• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

New consumer technology/products

Apart from that "Toaster" thread a while ago, and maybe that car thread, I don't think there's a thread about new tech/products that we can buy. They don't have to be products you'd actually buy, just stuff that looks cool/useful/wacky/insane.

And on that note, let's start with an automated flying indoor security drone:

https://ring.com/ca/en/always-home-cam-flying-camera
zeus_hero_desktop_1600x600.jpg

My understanding is that if it detects motion or a possible break-in, it just flies to investigate. You wouldn't need multiple cameras any more, and there would be no "dead zones".

Maybe we can arm it with a taser and go full flying-robot sentinel?

@Torre82

I'm actually considering getting a Pulse 3D headset for my PS5, but wondering if you had suggestions for other options.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
@Torre82

I'm actually considering getting a Pulse 3D headset for my PS5, but wondering if you had suggestions for other options.
If you can swing it.. And actually FIND it..

https://hyperx.com/products/hyperx-cloud-alpha-wireless?variant=42135502422173

Over 300 hours of battery

DTS® Headphone:X® Spatial Audio

I generally don't trust 3d from the company's labs. If they can afford the dts or dolby certification, you'll know exactly what you're getting. Do a youtube search for dts headphone surround to confirm the clarity that dts prefers. IMO it doesnt pack a bassy punch like some companies push out - but bass is for the unwashed masses who just wanna go deaf on songs about gunfire and prostitutes. Established brands still have standards about either clarity or sounding over-the-top in more... Audiophile ways. Dolby atmos wants to push aboves and belows and dts has always been about crispness.

YMMV, but I'd go with battery life and the certification.

Thanks, I'll look for those. Looks like there are several variants?

I actually was very happy with the Sony PS Gold headsets for the PS3, especially the 3D. The only issue was that the earmuffs literally started disintegrating. Like, a couple cracks to start, then all out flaking black chips like a dry sushi roll.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Thanks, I'll look for those. Looks like there are several variants?

I actually was very happy with the Sony PS Gold headsets for the PS3, especially the 3D. The only issue was that the earmuffs literally started disintegrating. Like, a couple cracks to start, then all out flaking black chips like a dry sushi roll.
Yeah. I had the uncharted ps4 headset and it worked reasonably well. More aesthetically pleasing than performing. :\

I ended up just giving them away. Because for the price, mids.. are still mids. Save for true quality amd lofetime replacement stuff. Sony is still the best of the best - studio quality performance really cant be beaten on their stuff. But mids get the job done for a year or two. \shrug

Temporary stuff, all of it.

Ive gone for studio stuff for everyday use. Microphone separate. Why clunk up the headset with a boom mic thatll probably break inside of a year. Mics are cheap, headphones are not.

Last edited:

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
@Torre82

Gah, what happened to your avatar??

On topic, I'm seeing the HyperX Cloud II and HyperX Cloud Alpha S on sale at a local store - Not exactly the model you mentioned, but do you have thoughts on them?
https://hyperx.com/collections/gaming-headsets/products/hyperx-cloud-alpha-s?variant=41031691206813
https://hyperx.com/collections/gaming-headsets/products/hyperx-cloud-ii
Fine enough for mids. Alpha s looks like a bass-centric headset for music heads.

Cloud 2 looks like... Eh.

A headset for the masses. It'll get the job done for a year or three. Personally, I'd save up for something online that calls out to you more than just a local item.

But I trust the company for the moment, so I can't be against em. :)

Fine enough for mids. Alpha s looks like a bass-centric headset for music heads.

Cloud 2 looks like... Eh.

A headset for the masses. It'll get the job done for a year or three. Personally, I'd save up for something online that calls out to you more than just a local item.

But I trust the company for the moment, so I can't be against em. :)
I found the Sony Pulse 3D on for 30% off on a labour day sale. They're due to arrive today.

I know that as a whole, they're lower ranked than the HyperX, SteelSeries and some others, but I also remember how the Sony PS Golds were custom made for the PS, and had features that were custom to them. I only want the headphones for PS5 gaming, so I figured it's worth a shot.