• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL to charge people $200 to stand outside Super Bowl stadium

For one-third the price of a regular ticket, NFL fans will be able to stand outside Cowboys Stadium and act like they are attending the Super Bowl XLV. The league announced on Wednesday that tickets to watch the game on large HD video screens on the east side of the stadium will cost $200.

They're calling it the "party plaza," because what's more of a party than spending two bills to go through a security line for the right to sit on a grassy knoll, pay $9 for a beer and watch a game that's freely available on television?

Price gouging at its finest, no doubt. The sad thing is that there are actually people who will pay $200 bucks to stand outside Cowboys Stadium instead of going to the bar with their friends and spending $20 bucks for beer while watching the exact same broadcast. Gotta love that American spirit of wastefulness! :thumbsup:

Story

Why not instead, stop paying the players those ridiculously high salaries? $200,000 to benchwarmers? Something's not right with that.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Capitalism!

FUCK YEAH!

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
'Worth' is only what someone is willing to pay. And if people are willing to pay $200 to stand... :dunno:

It almost makes me hope their is a massive rain storm that comes through during the Superbowl just to teach them a lesson.

Price gouging at its finest, no doubt. The sad thing is that there are actually people who will pay $200 bucks to stand outside Cowboys Stadium instead of going to the bar with their friends and spending $20 bucks for beer while watching the exact same broadcast. Gotta love that American spirit of wastefulness! :thumbsup:

Story

I was going to criticize the NFL, but really, good for them. I despise corrupt churches and psychics and bogus companies that sell "balance bracelets" or dick pills on TV...those people are taking advantage of stupid people who are looking for answers or solutions to some tangible problem.

But if people are willing to shell out that kind of cash to recreationally loiter for a few hours, so be it. I don't get it...it's kind of like paying some girl you have a crush on in order to sit in the living room as she fucks a dude in her bedroom. But if you're willing to surrender your cash for no good reason, everybody wins.

Eh, I think I'd rather stand at home with a $9 Twelve Pack

Why not buy an official NFL $12 Nine Pack?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wait till the Super Bowl and see thousands of idiots standing outside the staduim all $200 lighter as i'm sitting at home with a shitload of beer!

Eh, I think I'd rather stand at home with a $9 Twelve Pack

Exactly my thoughts. Hell, I wouldn't even go if I won tickets, the game is so overhyped. I'd just throw the tickets on eBay and sell them for 1K a piece to some dickbag who paints his face and dresses up in some fruit outfit to attend a game.

Fact is, I'd put money on it that over 90% of regular fans of football have never even played an organized version of the game in their lives anyway. Posers.

Besides, the Superbowl is literally always one of the worst games; yes, there have been some good ones that are memorable in recent time, but so many times it's a blowout. :2 cents:

The smart people will stop standing and go somewhere else to watch it. Aside from that it is all willingly being paid to stand there. Their money.

I just wonder how many will spend that kind of money and which one of those people complain about a bad economy and having no money to do anything.

The smart people will stop standing and go somewhere else to watch it. Aside from that it is all willingly being paid to stand there. Their money.

I just wonder how many will spend that kind of money and which one of those people complain about a bad economy and having no money to do anything.

I understand it's the "event" and shit. You get the big atmosphere and the half-time show and all that rubbish, but there are many people like watching the stupid ass new commercials and stuff like that and have their little parties at their homes. I'm going to guess the majority of those who attend are wealthy (or some Joe who won a radio contest)?

And I hope each one of them freezes while they watch. What a waste.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Am I wrong, or did the Chicago Cubs ownership once try to charge the owners of buildings around Wrigley Field for letting fans sit on their roofs to watch the games?