the NHL is so focused on putting teams in big American markets that I don't see Winnipeg having the slightest chance of getting their team back. I hope it does happen because I think it'll work despite the risks against it, but again, it's got very little chance of actually happening.

The MTS Centre in Winnipeg is new and nice but it's too small for a NHL team
the Mooes play there now and did great this year(AHL)

I know there's a lot of Canadians on this thread, and I know every Canadian hockey fan can't wait for the Winter Olympics in Vancouver less than a year from now. So, for fun, I will choose the players I'd like to see represent Canada this time around.

Forwards: Sidney Crosby, Jarome Iginla, Dany Heatley, Eric Staal, Joe Sakic (if he's still up to it), Rick Nash, Brenden Morrow, Mike Richards, Shane Doan, Joe Thornton, Vincent Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis.

Defencemen: Scott Niedermayer, Mike Green, Jay Bouwmeester, Dion Phaneuf, Eric Brewer (he was on the Salt Lake City team that won gold and he's a great leader and one of the best one-on-one shutdown defencemen in the world), Dan Boyle.

Goalies: Martin Brodeur, Roberto Luongo, Cam Ward. Didn't even have to think about that one.

Others on the radar (forwards): Ryan Getzlaf, Marc Savard, Jonathan Toews, Ryan Smyth (my favourite player, but probably not actually on the radar as much anymore, he's already won a gold medal though), Mike Cammalleri, Jason Spezza, Simon Gagne, Jeff Carter, Patrick Marleau, Derek Roy.

Defencemen: Chris Pronger (I hope not), Shea Weber, Sheldon Souray, Brian Campbell, Ed Jovanovski, Bryan McCabe.

Goalies: Marc-Andre Fleury, Steve Mason, Marty Turco (if he can rebound from a really poor season), Chris Osgood, Carey Price (if he can find it again), Martin Biron (very slight chance).

Who would make your Team Canada roster?

And don't forget to watch the awards show tonight.

I know there's a lot of Canadians on this thread, and I know every Canadian hockey fan can't wait for the Winter Olympics in Vancouver less than a year from now. So, for fun, I will choose the players I'd like to see represent Canada this time around.

Forwards: Sidney Crosby, Jarome Iginla, Dany Heatley, Eric Staal, Joe Sakic (if he's still up to it), Rick Nash, Brenden Morrow, Mike Richards, Shane Doan, Joe Thornton, Vincent Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis.

Defencemen: Scott Niedermayer, Mike Green, Jay Bouwmeester, Dion Phaneuf, Eric Brewer (he was on the Salt Lake City team that won gold and he's a great leader and one of the best one-on-one shutdown defencemen in the world), Dan Boyle.

Goalies: Martin Brodeur, Roberto Luongo, Cam Ward. Didn't even have to think about that one.

Others on the radar (forwards): Ryan Getzlaf, Marc Savard, Jonathan Toews, Ryan Smyth (my favourite player, but probably not actually on the radar as much anymore, he's already won a gold medal though), Mike Cammalleri, Jason Spezza, Simon Gagne, Jeff Carter, Patrick Marleau, Derek Roy.

Defencemen: Chris Pronger (I hope not), Shea Weber, Sheldon Souray, Brian Campbell, Ed Jovanovski, Bryan McCabe.

Goalies: Marc-Andre Fleury, Steve Mason, Marty Turco (if he can rebound from a really poor season), Chris Osgood, Carey Price (if he can find it again), Martin Biron (very slight chance).

Who would make your Team Canada roster?

And don't forget to watch the awards show tonight.

I'm responding to this in a brand new NHL '09/10 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.