• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

New Jersey Bans Death Penalty

Thats good, too many other states still have it though.

I am in favor of the death penalty in some cases. If someone murders several people, as far as I'm concerned, you've given up your right to exist in our society, and I don't think we should be forced to pay to house your ass for the rest of your life.

I can see not applying it in cases where the evidence isn't overwhelmingly clear (since there have been cases where it was determined later on that the convicted person was innocent). But in cases like those with Richard Ramirez , the Son of Sam killer, etc., I think we ought to just off those assholes.

BRAVO !:thumbsup:

I agree with Cartman but let's hope that what New Jersey did will influence other states to do the same thing.

And it is good to hear that they banned it while here in Canada we hear people asking to bring it back.

dick van cock

Closed Account
I am in favor of the death penalty in some cases.
The death penalty favors the white over the black; the rich over the poor. While its theoretical basis may sound just to the light-brained, its practical execution in the US is appallingly biased against the non-privileged.

Once again: The USA isn't acceptable to join our precious European Union --- not even the hollow shell of our Council of Europe.... Our Voltairian princilples rule out any members in favor of capital punishment.

{that's why backward Turkey has abolished the death penalty... }

Why, oh why does the US choose to rank amongst rogue nations like Saudi Arabia and China?

The death penalty favors the white over the black; the rich over the poor. While its theoretical basis may sound just to the light-brained, its practical execution in the US is appallingly biased against the non-privileged.

I certainly don't disagree with that in general terms. That is why I said it should only be used in those instances where someone commits a series of murders and there is no dispute in the evidence. It would only be "biased" to the extent that those who committed the crimes would be skewed towards one race or socio-economic class or another.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I think it's funny that as the violent crime rate continues to rise, the severity of the punishments continues to decrease.

:dunno:

Facetious

Moderated
That should be good for a couple extra hundred murders there, this calendar year.

This takes effect when ?

We'll check back in a year :dunno:

BTW : (I) am not priveliged . . . I worry not about how a "Texas System" would intimidate me.
A murder is a murder is a murder, IMO.

It is societies job to insure that free individuals get a fair trial. (another debate )

I certainly don't disagree with that in general terms. That is why I said it should only be used in those instances where someone commits a series of murders and there is no dispute in the evidence. It would only be "biased" to the extent that those who committed the crimes would be skewed towards one race or socio-economic class or another.

I think Ted Bundy was a good example of who deserves the death penalty: someone who has committed a murder spree, is arrested, breaks out, and kills some more.

dick van cock

Closed Account
I think it's funny that as the violent crime rate continues to rise, the severity of the punishments continues to decrease.

:dunno:

That should be good for a couple extra hundred murders this calendar year.

This takes effect when ? We'll check back in a year :dunno:
Any statistics, you two?

There has never been a deterring effect to penalties whatsoever. Criminals either

a) rationally believe they'll never get caught

b) are insane and shouldn't be held responsible to the extent of getting executed.

If the death penalty was eradicating crime... Why is there still adultery in Afghanistan? Why is there still graft in China? Why is there still murder in Texas?

{... waiting for answers...} :angels:

I think Ted Bundy was a good example of who deserves the death penalty: someone who has committed a murder spree, is arrested, breaks out, and kills some more.

Indeed.

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
Why is there still murder in Texas?

oh god I hate this argument!
Of course there is still murder in Texas.
And I dont care whether there is more or less murder with or without the death penalty!
If someone kills another person or rapes a child or woman he loses his right to live!
They need to be sentenced for what theyre doing.
And not with a life imprisonment.
(btw why is still murder in states without the death penalty? with only life imprisonment as highest penalty?)
Why should I pay for an asshole like a child rapist or soething?
Why should I pay his life in prison or his health care with my taxes?
Id rather pay the electricity bill for the death-chair!

dick van cock

Closed Account
They need to be sentenced for what theyre doing.
And not with a life imprisonment.
a) why not? Isn't a life behind bars without the slightest chance of release more frustrating / punishing / ego-breaking than a quick death?

b) The death penalty like it is carried out in the US equals 20 years of solitary confinement with recurring boosts of hope before the eventual execution takes place.

b2) I said it before: If you're wealthy and white, your chances of not being executed are by far bigger than when you are black and poor.

US justice is neither color blind nor fair (in the first place)

... and you being German, m12, should remember how our country has carried out capital punishment (I'm not necessarily talking about the Third Reich here). There is a reason why we banned it after 1949: It's humanism, buddy!

{:sing:Brush Up Your Voltaire!:sing:}

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
why not? Isn't a life behind bars without the slightest chance of release more frustrating / punishing / ego-breaking than a quick death?
Ego-braking? you dont need to break his ego if he is dead, so...I dont care about his ego.
Plus, I doubt that a life behind bars is that frustrating. At least not frustrating enough. They already have everything they need. TV, radio, they even have internet in a few prisons.
And my question again:
Why the heck should I pay for all that?

It's humanism, buddy!

Are you serious?
So, if a single person kills another person its conform, but if a "country" or state or whatever kills this murderer or rapist its against humanism?
:rofl:
Then I dont care about humanism!