• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Netflix

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Netflix Losing 800,000 U.S. Subscribers Article

Netflix just raises prices again in May of this year.

Netflix = nickel and dimed to death

Will, that's a very old article. The stock tanked after Hastings' PR blunder back in 2011. It got down to around $60/share and I almost talked myself into buying some. I didn't. It closed yesterday at $427.71. :hairpull: If I'd made that buy, I would have bought you a one week supply (even with that kind of gain, I'm not sure just how much you like cupcakes) of your favorite cupcakes. Netflix added 2.33 million streaming subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2013, bringing its number of paying U.S. subscribers to 31.7 million to close the year. And they projected adding another 2.25 million in the 1st quarter of this year. Last I heard, DirecTV had added 90,000 subscribers. And they only have about 21 million subscribers in the U.S. AT&T is buying DirecTV and it's not a question of if they'll jack the prices up even more, only when.

It's not that I love Netflix (I'm not a subscriber... sadly not a shareholder either) or that I'm telling you not to dislike/hate them. But I pay well over $100/month (with a 3-4% price hike every single year) to DirecTV and I still have to delete Bravo, Lifetime, E-TV, Fox News, Headline News, TruTV and all the other retard and sheep channels from my channel guide, so I can avoid a violent meltdown when I see them pop up. Whenever I see the bill, I always think: and just WTF am I paying for again???!!!:facepalm:

I'm an American. So I figure it's my God given right to have a la carte TV pricing, without being forced to pay for crap that I wouldn't watch if you pointed a gun at my head. IMO, Netflix will deliver this option long before the cable and satellite mafias ever will. $25/month and just give me AMC, the History Channels, PBS, NBCSports, Al Jazeera and maybe a few others... for $40/month make it HD and throw in my Tivo DVR service. Do that and I'm a happy camper.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Netflix doesn't have every movie. :tongue:

They also lost a lot of movies and shows, and that trend will continue.

Do you really have nothing to do?

Posts the numbskull that answers 90% of the members with emoticons, and nonsensical gibberish.

Mr. Daystar

Netflix doesn't have every movie. :tongue:

They also lost a lot of movies and shows, and that trend will continue.

Do you really have nothing to do?

Posts the numbskull that answers 90% of the members with emoticons, and nonsensical gibberish.

Ari Dee

Official Checked Star Member
Well, since when did Blockbuster or the other chains ever have "every movie"?

Because I remember quite regularly asking for movies that they never had, repeatedly.
For someone who complained about Netflix "nickel and diming" them, which is impossible since there are no hidden fees or extra charges of any kind..
I'm guessing you never had a single late charge on a movie rental?
I seem to recall new releases costing about $4-6 a piece at movie rental places.. but SURE, that's a better deal than $9 for THOUSANDS of movies. OKAY.

Currently using Amazon Prime trial month, I already watched the 4 interesting movies in all its catalogue, so obviously I won't continue when the trial expires, I would probably quit before that, it's simply pathetic.

Mr. Daystar

I had gotten a free month trial of Hulu Plus. They had a lot of good content, but I felt it could have been easier to navigate the site. Amazon and Netflix are very user friendly in comparison.